Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I wish i could have made it..but i was over excited and too much in the game that i forgot every thing else..but believe me that really happened

Well, my test is still going 2nd test.

Australia (AI) 365 after 90 odd overs very normal.
England 223 all out. Poor effort by me. Fell apart
Australia 300-6 off 72 overs

Leading by 411. Now there seems to be a trend. Openers bat well, normally ticking it along. Wicket falls. AI gets it crack pipe out and smokes on it heavily. Run rates go up to 6-7 an over. Either calm down be themselfs or once they loose 6 wickets they go back into there shell and beging to bat normally again.

North 90 off 62 ball. Lost Haddin, now North 101 off 122 balls.

I suupose with a lead of 400 you would bat aggresively... its just this very odd lil patch they go through!!

Result and pictures to come!

Gas... How you going matey?

Well, my test is still going 2nd test.

Australia (AI) 365 after 90 odd overs very normal.
England 223 all out. Poor effort by me. Fell apart
Australia 300-6 off 72 overs

Leading by 411. Now there seems to be a trend. Openers bat well, normally ticking it along. Wicket falls. AI gets it crack pipe out and smokes on it heavily. Run rates go up to 6-7 an over. Either calm down be themselfs or once they loose 6 wickets they go back into there shell and beging to bat normally again.

North 90 off 62 ball. Lost Haddin, now North 101 off 122 balls.

I suupose with a lead of 400 you would bat aggresively... its just this very odd lil patch they go through!!

Result and pictures to come!

Gas... How you going matey?

I've also found that if you keep changing delivery at the last moment, it's usually only a short time before they stop with the slogging everything for six routine.

Finally got a chance to try the game. Can only echo most of the more obviously buggy issues. I think there are some fundamentals that really need to be worked on for the next game though.

Physics and animations are key. If it looks like the game we love then there's much more of a chance that we'll be absorbed in the gameplay.

I'm not a fan of the way you premeditate everything and then have to play the shot before the ball has even reached you - hell, on hard you basically play the shot as it leaves the bowlers hand. If anything it should be the other way around, with the batsman playing as late as possible to get the best timing.

There needs to be more of a chance of getting a tiny edge, not to mention LBWs and bowled. Right now bowling can be a chore, with all wickets coming caught or run out. It's also no fun to bat defensively, which means I can try to pretend to play like its a test match but after awhile I get bored of leaving and blocking. Better physics and animations could help that to a certain extent.

Sound and commentary needs a total overhaul.

Graphics are fine, although nowhere near most other new games on the market.

Some tournaments or tours really need to be implemented. What about a master league kinda thing, like PES offers? Give us something to freaking play for.

That said, it's probably the best cricket game I've played, but the bar is very low. I dig the catching system, although it too can be improved upon.

My friends comments are over on our blog.I especially liked this comment.

"There are a few other un-crickety things. When you edge a ball into the slip cordon, it loops up, as though you've just hit an overripe orange into the air with a giant red dildo."

The Commentary Position

There needs to be more of a chance of getting a tiny edge, not to mention LBWs and bowled. Right now bowling can be a chore, with all wickets coming caught or run out.

Give it time old chap. ;)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 47
Give it time old chap. ;)

It's nice that its happening for you and you've obviously worked out a good way to trap them this way (are the bowled instances clean or played on?) but after all the overs I've bowled I should have definitely had a few more, even just against the tailenders. But not only for me, I'd also like to be bowled, LBW and caught behind myself.

About the wear and tear not being saved properly, it seems to me that if you play past lunch on the second day and then save, the wear and tear is saved.

Is anyone else facing these -

- The game takes ages to load; especially the from first screen to code masters logo taking the stumps out. Even the following screens until the menu comes is time taking too.

- The scoreboard summary that comes after the end of 1st team batting is hell lot jerky.

Is anyone else facing these -

- The game takes ages to load; especially the from first screen to code masters logo taking the stumps out. Even the following screens until the menu comes is time taking too.

- The scoreboard summary that comes after the end of 1st team batting is hell lot jerky.

Yes, both of them. They went away when I defragged my HDD, but that was on XP when the game was running badly. Now the game is running fine under Win 7, but the loading times are atrocious. Defragging HDD didn't work this time. Last time, it made the loading times almost instantaneous!

Yes, both of them. They went away when I defragged my HDD, but that was on XP when the game was running badly. Now the game is running fine under Win 7, but the loading times are atrocious. Defragging HDD didn't work this time. Last time, it made the loading times almost instantaneous!
I am on Vista home premium....

The loading time that I am referring to is the first couple of screens; its fine as soon as the game menu comes.

However, the summary scorecard after an innings is always in jerks; let it be offline or online.

Guys just get Xbox 360 and you will never have these problem ever again. play the games on your LCD or Plasma. you will always have a good online experiance. Please i am not trying to say xbox is better than PC but you need both my friends. Pc to do other stuff and xbox to play games like ashes cricket 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread