South Africa in India

Seeing as they are 2020 matches, I'd expect most of them to be day/nighters, thus taking a lot of the possible heat out of the question!

India retain Jaffer instead of Gambhir, Akash Chopra
http://www.cricketnext.com/news/no-openings-for-chopra-gambhir-in-test-squad/30348-13-1.html

I expected this and I was worried about this thing in particular. So the Mumbai influence still remains. Wasim Jaffer has been proved to be a waste on pitches abroad and was a failure in Australia. Yet he is persisted. Now he will play on these pitches in India, get a few hundreds (probably a double hundred too) and it will seem as if he is the best ever Indian opener (until the next overseas test assignment).

Good on the selectors! Damn!

Well...why are you complaining? If he can make hundreds in India, then he should play !

Well,as he has pointed out-the Mumbai lobby remains-Big Time !
Jaffer should have been kicked out following his disastrous performance and I doubt Anil Kumble vouched for him :mad:

Gambhir and Chopra definately deserve their places instead of Jaffer-Sehwag !

omg, anyone but Jaffer is what I hoped for. But to be fair, Jaffer is in crazy form now, so as long as he doesn't fail, it's okay.

Damn, Ishant not playing :(

So this means these will be the bowlers.

8) Irfan Pathan
9) Anil Kumble
10) Harbhajan Singh
11) RP Singh

Damn, Ishant not playing :(

So this means these will be the bowlers.

8) Irfan Pathan
9) Anil Kumble
10) Harbhajan Singh
11) RP Singh

I would pick Sree over Irfan (if India play 4 bowlers). Sree is a much better test bowler than ODI bowler. He can try out different things in test matches coz its much less risky.

Well I wanted Ishant there..Anyway Who cares what I want..
But I think At least for First test We should have play with Ishant..
Well I don't think If India will play with 4 bowlers then Irfan will be first Choice..
Irfan won't be good Enough to help RP as a prime fast Bowler..
Interesting to see though..Team Combination..

Jaffer is in the 15,whether he'll play or not is the big question. Thats why they have Irfan in there-to open the batting.

Irfan to open against Mornie and Styen..Least thing Kumble can done..

Steyn and Morne will have problems in India -the ball will stay low.It is only the first halff hour that could trouble the batsmen.
I think the series would probably be 1-0 to either team [India hopefully].

Well I wanted Ishant there..Anyway Who cares what I want..
But I think At least for First test We should have play with Ishant..
Well I don't think If India will play with 4 bowlers then Irfan will be first Choice..
Irfan won't be good Enough to help RP as a prime fast Bowler..
Interesting to see though..Team Combination..
Ishant is injured otherwise he would be #1 choice, even on the flat Indian wickets, because he's got the pace.

Users who are viewing this thread