Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

No Onions?
Surely a complete joke... I know we can create him but still...

Odd i no must be due to fact he was not playing in the Cardiff test!

On the bright side we can give him his correct pace if created... unlike broad and jimmy!;)

No Onions?
Surely a complete joke... I know we can create him but still...

I can understand, I dont like "Onions" either.............................:D

I'll close the door on my way out:doh

great news everyone well for me mainly i rang up gamescene uk in my area and asked if ashes cricket 2009 when they would get in stock to sell i was expecting tomoz or friday but he said if you come down this afternoon he will have some in stock i was like yesssssss so i will expirience the game later today well shortly im buying it for my xbox 360 i will also give feedback if anyone wants sum and any question i will answer

great news everyone well for me mainly i rang up gamescene uk in my area and asked if ashes cricket 2009 when they would get in stock to sell i was expecting tomoz or friday but he said if you come down this afternoon he will have some in stock i was like yesssssss so i will expirience the game later today well shortly im buying it for my xbox 360 i will also give feedback if anyone wants sum and any question i will answer

ya if u get it please post some screenies ! :)

I'll close the door on my way out:doh

Haha quality!
But lets be honest now, they would have surely known primary ( i think thats the word correct please if not ) squads for both Teams for the series.

EDIT: i changed my spelling :D

Last edited:
Alright, been playing the game for a couple of hours. First impressions?

The Good
Best cricket game I have played since Lara 99
Some real neat touches here and there. Nice to get caught on the drive playing a normal shot by short extra cover or caught keeper playing a fine sweep.
Bowling can be very unforgiving on hard, especially when bowling with secondary bowlers. I started a 20/20 game opening the bowling with Dale Steyn, took a few early poles but it then all went haywire once Albie Morkel, Johan Botha came into the attack.

The Bad
Pace of the bowlers, Wayne Parnell (a 85mph+ bowler) can only clock 65mph max whilst Steyn and Morne Morkel can clock 85-90mph with ease. Same goes for Albie and Jacques Kallis who are criminally slow in the game.
Customisation, what?s the point? I can only improve Parnell?s pace by decreasing his accuracy, cut/spin or swing. Pointless, his bowling rating is a mere 60 in comparison to Steyn?s 84. A huge gulf and it shows.
Player and team ratings in general are fairly illogical, according to them Pakistan are a better fielding outfit than South Africa.
Also, just having a quick browse seems like they have made a few basic schoolboy errors. Botha is not an all-rounder in the game, just a bowler (a very poor one at that) and his batting is worse than Steyn. Justin Ontong is an offie in game but in reality he has been a pure batsman for over seven years. Albie Morkel is also classified as a bowler not a big hitting all-rounder, his batting rating is useless (50 odd) for a guy who averages over 40 in first class cricket.
Run-outs. Far too many for my liking, computer loves turning an easy two into a suicidal three.
No-balls, computer seems to have a penchant for them but have no problems in sending down immaculate lines. I've not seen a wide yet but in a mere 20 over game, the computer bowled 15 no-balls, 12 with spinners!
Legend's training - Boring and far too easy. Not even its target audience, ten year old kids would enjoy it. Warney is also beyond annoying, "try again".

Last edited:
Alright, been playing the game for a couple of hours. First impressions?

The Good
Best cricket game I have played since Lara 99
Some real neat touches here and there. Nice to get caught on the drive playing a normal shot by short extra cover or caught keeper playing a fine sweep.
Bowling can be very unforgiving on hard, especially when bowling with secondary bowlers. I started a 20/20 game opening the bowling with Dale Steyn, took a few early poles but it then all went haywire once Albie Morkel, Johan Botha came into the attack.

The Bad
Pace of the bowlers, Wayne Parnell (a 85mph+ bowler) can only clock 65mph max whilst Steyn and Morne Morkel can clock 85-90mph with ease. Same goes for Albie and Jacques Kallis who are criminally slow in the game.
Customisation, what?s the point? I can only improve Parnell?s pace by decreasing his accuracy, cut/spin or swing. Pointless, his bowling rating is a mere 60 in comparison to Steyn?s 84. A huge gulf and it shows.
Player and team ratings in general are fairly illogical, according to them Pakistan are a better fielding outfit than South Africa.
Also, just having a quick browse seems like they have made a few basic schoolboy errors. Botha is not an all-rounder in the game, just a bowler (a very poor one at that) and his batting is worse than Dale Steyn?s. Justin Ontong is an offie in game but in reality his been a pure batsman for over seven years. Albie Morkel is also classified as a bowler not a big hitting all-rounder, his batting rating is useless (50 odd) for a guy who averages over 40 in first class cricket.
Run-outs. Far too many for my liking, computer loves turning an easy two into a suicidal three.
No-balls, computer seems to have a penchant for them but have no problems in sending down immaculate lines. I've not seen a wide yet but in a mere 20 over game, the computer bowled 15 no-balls, 12 with spinners!
Legend's training - Boring and far too easy. Not even its target audience, ten year old kids would enjoy it. Warney is also beyond annoying, "try again".

fair play for giving your reviews but i know its a downfool the school boy errors and it can be annoying but there not massive downfalls i can cope with that and when servers come online i can hope for a patch upgrade on my 360 and also the onli problem i believe is major in that review is the run outs that really is annoying im getting my game today

Users who are viewing this thread