Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

When i get the game tomorrow, I'm going to try and do a decent review with pictures and some video's. Then i shall settle down to an ashes series.

yes that edge flew to the slips, not gently lobbed up.

Hopefully they have have a few more improvements, I am still a bit aggrieved about having Jimmy bowling in the low 70s :noway

Don't worry, most edges still die a painless death.

When i get the game tomorrow, I'm going to try and do a decent review with pictures and some video's. Then i shall settle down to an ashes series.

Where did you order from?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

So the edges haven't been fixed? This is confusing: some people say that the edges carry properly now and are varied, with some top edges going up in the air, whereas others are saying the opposite... :facepalm

Front foot edges don't seem to carry for me or the computer. I only got a caught behind by dropping it short and the slip took it in front of his face.

Slips catches seem to work far better for the spinners. For the seamers, I take all my slips out straight away as the ball never seems to carry, so it is a waste of two or more positions.

But maybe that was due to the surfaces I have mostly been playing on. Though Jo'Burg, The Bullring seems to be very lively in the game, lots of pace and bounce. You won't get an LBW there (you don't anyway, 6 hours and counting...) unless you bowl a yorker.

It seems that some people on here want this game to die a slow painful death despite having not even played it yet!

At the end of the day it is a computer game and it will never be able to replicate the full joys of playing cricket but it will allow you to live out some fantasies and hopefully some great fun and entertainment on the way. You will never be able to perfectly simulate real life but this seams like a good place to start

Unfortunately the options for good cricket games are fairly limited so hopefully this will be the first of a constantly developing series that will add to the realism year by year. Don't expect the world but from what I have heard and seen (not one of the fortunate ones to get game early) a lot of fun will be had with this game.

Seems like a blessing in disguise that Im only getting the game in October (getting xbox then) hopefully by then we will have a patch and probably a drop in price....really cant believe that Transmission didnt fix the poor ratings, loopy deliveries, and run outs.

I mean, why did they release a demo then?? Wasnt the point of it to get feedback of it in order to fix some of the problems? And its not as if we didnt bring those problems up....for the past week every single post in the "demo release thread" said something about the terrible AI running, ratings and floating fast deliveries.

Shambles..

It seems that some people on here want this game to die a slow painful death despite having not even played it yet!

At the end of the day it is a computer game and it will never be able to replicate the full joys of playing cricket but it will allow you to live out some fantasies and hopefully some great fun and entertainment on the way. You will never be able to perfectly simulate real life but this seams like a good place to start

Unfortunately the options for good cricket games are fairly limited so hopefully this will be the first of a constantly developing series that will add to the realism year by year. Don't expect the world but from what I have heard and seen (not one of the fortunate ones to get game early) a lot of fun will be had with this game.

Excellent first post (I haven't seen you around before). You're right - cricket is far too complicated to ever have a completely accurate videogame rendition of the sport, but from what I've heard and played, this is easily the closest we've ever come to it as yet. For example, if the AI bombs along at 10 runs per over, so what? You'll probably also bomb along at 10 runs an over! It's good, competitive cricket, just with run-rates that are maybe a bit too high. As long as every ball doesn't disappear for six like with BLIC 2007, it doesn't matter.

For me, I want this game to be hugely successful and I want Transmission to stand by their game, because it is worth it, and deliver patches to iron out certain unacceptable problems (it has to be said), such as medium fast bowlers not being able to break 80mph, the borked edges (in the demo, at least) and the awful runout bug as seen in the demo (although many say it has been improved in the game).

Which format are you getting it on? I have preordered it on PC and am expecting it Friday morning. Just in time for the Test, as it happens. :)

I mean, why did they release a demo then?? Wasnt the point of it to get feedback of it in order to fix some of the problems? And its not as if we didnt bring those problems up....for the past week every single post in the "demo release thread" said something about the terrible AI running, ratings and floating fast deliveries.

Shambles..

no that WASNT the point, a demo 2 week before release is too late too fix problems

Users who are viewing this thread