Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Seems like a blessing in disguise that Im only getting the game in October (getting xbox then) hopefully by then we will have a patch and probably a drop in price....really cant believe that Transmission didnt fix the poor ratings, loopy deliveries, and run outs.

I mean, why did they release a demo then?? Wasnt the point of it to get feedback of it in order to fix some of the problems? And its not as if we didnt bring those problems up....for the past week every single post in the "demo release thread" said something about the terrible AI running, ratings and floating fast deliveries.

Shambles..

I reckon the P.C. team will sort out the slow bowling visually and the slow speeds on the clock long before any patches appear. Can't say the same for the runouts unfortunately.

A shambles? Certainly not, that was Cricket 07 (out of the box), or BLIC 2007. This game is no shambles.

For me, I want this game to be hugely successful and I want Transmission to stand by their game, because it is worth it, and deliver patches to iron out certain unacceptable problems (it has to be said), such as medium fast bowlers not being able to break 80mph, the borked edges (in the demo, at least) and the awful runout bug as seen in the demo (although many say it has been improved in the game).

Thats the key, patches must be released this time

is say edges are well done on this game better than any previous game for sure

ive not got out yet on a free hit, remember you can still be stumped and run out so that might of been what happened

odi are very good and look fairly real.

btw im sure ps3 version could be patched by users in the form of downloadable option files. Just like in pro evoloution where you can download somenes file from the net which has all the real kits and updated stats etc

paradisekingy added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

also if the dev said they are fixing bowling speeds then i would wait till the morning of the release as there could well be an update to coincide like many other games have last minute patches

Meh, I'm keeping my hopes down and playing down this game as much as possible. I'm still going to get this game, and I'll enjoy it tons, but getting worked up about it now will just make me impatient and make the game feel like it didn't live up to expectations.

its really funny how all the play test reviews were all really positive, i guess u cannt really test a game unless u can play it for more the a few hours.

It seems that some people on here want this game to die a slow painful death despite having not even played it yet!

At the end of the day it is a computer game and it will never be able to replicate the full joys of playing cricket but it will allow you to live out some fantasies and hopefully some great fun and entertainment on the way. You will never be able to perfectly simulate real life but this seams like a good place to start

Unfortunately the options for good cricket games are fairly limited so hopefully this will be the first of a constantly developing series that will add to the realism year by year. Don't expect the world but from what I have heard and seen (not one of the fortunate ones to get game early) a lot of fun will be had with this game.

Indeed! Completely agree. Amidst its flaws, this game IS seemingly more entertaining than its predecessors as well as the EA offerings. And this is the reason most people including me wont/cant reject it as easily as (I guess)
Blic07 was.
It doesnt even require a heck lot of gameplay change patches unlike ea07. I although do hope that run-out bug and the loopy edges problem get solved by our ol' trusty modders community.

al.

btw im sure ps3 version could be patched by users in the form of downloadable option files. Just like in pro evoloution where you can download somenes file from the net which has all the real kits and updated stats etc

also if the dev said they are fixing bowling speeds then i would wait till the morning of the release as there could well be an update to coincide like many other games have last minute patches

I never knew you could do that on ps3.

As for a release day patch, I would not expect it. Nothing about this game has been released on time and they have been very secretive. They also blatantly lied to the playtesters about fixing bowling speeds. It is an ASHES license. How could they get Englands best bowlers speed wrong! It is unforgivable.
Id say we would be lucky to get one patch for this game ever.

well in a odi 50 over match i just got new zealand all out for 206 from 24 overs.

5 of the last wickets were run outs where they hit the ball into deep for a single then went for another before cancelling and it being too late, dissapointing end to the match

Wow transmission, u need to realise that you will never please some of these guys!
Your first attempt and already one of the better cricket games!
But really people expected perfection!
If you read this thread your never go and buy it.Please people take the positives try your best to enjoy rather than moan, constructive critism!

After all its as GAME, and im sure efforts will be made into the next one to improve maybe even a patch for this. But slag them off be completely negative and they may just drop it all together!

Simple fact is some people in this thread will NEVER ever be happy! untill they have a virtual simulator!!

Come on guys im with you there are bugs and faults but also positives in this game that no other game has had!!

I heard somebody moan about the 3rd umpire 4 times! BOTHERED!! if it out its out if not its not... the red and green light do not change the game that much!!!

Let me know how you feel next week when the whole world is playing it , except you

No need to be snotty dude, really unnecessary. Im not getting the game on PC because my laptop can only run it on lowest setting. So no need to be a douche about it, in fact I love the game, best cricket game Ive ever played. Just disappointing that the bugs weren't fixed. So relax...jeebus.

Meh, I'm keeping my hopes down and playing down this game as much as possible. I'm still going to get this game, and I'll enjoy it tons, but getting worked up about it now will just make me impatient and make the game feel like it didn't live up to expectations.

Thats why I am sticking to the experience I had playing the demo rather than other peoples views. Somethings people picked up on in the demo I didnt even notice so its all about your own experience with the game rather than someone elses!!!

Wow transmission, u need to realise that you will never please some of these guys!
Your first attempt and already one of the better cricket games!
But really people expected perfection!
If you read this thread your never go and buy it.Please people take the positives try your best to enjoy rather than moan, constructive critism!

After all its as GAME, and im sure efforts will be made into the next one to improve maybe even a patch for this. But slag them off be completely negative and they may just drop it all together!

Simple fact is some people in this thread will NEVER ever be happy! untill they have a virtual simulator!!

Come on guys im with you there are bugs and faults but also positives in this game that no other game has had!!

I heard somebody moan about the 3rd umpire 4 times! BOTHERED!! if it out its out if not its not... the red and green light do not change the game that much!!!

Your sounding like a bit of a fanboy there!:p

listen, the game has good points and is a great 1st effort BUT the really poor bugs should have been taken out, thats just poor testing/implementation.

I agree that some peoples 'bugs' are just too picky

well in a odi 50 over match i just got new zealand all out for 206 from 24 overs.

5 of the last wickets were run outs where they hit the ball into deep for a single then went for another before cancelling and it being too late, dissapointing end to the match

I would call 5 run outs a negative that has the potential to out weigh the positives

No need to be snotty dude, really unnecessary. Im not getting the game on PC because my laptop can only run it on lowest setting. So no need to be a douche about it, in fact I love the game, best cricket game Ive ever played. Just disappointing that the bugs weren't fixed. So relax...jeebus.

It appears sadly that for some people this game is their life!... im with you mate its much better than others.. however others seem to love to pick ther bones out of it!

If they dont like it,.. take it back!

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Your sounding like a bit of a fanboy there!

listen, the game has good points and is a great 1st effort BUT the really poor bugs should have been taken out, thats just poor testing/implementation.

I agree that some peoples 'bugs' are just too picky

Lol im first to admit there are some very strange annoying bugs.... but people seem to be going mental over it lol.... ill hope for a patch if not make do... im just happy that a cricket game has been realeased!!

No fan boy... but some of these guys are getting depressed over a game!!

Users who are viewing this thread