Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Just called JB Hi Fi in city on above number and was confirmed that they have got the pc version today. i myself have a xbox 360 so all you guys with pc have fun. :banana2

They dont have xbox 360 yet and will be out next thursday.

Sorry alioz. I just called them and they said that they aren't selling it til the 13th. He didn't know specifically if they actually had it delivered or not but no dice.

Where you speaking to Darren? I just spoke to him then lol. No dice :(

I'm talking about the PC version.

Tell her to get back in the kitchen damn it.

Then proceed to cover the groin area.

Actually you can wear a box (guard) there from your cricket kit.. If she does enquire then say that you are playing a cricket game on Hard level :rtfl

Or force her onto it.

Guys, the Prahan JB Hi Fi seems to be the best bet. 9521 4166

I've been told by a girl and guy that the PC version is expected today and I have them both calling me back when/if it gets in (one on mobile, one on home phone haha). To be honest, I'm not expecting much but if I get the call, I'll be on this thread in a flash.

Perhaps you guys should also call just to check it out, maybe after 2. They apparently get deliveries all day long and not at set times and they are open until 9 tonight.

I'm not sure about the 360 version.

I'd love to hear more reports from the Aussie PS3 owners.

Wow transmission, u need to realise that you will never please some of these guys!
Your first attempt and already one of the better cricket games!
But really people expected perfection!
If you read this thread your never go and buy it.Please people take the positives try your best to enjoy rather than moan, constructive critism!

After all its as GAME, and im sure efforts will be made into the next one to improve maybe even a patch for this. But slag them off be completely negative and they may just drop it all together!

Simple fact is some people in this thread will NEVER ever be happy! untill they have a virtual simulator!!

Come on guys im with you there are bugs and faults but also positives in this game that no other game has had!!

I heard somebody moan about the 3rd umpire 4 times! BOTHERED!! if it out its out if not its not... the red and green light do not change the game that much!!!

Wow man look,people are criticizing because the bugs present in this game can be easily avoided by codies.Even EA's crap games was free from stupid runouts.People complaining about bowler speeds since BLIC2005 and Transmission said they would correct the issue in the full version and still it's present there.These little avoidable bugs will affect gaming experience more than you think.After all what's wrong with pointing out the flaws in the game.It's actually transmission's fault to release the game with these easily fixable bugs.I think they got enough time to fix this errors after the playtest.I wonder what the heck their testers are actually doing while testing this game.

Sorry alioz. I just called them and they said that they aren't selling it til the 13th. He didn't know specifically if they actually had it delivered or not but no dice.

Where you speaking to Darren? I just spoke to him then lol. No dice :(

I'm talking about the PC version.

i actually spoke to a chick in there "software department" who actually put me on hold to check if theh have got the boxes and then got back and said yes we have got the delivery. i didnt ask if i can buy it today as i have a xbox. thats all...sorry if i got your hopes high as i know i would not be happy aswell. :noway

Just edit the bowlers to be fast instead of fast-medium. That works for all but the Aussie and English teams and the Aussie team is pretty much okay anyway. A PC made editor for the computer version will come out anyway.

whiteninness added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

i actually spoke to a chick in there "software department" who actually put me on hold to check if theh have got the boxes and then got back and said yes we have got the delivery. i didnt ask if i can buy it today as i have a xbox. thats all...sorry if i got your hopes high as i know i would not be happy aswell. :noway

Ahh okay. Cheers mate. That's okay news though if there are actual boxes of it there. The place I'm working on is at Prahan so I'm hoping that they get a delivery shortly later and it seems like they don't know that they aren't allowed to sell it until the 13th. I might just be able to sneak one out of them :D

just like 2 say brilliant job codies best cricket game yet by a mile got it about 10 this morning and decided to play an ODI before i get into the ashes lost the toss and was sent into the field started of well but then got smashed around the park south africa ended up being 280 all out from 35 or so overs they would have had a far more realistic run rate but i didnt realise till the 25 over that yellow is the best place to bowl i restricted them to about 5 runs an over after i realised that. i then got bowled over for about 80 runs my sexcuse is that i hadnt played the demo before so this was my first time then after deciding i needed batting practise i decided to play a test match against india i lost the toss but they put me into bat atm im on 5/54 of 17 overs and would be doing alot better but iv been run out 3 times due to the fact i keep pressing the dive button instead of the return to crease button the realism in the game is so good i had ponting cover driving the indians and when he hit about 2-3 cover drives in the space of two overs the indians put 4 men stopping the boundries silly me i tried to play a cover drive through the gap and played to ball to early and got caught the AI was brilliant another thing i noticed was it is alot easier to play spinners when you have a set batsmen i have phillip hughes in the crease who has 20 of about 40 balls and is playing the spinners quite comftably on the other hand i had north who i was triying to get singles but because he was new to the crease he scooped one up in the air another thing is alot of the slip catches are dropping short but its because of the slow and low pitch im playing on because when i was playing the south africans in an ODI i was playing them at the MCG and the edges were carriying quite easily im playing on hard mode right now. its great how you have to keep your concentration in this game.

have you had a lot of AI run outs?

also what system are you on?

just like 2 say brilliant job codies best cricket game yet by a mile got it about 10 this morning and decided to play an ODI before i get into the ashes lost the toss and was sent into the field started of well but then got smashed around the park south africa ended up being 280 all out from 35 or so overs they would have had a far more realistic run rate but i didnt realise till the 25 over that yellow is the best place to bowl i restricted them to about 5 runs an over after i realised that. i then got bowled over for about 80 runs my sexcuse is that i hadnt played the demo before so this was my first time then after deciding i needed batting practise i decided to play a test match against india i lost the toss but they put me into bat atm im on 5/54 of 17 overs and would be doing alot better but iv been run out 3 times due to the fact i keep pressing the dive button instead of the return to crease button the realism in the game is so good i had ponting cover driving the indians and when he hit about 2-3 cover drives in the space of two overs the indians put 4 men stopping the boundries silly me i tried to play a cover drive through the gap and played to ball to early and got caught the AI was brilliant another thing i noticed was it is alot easier to play spinners when you have a set batsmen i have phillip hughes in the crease who has 20 of about 40 balls and is playing the spinners quite comftably on the other hand i had north who i was triying to get singles but because he was new to the crease he scooped one up in the air another thing is alot of the slip catches are dropping short but its because of the slow and low pitch im playing on because when i was playing the south africans in an ODI i was playing them at the MCG and the edges were carriying quite easily im playing on hard mode right now. its great how you have to keep your concentration in this game.

Holy crap, ever heard of punctuation?

when the AI was batting in the ODI match i had against SA there was one run out and one stumping and when i am batting iv had 3 run outs but as i said its only because im pressing the wrong button to return to my crease

I think that you'll find Hmarka that everyone is on PS3, at least in Australia. If I hear otherwise, I'll be greatly interested.

Absolute gold alioz. I called up that JB store in the city again and asked for "software" instead of "games" this time. I said "I was told that you've received your copies of Ashes Cricket 2009 on the PC" to which he said "I don't know who keeps telling people this but it's not true" and he hung up.

Classic!

Users who are viewing this thread