sid_19840's Ultimate AI Patch(V3.0b released)

What do u think abt the latest version v3.0B of the patch?

• Total voters
Latest news for next version(v2.0)

1)Three different ai's for begginers intermediates and experts varying according to ease of shotplay,cpu agression,fields,and general difficulty level.

2)More cpu chasing and batting first pacing files(use the pacing file that you would want to use when cpu bats first according to your ability to chase or challenge yourself.)

3)Fields for odi and tests complete and in xml format

Meanwhile i want a few things sorted,can u pl explain the problem the cpu faces when bowling short deliveries in detail and also explain in detail the problem cpu seems to have while batting against spinners.I would like a detailed explanation as it will help me in sorting the problem.Thanks.

Siddharth

sid_19840 said:
Latest news for next version(v2.0)

Meanwhile i want a few things sorted,can u pl explain the problem the cpu faces when bowling short deliveries in detail and also explain in detail the problem cpu seems to have while batting against spinners.I would like a detailed explanation as it will help me in sorting the problem.Thanks.

Siddharth

The CPU facing spinners problem is that, when the spinners bowl anywhere from middle stump to leg stump, the CPU has only shot in store - the drive to mid on! And the fielder positioned there always picks up the ball resulting in no runs. This way, you can tie the CPU for 0 runs off all the overs bowled by the spinners which is unrealistic because in real life, CPU tries different shots to keep the scoreboard ticking but here the CPU just plays the same shot again and again to the same person with no runs!!

This happens whatever delivery is bowled by the spinner. The ball should be really wide of the off stump for the CPU to reach out and play a run scoring shot!

V1.3Beta released,big boost for all bowlers,look at the first page of the thread for all the info.

Siddharth

hey Sid, so the problem of the CPU scoring way too slowly in the test matches is somewhat fixed?

Good work Ultimate

You should also increase the edges in hard mode so a miss time shot can took the edge for catch etc.

thanks hero

but this is just an experimental thing.What i want to know frm everyone is that for challenging gameplay do u want

1)Bowling cursor very large

2)Bowling cursor as in v1.3 beta

3)Bowling cursor invisible,

Let me know abt it.

Siddharth

If you have invisible bowling cursor, controlling bowling line would be impossible!The current tiny cursor looks pretty good though. Anything smaller than that would make it tough as hell. Tried your beta patch and found that the CPU was being made to bat a bit more aggressively.

Also I got many bat pad catches at close in!

saisrini80 said:
If you have invisible bowling cursor, controlling bowling line would be impossible!

No it isn't. I only ever bowl with the cursor switched off and it makes bowling far more enjoyable for me. The cursor always starts in the same place so with practice you get a feel as to how to get the cursor in a certain position

Far more challenging that with a cursor showing

how 2 apply ur fields?

hey sid
how 2 apply ur fielding settings? just extect 2 cricket2005 folder?

I have changed fields to xml format as it is easier,so pl download from the attachment,just copy these xml files to c2005 folder.And pl let me know if it works properly.
Can someone test them for me,pls.

zim-ya im seriously thinking of removing the cursor for advanced ai for the next version(there will be 3 different ai's according to your choice of diff.).

Reddevil-Copy these xml files and let me know abt the fields.

Siddharth

Attachments

• fields(xml).zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
zimrahil said:
No it isn't. I only ever bowl with the cursor switched off and it makes bowling far more enjoyable for me. The cursor always starts in the same place so with practice you get a feel as to how to get the cursor in a certain position

Far more challenging that with a cursor showing

Thanks for enlightening me Zim! May be I should try that!

Siddharth, I'd like to thank you for putting so much hard work and dedication into your patch development.

I have tried the other patches that are available on here, but for me, yours is the best patch- it has made batting very enjoyable. I have downloaded your 1.2 version today. I'm now enjoying the game more than BLIC 2005 (which is a little too 'arcadey' for my liking).

Keep up the good work- the bowling seems great to me also- and I am using your xml-based fields. The patch is good in both Test Matches and ODI's. I don't use the 'six' button, and score about 3 to 4 runs per over in a test match.

Thanks again- I was so frustated with the batting prior to using your patch- I was on the verge of uninstalling the game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread