Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

It's on normal, so take that in to consideration. Anything other than Hard is pointless in this game for anyone who wants something remotely challenging.

Some more thoughts...

Malinga has the same slinger action that Shoaib has but there is noway you can create a bowler and give him such an action.

Few more laughable player ratings, Afridi is a better batsman than Jacques Kallis whilst Younis Khan (92) is a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar (90).

Also, Pakistan are the gun fielding team in the game whilst Sri Lanka (who have fielders of the class of Dilshan) are awful. You can't change this around unless you want Pakistan to then become the best batting and bowling side in the game, as you have to assign points.

If you bowl as Sri Lanka, no need to muck around with Vaas's pace, one of the few bowlers in the game who realistically does bowl at 75mph.

Just playing around with Mendis and Afridi at the moment, got their pace up to maximum but their leg-breaks are still not that quick. Remember on Lara 05 I could bowl Afridi's quicker ball (70mph+) but I don't seem to be bowling quicker than 55mph here...

Last edited:
Still no 3rd umpire decisions through light or through the big screen.... damn :doh

The umpire raises his hands :noway

I do not understand why Jamie would lie to the play testers and say he is personally looking into fixing the player rating. You think he would have fixed the English bowlers at the very least.

Seriously, it seems that all the hard work that Transmission has put into this game has been hindered by the incompetence of Codemasters.

It will be a bloody shame if you lot spend 2 years working on this game and then not spend an extra few months to patch the minor bugs in the final product.

It's on normal, so take that in to consideration. Anything other than Hard is pointless in this game for anyone who wants something remotely challenging.

Is that why the bowling still looked a bit on the slow side?

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I do not understand why Jamie would lie to the play testers and say he is personally looking into fixing the player rating. You think he would have fixed the English bowlers at the very least.

Seriously, it seems that all the hard work that Transmission has put into this game has been hindered by the incompetence of Codemasters.

It will be a bloody shame if you lot spend 2 years working on this game and then not spend an extra few months to patch the minor bugs in the final product.

Agreed. Codemasters, do not get in the way of the progress of this game!

Edit: Apologies if this has already been posted, but I couldn't be bothered to read a few pages back. :)

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1010857p1.html

This part in particular looks promising:

On the lowest difficulty level, the batsman happily flounder between the stumps, making run-outs a ridiculously frequent occurrence, but bowling is often a steady war of attrition.

On the lowest level...

Last edited:
Still thinking about the 3rd umpire decisions.... :noway

A big screen "OUT" or "NOT OUT" wud hve been awesome.... :facepalm

Wht say guys?

Still thinking about the 3rd umpire decisions.... :noway

A big screen "OUT" or "NOT OUT" wud hve been awesome.... :facepalm

Wht say guys?

Yes. That and the 'Jaws' music, as you wait for the decision, and then the graphic with the rotating bat which lands on out, or not out.

Omg! U guys are so lucky!!!:mad
Amazon said that I will not be able to enjoy the game before 11th of August :crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

Has anyone found a video that shows some edges? The outfields look a lot better in that video than the demo though.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Omg! U guys are so lucky!!!:mad
Amazon said that I will not be able to enjoy the game before 11th of August :crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

Where are you from?

Yes. That and the 'Jaws' music, as you wait for the decision, and then the graphic with the rotating bat which lands on out, or not out.
Exactly the type of format I am asking for....

And it cud have been an easy job.... at least for the codies :doh

So, could someone please explain (with the aid of screenshots would be excelent :D ) as fully as they can the customisation system in AC09

Users who are viewing this thread