Story Sharjah Cup FINAL - India VS Pakistan

Who do you think will win the Sharjah Cup?

• Total voters
Sorry for no update since last two days because I was gone to San Francisco with my friends to enjoy my christmas vacations. I have to admit that it is one of the most beautiful city of calis=fornia. But now I am back and will update the story soon. Looks like a lot of new stories started in my absence. But thanks for your patience guys and waitfor the next update.

With the required rate going sky high, Australian batsmen started playing too many risky shots and lost a hell lot of wickets in quick time. Naved ul Hasan was at his best and picked up three important wickets of Australian middle order. Pakistan fielding was also today way more superior then Australian batsmen running as they obtained two run outs. All of the middle order batsmen failed to score for Aussies and now Hodges remain there only hope as Pakistan is cruising towards win and their place in the final.

16bg.png

24sh.png

Bracken soon departed with another brilliant run out from pakistani feilders as Australia looked to struggle with loosing 8 wickets and still had more then 70 runs to chase. But then came Lee on the crease and Afridi on the bowling attack and his one over changed the momentum of the match completely in Australia's favor. Lee smashed 3 fours and 2 sixes in Afridi's one over to take past Australia 250 mark and now they need only 27 runs from 4 overs. Afridi gave away 32 runs in his only 2 overs. The task now looks easilly accessible for Aussies as Hodges and Lee are looking in great form with the bat.

15be.png

25xn.png

sachinisgod aare watching the same game aus need 27 runs to win at almost 7 runs an over with two wickets remaining !

Razzaq's one over destroyed Australia as he got the last two wickets and took Pakistan into the final where they will face India for the Sharjah Cup. It was a bad luck for Australia as they lost after coming so close to defeat Pakistan.

13mg.png

21vn.png

Naved - ul - Hasan was awarded the Man of the Match award for getting three important wickets of Australian middle and top order.

0597781mu.jpg

At last we got the two finalist teams for Sharjah Cup and it will be none other then two arch rivals India and Pakistan who will once again face each other on the beautiful Sharjah Cricket Ground for the Sharjah Cup.

samsung8qz.png

Finally all the cricket fans got the match they wanted to see in the finals of Sharjah Cup i.e. India vs Pakistan where these two teams will try to add another historic match to their golden collection of memorable matches. The excitement and tension will be at highest when these two teams clashes and only the team which will be able to handle the pressure in a better way will come out on top.

flags5dc.png

Indian team has done very well on this tour so far. After losing to Pakistan in the first league match, india came back strongly to win comprehensively against Australia and Pakistan and entered the final with high confidence. Its batsmen are in excellent form which are scoring runs consistently with some good support from its spinners. The medium-pacers inability to pick early wickets has created some problem for India but in likes of Pathan, Zaheer and R P Singh, this problem will be gone soon.

Pakistan team on the other hand has always been a dominant force in Sharjah under the huge amount of support they get from the local crowd. pakistan has won many memorable matches here and they will be looking to repeat the history once again. Pakistan after starting with a win over India seamed to loose track by loosing two straight matches but now they are again at top of their game with a comprehensive win over Australia that led to its way into the final.

pakistanvsindia20058lf.jpg

So the both teams are set for an exciting clash on 28th December 2005 which will be the last match of the year 2005. Don't go anywhere as we go more into pre-match analysis of the two teams.

We got hold of Virender Sehwag while he was leaving after a practise session just one day before the final match. Here is what we talked about:

sehwag9rh.jpg

Me: Hello viru! How was your practise?
VS: hi Ashu. It was quiet good and I was timing the ball very well.

Me: Thats good. But you had a quiet tournament so far, very unusual.
VS: ;) , yeah it hasnt been a good time for me lately as I got out playing some rash shots after being well set. I need to play with little bit more concentration and focus and you will once again see runs flowing through my bat.

Me: Do you intend to change your batting style because most of the people agree that you takes too much risk earlier in your inning which results in playinf those rash shots and you gift away your wicket?
VS: I dont think there is any need to change my style and technique because Chappell and Dravid have alwas asked me to play my natural gam and that is what I always try to do. But truly I need to control my aggression and use it in right way so that I can play longer innings and score more.

Me: In your last match against pakistan, you bowled in death overs and won the match for India. Were you nervous when Drvid gave you the ball?
VS: There was definitely some pressure as it was a close match and any team could have won but the captain had full faith in y bowling and I think I proved he was not wrong. There was no pressure for me bowling in the last over.

Me: After that match, are you doing some practise for bowling and are we going to see you more bowling in future matches?
VS: I am not doing any special practise for bowling and concentrating only on my batting. And it is completely captain's and coach's decision to see if I should bowl more or not. They know what is best in team's interest and I will fully go with their decision.

Me: Is there kind of any pressure while playing against Pakistan?
VS: There is always some pressure playing in a big tournament final and with Pakistan as the opposite team, there definitely is more pressure.

Me: Thanks viru, it was great talking to you and Good Luck for Sharjah Cup fianl match. Whole India will be hoping for a good show from our team.
VS: Thanks Ashu, we will try our best to win and all our fans wont be disappointed after the match is finished.

Users who are viewing this thread