Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

I can make Parnell quicker but I have to give up his points in accuracy or swing. I did but it only added 5mph, so instead of being 65mph he can now send them down at 70mph. I suppose if I take his accuracy rating down completely, I can get him up to 85mph! :noway
i think that is a bit positive news...because the AI is bowling almost perfect line and length every time..they bowl with very little variations

if you create Parnell and bring his accuracy down, may bethe AI will bowl varied line and length

Surely the PC guys will work out a way to make a full editor or crack the existing editor to allow for unlimited skill points.

if you want to increase one of the bowlers pace then try decreasing one of his batting or fielding skills and then re use the points for the pace

this worked for me when i made myself the best batsmen ever

But seriously, who is going to play every single ball of a 5 day test?

It would take a ridiculous amount of time and boredom would creep in.

My solution to that would be reduce the amount of overs per day (maybe there's an option to do that anyway), so matches are more likely to go for five days. As well as that, accelerate the deterioration of the pitch, so it's as though there were still 90 overs per day.

My solution to that would be reduce the amount of overs per day (maybe there's an option to do that anyway), so matches are more likely to go for five days. As well as that, accelerate the deterioration of the pitch, so it's as though there were still 90 overs per day.

The thing for the devs though would be, that they'd know some people would moan that the number of overs per day aren't correct etc.

Its a lose-lose situation really.

ill do some pros and cons just of little things i noticed

pros -
- defensive actions i thought were really good
- lots of edges but not 'scripted' i.e some go short, straight down, over slips etc depending on bowler and shot
- bowling is fun except no balls
- graphics and animation all look pretty sharp
- ai does vary its balls alot and the field although sometimes sets and offside field and bowls very straight so easy leg side runs
- lots of options (match settings)
- catching is good
- ai pacing is better than other games ive played and they dont keep playing same shot,
- the in field are very good at stopping the ball with lots of diving stops etc
probably alot more things

cons
- some pore run outs still but mainly seemed to be when hit into deep and they go for the second but cancel, direct hit will get them out
- when batting against spin alot of edges to keeper which is realistic i suppose but sometimes he pulls of amazing split second dives right down at the ground which seem far fetched
- boundary fielders dont attempt to stop the boundary, no dives, slides etc just watch it go past
- the good length being too full
- bowler speeds, brett lee = 100mph, anderson = 77mph
- camera is better than demo but still hard to stop the ball sometimes especially when it goes up high you cant see it come back down because camera too slow
- the way i got run out a minute ago because when you cancel a run sometimes, instead of running back as quick as possible and just keep going past the crease like they might in real life, instead the batsmen stop out side the crease and turn before putting the bat down which is stupid
- test matches dont last many days although probably due to my batting. although i did get computer out in about 30 overs. could be solved by making each session 25 or 20 overs instead of 30 to make it seem like it goes on for mmore days??
edit - also lbw's. nearly impossible to get the ai out with one, im sure i had lots of stonewall ones which were not even midly appealed for, however the ai appealed for loads against me which were all going metres down the offside which got annoying

cant remember much more but will post if i do.

overall very enjoyable to play, cant wait till servers are online or one of my mates comes round to play

That's many more pros than cons as far as I'm concerned. It bloody better be just like that on the PC! Sounds to me as though the edges have not only been fixed, but are now massively varied as well!

The bolded bit? You beat me to it!

I think this is where PC beats the consoles hands down, we don't know whether we can mod the game but still there is a good chance we can do that. If we get a player editor, I think the bowling pace issue can be sorted out.
What we should really worry about is the runouts :noway:noway:doh

I think this is where PC beats the consoles hands down, we don't know whether we can mod the game but still there is a good chance we can do that. If we get a player editor, I think the bowling pace issue can be sorted out.
What we should really worry about is the runouts :noway:noway:doh

we need a patch transmission,just a patch ,do it for us please :crying

Btw for Steve,
we are getting a Arena Mode in pc fifa 10 :D(hopefully)

Last edited:
I can make Parnell quicker but I have to give up his points in accuracy or swing. I did but it only added 5mph, so instead of being 65mph he can now send them down at 70mph. I suppose if I take his accuracy rating down completely, I can get him up to 85mph! :noway

We were told at the playtest that if you play as a unlicensed team (ie South Africa) and win matches you earn skills points which can be used to upgrade the skills of players, so in theory you should be able up the pace of Parnell by earning enough points.

However, you can only use the edited players offline and it will revert to default squads when you go online.

I can't believe that Codies have left the speeds as they are, we told the categorically that this would be a huge issue if they didn't do something about it, we were assured that they would be sorted in the final version. My only hope is that like many Xbox 360 and PS3 games there is a release day patch.

we need a patch transmission,just a patch ,do it for us please :crying

Errr I don't think transmission will even bother. This has been the case with all previous release. Once they release it, they will stop checking this forums and go invisible :( The simple reason being we would have already bought the game and paid money. :crying

Whatever bugs we are finding now in the game, we only should try to patch it.

A good length in the game is top of off. Which is realistic.

So they have fixed the length/bounce?

what music is it when you hit boundaries in 20/20??

And can you choose your own?

if you want to increase one of the bowlers pace then try decreasing one of his batting or fielding skills and then re use the points for the pace

this worked for me when i made myself the best batsmen ever

Nice one.

The thing for the devs though would be, that they'd know some people would moan that the number of overs per day aren't correct etc.

Its a lose-lose situation really.

No it wouldn't, not if they gave an option to choose how many overs per session!! ;) Is that in the game by any chance?

@AbBh: You figured out a way to choose how many overs were in the game, do you think there's a chance you could do that per session?

What's the sound like, especially the thwack of leather on willow? And the appeals - can you hear them properly now?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Errr I don't think transmission will even bother. This has been the case with all previous release. Once they release it, they will stop checking this forums and go invisible :( The simple reason being we would have already bought the game and paid money. :crying

Whatever bugs we are finding now in the game, we only should try to patch it.

I disagree - they know they're onto a good thing and they come across as a dev. who won't just leave the bugs in the game.

Surely the PC guys will work out a way to make a full editor or crack the existing editor to allow for unlimited skill points.

Of course, editing player stats on the PC should be easy as pie :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread