Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

It might just be him, I'm not going to call adthomp a lier, he's been here years and I respect him greatly for the work he did on C07.

I've got the Xbox version, and the AI runs all day. :)

You have the Xbox 360 version...

I've had them hit balls down to long on and not take any run, let alone the 3 that was on. It seems random. My own personal view is that they tried to fix the run out bug (as it is a lot better than it was in the demo), but have created this issue by doing so.

...and you have the PC version. Is there a tiny possibility that the PC has some bugs the Xbox doesn't??

@DarkBoyBlunder: You're needed.

No, I have the PS3 version. I suppose technically, all 3 versions are different games, due to different development methods on differing platforms?

No, I have the PS3 version. I suppose technically, all 3 versions are different games, due to different development methods on differing platforms?

Oh, I thought you had the PC version.

Hmm...that doesn't sound too encouraging. Maybe we need different threads for each version in that case?

Ok so ive had the game 24 hours and have played 2 full matches 1 50 over ODI and 1 Test match, both on Normal level.

Negatives

The Run Out Glitch in both formats Australlia had 4 run outs overall, 3 of them were caused from them running when the ball was in the air.

AI in test matchs Australlias middle order in the second innings they got the run rate up to 10 an over and were slogging at everything despite being 20/3

Why can only Flintoff and Mitchell Johnson bowl fast yet Anderson, Broad, Siddle etc bowl in the low 70's?

So many No Balls!!!

About 1 in every 5 knicks carries to the slips

Ive also had one bug where the australian fielder just ran around the ball in the field without ever picking it up, I ran 5 then the game just skipped to the next ball.

Positives

The ODI was fairly realistic I scored 304 off 50 overs which is fairly high but I was playing bangladesh on Normal. Bangledesh scored 222 all out in reply.

Catching is pretty good, a big plus

Can anyone confirm my negatives still appear on Hard level?

Overall im not convinced this is worth the ?40, I'll give it more time as there is potential but I wouldnt be suprised if im taking this back in a weeks time.

I have been seeing the ai leg glance balls wide of off stump. :doh

That is annoying happens all the time you get the ball just short of a length outside offstump, pretty much a delivery its nearly impossible to score off and they constantly Pietersen style whip it legside.

That is annoying happens all the time you get the ball just short of a length outside offstump, pretty much a delivery its nearly impossible to score off and they constantly Pietersen style whip it legside.

Yeah its frustrating. After they do that, bowl fullish on the legside and watch them cut it through point. :laugh

I can't work this out.

Normally the AI bat so aggressively it's beyond a joke (Hard mode)

I just posted 212 in my first innings against the Aussies at Cardiff.

They have come into bat and after 12 overs they are 23/1 :eek:

Jimmy Anderson has bowled six maidens on the trot.

Freddie is 22-1 off 5 overs and Broad is 1-1 off of 1 over.

Phil Hughes is 12 off of 37 balls and Katich was 9 off of 37 before getting out playing an unexpected and rash cover drive which went straight to my fielder.

This is most strange, yet realistic :)

I can't work this out.

Normally the AI bat so aggressively it's beyond a joke (Hard mode)

I just posted 212 in my first innings against the Aussies at Cardiff.

They have come into bat and after 12 overs they are 23/1 :eek:

Jimmy Anderson has bowled six maidens on the trot.

Freddie is 22-1 off 5 overs and Broad is 1-1 off of 1 over.

Phil Hughes is 12 off of 37 balls and Katich was 9 off of 37 before getting out playing an unexpected and rash cover drive which went straight to my fielder.

This is most strange, yet realistic :)

That's just weird...

There should be some patch hopefully. thats the hint DarkBoyBlunder has given. We got to think optimistic :D as we were thinking about Bugs getting fixed in final build when demo was released.

:facepalm This game really confuses me! Sometimes its can be all over the place. Just played a full ODI Aus v SA and then the game shows what it can do!!

South Africa (AI) 222 all out after 49.3 overs
Australia 223-8 after 42.4 overs

Aus were 99-6 untill Johson joined Watson and both ticked the scorecard over to reach 100 partnership (unlocked Columbo) lol!

Watson goes for 49 and the tailenders stay with Johnson to see Aus home with Johnson 72 not out!

Now i had LOADS of fun in this game. Was a challenge and very enjoyable!

The AI attacked every now and then and continued to go at 5 an over.. blocking then hitting out when they felt like it.

Again the offspinner reeks havoc! Hauritz this is... Now, he went at 5 an over but picked up 4 wickets! To be honest, 2 were caught at long on with Smith (72) attacking late on and Kallis (9 off 32 balls) having a total mere!

Other 2 were stumped and bowled! I also have yet to see the AI run down the pitch at me!

Once again choosing not to throw at an end seems to eliminate the run outs for me. The SA batsmen just getting in.

With the attempt to fix this bug, i think i saw Sureshot say they refuse 1's down to long on etc!

Crazy as this may seem it is correct, Spinner on long on and long off back 6 shots down there and only 3 singles taken?! Could have been 6 comfy singles!!!

I have also noticed that when you set a custom field the AI forget to bat and leave/defend everything.

However when i reverted back to a dafault field they once again began to push the ball around looking far more comfortable!

One thing i did notice, which may have been coinsidence (apologies for spelling) was when Smith was in and set on 60 odd, when he was left with the tail he decided to tea off! Resulting in a flurry of 4's and couple of 6's boosting SA from 200 to 221! Now it seemed like he new Parnell was not going to hang around for too long!

There are certain custom fields you can set that completely stuff the AI!

:D Good game though! lol im trying to really play the game hard and see what works and what doesn.

IF transmission did pop up with a patch it would be such a good move from them as this game is a few tweaks away from being very enjoyable.. sadly the few tweaks that need fixing can really ruin it for some people. Which i can understand completely!

Onto another test to see what happens!!;)

Ok, we don't need a commentary on who is or isn't watching the thread. I'm 99% sure that the guys at Transmission (and Codies) are reading most of what is posted here (even if they're not logged in).
The AI goes mad and slogs can ruin the test experience somewhat. This and the runout bug are summed up by the scorecard.
However the other two show good variety from the AI bowlers and a great lbw I got to a lefthander swinging it in.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-08 14-50-59-51.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-08 14-50-59-51.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-08 15-03-10-07.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-08 15-03-10-07.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-08 15-18-51-46.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-08 15-18-51-46.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread