Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

That inswinger, was it to an opener or tailender

Was to Mr Haddin...

As for the pitches.. they do play a part!! day 4 was turning!! Hard gets some good nicks etc!

Apologies mis read ur question... u dont get much info.. i suppose ur own cricketing knowledge helps u.. if its hard bat first... green bowl first! u know the score lol!

can someone tell me if the ball wears down to 75% in limited overs matched. If so at what over in ODI and 2020s.

It would be a shame if we could not reverse the ball in ODIs

Excellent first post (I haven't seen you around before). You're right - cricket is far too complicated to ever have a completely accurate videogame rendition of the sport, but from what I've heard and played, this is easily the closest we've ever come to it as yet. For example, if the AI bombs along at 10 runs per over, so what? You'll probably also bomb along at 10 runs an over! It's good, competitive cricket, just with run-rates that are maybe a bit too high. As long as every ball doesn't disappear for six like with BLIC 2007, it doesn't matter.

For me, I want this game to be hugely successful and I want Transmission to stand by their game, because it is worth it, and deliver patches to iron out certain unacceptable problems (it has to be said), such as medium fast bowlers not being able to break 80mph, the borked edges (in the demo, at least) and the awful runout bug as seen in the demo (although many say it has been improved in the game).

Which format are you getting it on? I have preordered it on PC and am expecting it Friday morning. Just in time for the Test, as it happens. :)

agree with most of what you've both said , but there is no excuse for getting players bowling speeds wrong , and the run out bug should never get past testing .....

basically what im saying is the things they seem to have got wrong are the things they should of got right......

still a great base for what in a year or so with some more licenses will be a cracking cricket game for us all ......

Just wondering can we play other test series at all? I mean not just a single test but a series with other teams except for england and aus? I played the PC demo and in the menu all it had was Ashes 2009, test match, odi and 20 20.

can someone tell me if the ball wears down to 75% in limited overs matched. If so at what over in ODI and 2020s.

I did it once... and this was after it was smashed around a bit.. which is good realism!... but i suppose u dont reli get much reverse with the white ball! especiall as these days the ball is changed in the 34 over or so!

Off to bed the fingers are aching lo!!

hope i have been of some help!
feel free to private message me with any questions!
The game is fun... its worth getting into and exploring the more u play the more incidents u will encounter and think dam that was life like!
Could be the start of something v good!

Was to Mr Haddin...

As for the pitches.. they do play a part!! day 4 was turning!! Hard gets some good nicks etc!

Apologies mis read ur question... u dont get much info.. i suppose ur own cricketing knowledge helps u.. if its hard bat first... green bowl first! u know the score lol!

As long as they tell you/show you what the pitch is doing, then my cricket knowledge will see me right. They didn't show/tell you in the demo, so I was a bit concerned.

I did it once... and this was after it was smashed around a bit.. which is good realism!... but i suppose u dont reli get much reverse with the white ball! especiall as these days the ball is changed in the 34 over or so!

Off to bed the fingers are aching lo!!

hope i have been of some help!
feel free to private message me with any questions!
The game is fun... its worth getting into and exploring the more u play the more incidents u will encounter and think dam that was life like!
Could be the start of something v good!

It all looks very good. Now, if they'd only have the decency to release the damn PC version! All other versions are in stock apart from the PC!

You do but it doesn't reverse swing that much in a ODI around about 37-40 overs

Last edited:
Hello mate well i can only go on what iv experience so heres some info for u!

Played 1 test 2 one dayers and half a test loL!

Iv had nicks to slips and keeper.... stumped... chopped onto stumps... iv bowled the comp although this is hard to do... and a few lbw's one inswinging beauty which the batter chose to leave!!:happy

Oh and a couple regulation catches in deep in odi and catches at point and covers!

Nice one! Cheers mate - can't wait to get stuck into this on Friday

sorry if this has been asked before. and i really dont need to ask it (considering i will have the game in about 1 hour, probs wont be able to play it for a couple since i need to help a mate with his network, i hope he doesnt want to rewire it all cause then one of us will have to get in the roof but that is offtopic lol) but i have been dieing to know about the player customization/ creation. because i will no doubt insert my self into the australian team as a bowling allrounder and drop hilfenhaus (seeing as i am a swingbolwer in real life haha seems a good trade)

so if anyone can let me know how the player creation is i would appreciate it alot
if not i will find out later today

ps cheers for all the running commentary for the guys doing so. :clap
so excited lol:D

Hope someone on the PS3 can upload a game save file with all the real player names and stats!

Most have said that the player creation is minimal. There are 40 odd pre set faces and 3 skin tones to choose from. You can put yourself in a squad though so you could easily replace Hilfy (probably should drop Siddle though ;))

im staying on hear because im amazed as you know i bowled australia out for 100 now im batting and after 15 overs im 56/4 i dunno if its me being tired or its the conditions but they keep finding my edge cook and prior are in atm

Most have said that the player creation is minimal. There are 40 odd pre set faces and 3 skin tones to choose from. You can put yourself in a squad though so you could easily replace Hilfy (probably should drop Siddle though ;))

na i want to bowl some wicked bouncers with siddle... and i will do the job that hilfy does... but we shall see i guess. sucks the creation is poo. but its better than nothing i guess lol

Users who are viewing this thread