Rugby Union

jazz

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
aussie1st said:
That ABs team was more than capable of beating the Boks, infact it was better than the previous weeks one. You guys had Hayman and Mauger back. It was the same old story for the ABs, their lineout problems.

i think you can cut the team some slack after we had already won the tri nations before even playing the matches in south africa

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
They did have that unbeaten record to play for. But fair point, these matches are basically friendly. Let's see how they go in World Cup year, cause if they are just saying what you have said then they will not win the World Cup.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
aussie1st said:
They did have that unbeaten record to play for. But fair point, these matches are basically friendly. Let's see how they go in World Cup year, cause if they are just saying what you have said then they will not win the World Cup.

world cup is a different matter im sure they will be focused for every game

BlackCapForLife

School Cricketer
Rodney So'oialo (excuse my spelling) killed it for us, gave away so many points otherwise we would have beaten the Boks.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
None more than that silly penalty right in front of the ref with a few minutes to go. Can't believe he did that.

kookaburra69

International Coach
BlackCapForLife said:
Rodney So'oialo (excuse my spelling) killed it for us, gave away so many points otherwise we would have beaten the Boks.

well he is prone to give away silly penilties just like jerry collins and ali williams they all have a bit of an anger issue:)

MWaugh

International Coach
off the international topic but in australia we will apparently hear tomorrow wether the new national club rugby competition comes to fruition. i would like to see it happen, however the costs involved in flying club teams around australia and putting on games that will attract relatively small crowds is going to put a strain on many clubs involved. apparently 3 big clubs in the sydney area are looking to join together for the competition

James219

International Cricketer
MWaugh said:
off the international topic but in australia we will apparently hear tomorrow wether the new national club rugby competition comes to fruition. i would like to see it happen, however the costs involved in flying club teams around australia and putting on games that will attract relatively small crowds is going to put a strain on many clubs involved. apparently 3 big clubs in the sydney area are looking to join together for the competition

Gosh, I hope it doesn't.....over a century of tradition down the drain. I realise it's a ploy aiming to narrow the gap between Super 14 and grade rugby, but I doubt it'd work, and it deprives high quality exposure to emerging talents. Who'd go? Randwick, Sydney Uni, Eastern Suburbs, Eastwood...?

kookaburra69

International Coach
i have always wondered this
does australia have a provincial competition like the npc in new zealand?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The APC has been given the go ahead, about time I say. Sydney should be able to have their grade rugby, that can be the 4th tier comp. We have too much talent that don't get to show what they got and then get stuck playing behind regular Super 14 players.

Here is a sum up of the comp I found.

NATIONAL RUGBY COMPETITION

■ Proposed kick-off first week August, 2007.

■ Eight teams (3 NSW, 2 QLD, 1 ACT, 1 WA, 1 VIC).

■ 35 matches, comprising one full round, one extra local derby match, semi-finals and final.

■ Cost $7.6m over four years.

■ Sponsors and broadcasters still to be confirmed.

■ NSW teams to include Sydney, western Sydney and Central Coast.

■ Friday night and Sunday matches included.

■ Sydney first-grade club rugby to end late July.

http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/n...ven-green-light/2006/09/06/1157222201945.html

James219

International Cricketer
aussie1st said:
The APC has been given the go ahead, about time I say. Sydney should be able to have their grade rugby, that can be the 4th tier comp. We have too much talent that don't get to show what they got and then get stuck playing behind regular Super 14 players.

Well, that doesn't REALLY happen anyway....first grade rugby is already of a very high standard, and by blooding only a few choice clubs in this new national thing, much of the young talent'll go unseen and will be matched against poorer opposition, I guess.
I see none of the existing grade clubs are moving, too, just newly established ones..
By the way, kookaburra, we don't have a provincial tournament, but this will assume the role of one.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
It works in NZ anyway, they have brought some new teams in and my God they have some good talent coming through that most of the public wouldn't have seen had it not being for their new comp. Players that miss out in Sydney can always move to other parts of the country.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yet another loss for the Wallabies in SA. They just can't get their act together over there plus it seems our attack didn't click after 6 games, thats a bit worrying.

obelisk

School Cricketer
I thought the boks would win, they have a pretty good team now. The best part was du Preez's try when Palu got fended

James219

International Cricketer
I hear it was a scrappy affair from both parties....anyway, good to see SA conclude with a bang- it could've been a very different tournament for the Boks had the scheduling been managed better, not to mention if injuries were on their side.

Users who are viewing this thread