Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Ok. I will ask the question again.

Is the player stats updating properly after each match or its updating some random numbers?

The_gas, wealey88, jazz or someone can answer?

I doubt they'll patch it as well. I think the patch will be in the form of the next version of the game and it will fix a lot of the bugs but introduce a new batch. This is the process. They dare not deliver a perfect game otherwise there wouldn't be as much reason to buy the next iteration. Sad really.

About the runout bug, Wealey88 had a good idea. Save often, so that if you do see the runout bug, all you have to do is reload! I know it's not perfect, but it'll do me until Transmission patch it.

That's what I plan to do :)

Ok i am bowling.

If you can stick most deliveries on where the game decides is 'ideal length' then they will score slowly. The problem is you cannot stray from the minute area of the pitch or they will just hammer you. Its quickly getting boring bowling in the exact same place every delivery. :doh

End of my first innings v Aus on Hard. Batting is too easy, especially with tail enders in test matches.

I also included a picture of a day 2 pitch at cardiff, notice how cracks have appeared.

Gas good to see you got your new gear and the game working, a question though as the cracks appear do they make a difference when bowling, or are they just for visuals? Hope its not the later.

Lol just had a mental game online

was 20/20 i was SA vs Aus, battng first i make 140 thinking will this be good enough.

First over with Dave Stern (LOL) i take 5 wickets and hes 0/5. I end up winning the game and bowling him out for 35

With this i got a bunch of hard trophies, such as hat trick, top hat trick and demolition with the ball

This game is great online :) Shame AI Blows.

I dont want to hear another word of complaint about AI when I look at the test score and England are 72/5 at Lunch!!!:facepalm

Where the **** is Englands "AI":doh:doh:doh

Just loaded an ODi I'm mid-way through. England vs Australia. I won the toss and chose to bat first. Started very well, with Strauss and Bopara putting on 99 for the first wicket. Ravi was the first to go, caught on the mid-wicket boundary trying to go big. Prior came in at 3 and was caught on the pull off Watson. Then Hauritz came in and did for Strauss immediately, he made 70 from 56 balls. Then Shah went first ball caught behind off Hauritz once more. Since then I've regrouped with KP and Collingwood, and am currently 220/4 off 36.1 overs. Pietersen's 61* with Collingwood 27*. Been a really good match so far.

sorry if this has already been answered.....is everyone generally pleased with this new cricket game?

played for about 1hr this morning before work
played ashes on hard , first up put australia into bat only bowled 33 overs and have them 166 for 9 :crying
i hope this is going to get better,
the ai is a bit of a worry :mad:

on the plus side had a great 20/20 online last night i lost but just a good game :D

After watching england this morning i think they got the ai spot on know :doh

About the runout bug, Wealey88 had a good idea. Save often, so that if you do see the runout bug, all you have to do is reload! I know it's not perfect, but it'll do me until Transmission patch it.

I've not laughed so hard at a post in a long time. How is it a good idea? The bug is still there, it's just daft and shows how diabolically tested this game was.

Users who are viewing this thread