Scape goats?

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's what I can't believe either. Hilfy looks like a medium pacer, but he is more than 2 yards quicker than any of our Indian bowlers (Like Zaheer, usually operates in the 135-zone) who looks quicker with the naked eye.

Hilfenhaus is Australia's best bowler ATM, I can't believe he didn't get a go sooner.
Once he's out of England he'll be made to look ordinary.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That's what I can't believe either. Hilfy looks like a medium pacer, but he is more than 2 yards quicker than any of our Indian bowlers (Like Zaheer, usually operates in the 135-zone) who looks quicker with the naked eye.

Sharma can match it for pace with our bowlers. Hes usually in the 145 zone.
Siddle went over the 150 last test but for some reason he keeps dropping to below 140km/h. Hes very inconsistent at the moment, but if he gets his stuff together he will be ideal for flat pitches. I think Hilfenhaus touched the 150km/h mark for the odd delivery, I have seen him bowl a 148km/h before but his delivery isn't fast like a Lee or Ahktar.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hilfy definately bowls 150kmh even though it doesn't look like it. His challenge now is to still be dangerous in australia as well.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I don't think Australia would be a problem, as he'll get sufficient swing plus movement off the deck. Sri Lanka/India/Pakistan will be his real test.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Hilfy I think got slower as the series went on, he's a workhorse but still human. Siddle got quicker, one ball near the end was about 97 mph.

Users who are viewing this thread