South Africa in Australia

Stefan 99 said:
SA has more expierence at this game than aus . That should count in our favour. SA has had 2 domestic competitions of pro 20 while in aus they have only started a competition this month if my info is correct. But from the withdrawals it seems both teams are disrespecting this form of the game. I hope both teams picks up injuries for their slack attitude. I am sure the paying public wants to see their heroes in action.

I think Aus having played 2 international games has the experience. None of the current Aus players would play the domestic 20/20 anyway as most are in the VB series.

Aus will have the batting side of things sorted as most of the current members have played in those 2 internationals but bowling is not so experienced.

aussie1st said:
I think Aus having played 2 international games has the experience. None of the current Aus players would play the domestic 20/20 anyway as most are in the VB series.

Aus will have the batting side of things sorted as most of the current members have played in those 2 internationals but bowling is not so experienced.

The Sa player's have played about 10 domestic 20/20 games and 1 international 20/20. Some like Smith also played in England's 20/20 last year for their county sides.

Some Australian players have played the county T20 game as well. In fact, I think this is a key reason why Hussey was given the vice captaincy.

Simon Katich, Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds and Michael Clarke have T20 experience, omitted players such as Brad Hodge and Brad Hogg also have played a number of games.

Martyn on fire in the Twenty20! Opening the innings, he is on 32 off just 19 balls, 3 boundaries and two big ones...

Man if martyn hasnt earned a spot in either form of the game after this innings i will personally assasinaate the selectors :D

This is pretty bad. Martyn is caught on 96 runs. I would have like to see him getting his century. But this proves he didn't go for his century, but just went for bringing a larger total on the board.

WOW!!! This is great fun. Amazing stuff from Martyn and Symonds.

SA would of been in much better shape had they taken more catches. Just losing 3 wickets is a fantastic effort. Martyn looked in top form.

It was cool when they talked to Smith and the Players. Can't wait for the other half. Hopefully it will come down close.

Australia made 209-3. What an onslaught of Martyn and Symonds. Martyn 96 off 56 balls. Symonds 54 off 26 balls. But I am hugely impressed by Martyn. I didn't know he could hit like that.

aussie1st said:
Kallis won't be playing in this 20/20 due to his injury.
Probably not much of a blow as the Kallis I know isn't a very fast scorer and his bowling hasn't been the greatest.

Actually he played. I was surprised too when I saw his name on the team list today before the start of the match.

Looks like an Aussie win. It was great to watch and fun, thats the main thing.

SA didn't field or bowl as well as Australia have. They also didn't have the natural hitting batsmen but thats part of the selections and stuff.

Was cool though.

But once again the catches that South Africa dropped were crucial. And the problem is that South Africa started hitting too late.

Well and truly over. Marvellous work by Damien Martyn, managing to make even scoring that fast look simple. This is what I mean, when I say he is almost a waste at number 4, he has the ability to bat patiently and defensive, to score quickly and also to smash boundaries powerfully and boldly. I wonder the time has come to slot him in the opener's position for the 50 over game.

The dropped catches on South Africa's part were of little consequence, Martyn was a hefty blow, but he had already plundered substantially. They would have needed a further four wickets to have Australia bleeding and they would have to come cheap.
South Africa's trouble in their innings came it was time to start hitting out and instead they lost wickets. They were forced to play cautiously, but even then, they lost key wickets and in the end, the order was too unstable, losing wickets regularly trying to keep the runs flowing.

How bad was Marto's dropped catch though..lol. The lights must of got in his eyes because anyone could catch that drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread