South Africa in India

I thought Sameer Dhige was quite good.
That is, before India could find a good 'keeper. He was shifted too early, was handy with the bat.

And I think P Patel is better in tests at least then Dhoni...
Because We are watching our players from different point of view..

I agree Badri has higher average in First class..you have used to prove that He deserve a go..So I say Parthiv has higher average???
But then He is not good Kepper????

I have seen Badri bat and believe you me Kaif > Badri. But who cares. Gambhir>>>>>Chopra>>>>>>>>Kaif>Badri.

Im not doing favouritism. Its simple truth. Gambhir and Chopra have been stars in FC games. Badri is much better than glamorised Tiwari and Kartick but he still has no place in side if we talk of Top 7 batters in India.
Gambhir and more so Chopra are not even in this equation because they are both openers. When you're selecting your national XI, you shouldn't be selecting the best 7 players in the country--you select the best player for each position. You can argue that Jaffer should be replaced by Chopra or Gambhir and I would have no problem. However, Badri is a middle order player, and hence he definitely should be in the equation.

:p :clap

Few seasons back Sridharan Sriram was blasting runs at will. Did that make him better batsman. I said this year my friend. If you wanna compare stats then Yuvi has worst FC record then anyone in current squad.
Badri has more centuries than Kaif in 50% fewer matches. I don't know how you put that down to one season.

I agree Badri has higher average in First class..you have used to prove that He deserve a go..So I say Parthiv has higher average???
Parthiv was put into test cricket way too early. If he had not debuted that young he would have probably been in the team right now. It's the selectors fault, as usual. :p

Last edited:
Ya I agree..
And now I am not Favoring for him..Because I know Dhoni is doing well...And If We change him in tests then It'll effect his ODIs Captaincy..So Its ok..
All that matters to me Is win...
It just everyone was favoring their favorites players..So I also added my one..Lol..:p (Checkout Last Page..Badri Vs Kaif)

All that matters to me Is win...
It just everyone was favoring their favorites players..So I also added my one..Lol..:p (Checkout Last Page..Badri Vs Kaif)
Yeah I read last page. What about if Kaif hits a double century and leads the team to victory. Would you favor him over Tendulkar?

Oh Dear...No chance..I can't favour myself for Sachin..
I have grown up Watching him...I used to cry when I was 10 years old on His wicket...

He means more than a Cricketer for me...Real God...

I'm not for Badrinath because he's a favorite of mine. Its because he deserves a go and he's already 28 years old.
Its clear that the selectors have completely and purposefully overlooked him. Why else would someone who is scoring so heavily continually not get recognized?

Maybe because he's the most terrible wicketkeeper India has produced? Even Dravid is better with the gloves!

Yuvraj is a terrible fielder now a days. He's no where as good as Badrinath.

Badrinath is a solid, technically sound player. He has done everything in the books to earn a spot in the team, as has Tiwary.
But alas, people like Kaif make their way in, for some reason or another. Biased selectors on politics all around.

Gujurat = Munaf Patel. What did he do to earn a call up? He got one.

Parthiv Patel was,is and would be the most terrible Wicketkeeper India has ever produced. The No.1 keeper in India is Kaarthik,Dhoni's keeping is not as good as Dinesh's.

Munaf Patel plays for Mumbai,so the Mumbai lobby had to be built up.Thats wh yhe is in the team.

Ppl in the forum have said it right.You seem to favor poor quality cricket after watching Bangla for quite a long time. P Patel is not at all good.Yes,hi FC batting may have improved leaps but he doesnt deserve a place in the squad.

The last time Aus toured India,we lost becoz of Parthiv Patel-sloppy behind the wickets.

I'm not for Badrinath because he's a favorite of mine. Its because he deserves a go and he's already 28 years old.
Its clear that the selectors have completely and purposefully overlooked him. Why else would someone who is scoring so heavily continually not get recognized?

The Indian selectors have done so in the past too with one Abhijit Kale.
I wouldnt be surprised if they ask Badri to open against Aus in Oct 2008.

First of all Kaif was dropped unjustifiabally. Add to that he is still 27 and batsman peak at 28 years of age. This was what he did when he was dropped

Matches = 5
Runs = 317
High = 148
Avg = 63.4

He was best batsman for India in ODIs in 2005 season when everyone was struggling. remeber he came low down order and averaged above 50 that season also. Had some poor games in 2006 but so did Sehwag and others.

Hes nudger and pusher. Hardly has any shots of authority. I will say he is like Collingwood.

Hes nudger and pusher. Hardly has any shots of authority. I will say he is like Collingwood.

Good comparison. he's pretty much like Collingwood, who can occasionally give that big shot but is more of an accumulator.

Colly Balls Fetal deliveries...In ODIs He bowl 10 overs...
He is Way far better slog hitter than Kaif?

And Last but not Least HE is a Captain of his team..:p

Users who are viewing this thread