Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Lol jesus F'ing christ.

O'brien 95mph? :doh

It just gets better and better.

Facepalm.jpg

Ian Butler bowls at 95mph. O'Brien, Mills and any other New Zealand quick on the game bowl at 70/5mph max. Butler returned only recently to international cricket for New Zealand and was lively but a millions miles away from the speeds he achieves in this game. Here he is quicker than Mitchell Johnson. :rtfl

Think about it. If all sides are filled with pie-chuckers, the Online play should be fairly even? No?

Think about it. If all sides are filled with pie-chuckers, the Online play should be fairly even? No?

Australia have Lee, Johnson and Siddle. In the demo all bowl bloody fast. I can see Australia becoming the new Barcelona of Pes/Fifa Lol. :facepalm

what about flintoff. is he licensed in the game?

If he was, you would hope he would vaguely look like himself.

Also, for the West Indies, Sarwan's skin colour is Black African. Haven't checked out Nash yet but there is only three skin colours on the game, I hope he is white...

The edit mode is very poor, especially when your coming from playing games such as PES. Even on the PS2 five years ago their edit mode was more in-depth and sophisticated than this. Real bog-standard stuff...

Massively disapointed with the bowling speeds not being fixed. I'm sorry Codies/Transmissions whatever, but that's just lazy. How hard can it be to make Anderson bowl 89/90mph? Jesus Christ. Added to that the disapointing edit mode. It just reeks of amateurism.

UFCfail.gif

Last edited:
Massively disapointed with the bowling speeds. I'm sorry Codies, but that's just lazy. How hard can it be to make Anderson bowl 89/90mph? Jesus Christ.

UFCfail.gif

Spot on Matt, i mean other bowlers maybe, but old Jim? No chance. :facepalm

But will it be fun or realistic? It isn't much fun bowling with O'Brien, Mills, Gul, Parnell, Kallis, Albie Morkel, Ntini et cetera now. It feels slow.

What about Malinga's speed? I might forgive it if he's 90+, otherwise:mad:

Bowled a no-ball in a 20/20 game, Pakistan chasing and Younis Khan still left the ball.

Also, Afridi bowls a no-ball, I go after the free hit, smash it down covers throat and given out.

Not seen a wide yet. Played for over 4 hours...

TT Boy added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

What about Malinga's speed? I might forgive it if he's 90+, otherwise:mad:

No worries, his quick. 90mph+.

Same goes for Fidel Edwards and Jerome Taylor

Spot on Matt, i mean other bowlers maybe, but old Jim? No chance. :facepalm

It might seem like a superficial thing to get worked up about, but there's nothing better in cricket than a fast bowler like Sir James of Anderson Lord Manor of Burnley in full flow, and yet I won't get to replicate that in this game. Plus Flintoff looks absolutely hideous. Yeah yeah gameplay is king and all that, but ffs you've got licenses for England and Australia so USE THEM. Absolutely no excuse for it.

Bowled a no-ball in a 20/20 game, Pakistan chasing and Younis Khan still left the ball.

Also, Afridi bowls a no-ball, I go after the free hit, smash it down covers throat and given out.

Not seen a wide yet. Played for over 4 hours...

TT Boy added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

No worries, his quick. 90mph+.

Same goes for Fidel Edwards and Jerome Taylor

Cool:D still is a bit annoying they haven't got this bit right, the stats can be easily got by anyone. ITs not a game breaker, for me, but it could have been sorted (maybe a patch:sarcasm)

Cool:D still is a bit annoying they haven't got this bit right, the stats can be easily got by anyone. ITs not a game breaker, for me, but it could have been sorted (maybe a patch:sarcasm)

hope,Transmission guys are following this thread:spy

So, the few key issues that have propped up so far are:

- Incorrect player skills/speeds/attributes - all can be fixed by a simple patch (Seemingly a MUCH bigger issue than I though it was). Australia are also over-powered comparatively.

- Poor pacing by the AI in Test Matches, by batting overly aggressively and providing too many opportunities. Hopefully can be fixed in a patch

- Majority of the edges still not carrying. Can this be fixed in a patch?

- Not enough LBWs/LBW appeals/Bowleds - should be fixed in a patch

- No real indication so far that AI batsmen bat according to the situation. It could be there, but needs more time to find. I noticed proper batsmen hogging the strike when with a tailender in the Demo, so that is there.

- AI bowlers bowl too straight and predictably, without enough variation it seems. Also give away too few wides, if any. Can be fixed in a patch I think.

- Annoying small glitches with runouts and stumpings. Batsmen not sliding their bat in, getting stumped without doing anything. This adds to the realism in my opinion, but if it is too frequent then it is an issue.

- Can get out on Free-hits

- Licensed players don't look like themselves.

Biggest issues first, least important issues last. Anything I missed, or anything I'm wrong, let me know.

Updated list.

Last edited:
hope,Transmission guys are following this thread:spy

I have faith they will this time, the games getting some positive feed back in terms of gameplay this time, I reckon they will want to keep the hardcore happy and tweak the bugs that are in the game, fingers crossed anyway:):D:D

Users who are viewing this thread