South Africa in India

Caliber???
May be you are right..But all the Cricket Matters is Records…And Sehwag is now third batsman to join Bradman and Lara to score two triple hundreds..And you can’t deny that..

Something tells me the pitch is far too flat and this is going to be a draw.

I hope Sehwag doesn't beat Lara's record. He's really no where near the caliber.

Sehwag's average is now higher than Lara's at 53.97 whereas Lara's is 52.88. IMO, records are there to be broken irrespective of how great a player was or not.

Sehwag's average is now higher than Lara's at 53.97 whereas Lara's is 52.88. IMO, records are there to be broken irrespective of how great a player was or not.

mitchell johnson has an even higher average. only he deserves to break the record.:hpraise

Something tells me the pitch is far too flat and this is going to be a draw.

I hope Sehwag doesn't beat Lara's record. He's really no where near the caliber.

So??

Thats dumb. He is very good enough to be a top international test batsman. Its not that people who are higher in caliber should achieve and retain the success. This guy is good enough and if he can get to that record, he should.

Lara also scored those runs on flatbeds (in fact didnt some ppl criticise that 400 becoz he went for that record risking victory?).

Correct. Overall, Sehwag has been an excellent test batsman. He can play some strokes that Lara might not even think of playing. He doesnt go by the coaching manual always, but the way he innovates is amazing!

Also yesterday, I saw a lot of determination and patience in Sehwag to achieve what he did and to prove people wrong. After that double hundred when he came back for the post tea session, before the first ball, he had a prolonged talk with the heavens with his eyes closed and brought all his focus back to one place and then went about his task. He was so so determined yesterday to play that way and he achieved it. I see a change in his game. He is much more patient, punishes only the real loose balls and has reduced his 'playing on instincts' quite some much.

Last edited:
So??

Thats dumb. He is very good enough to be a top international test batsman. Its not that people who are higher in caliber should achieve and retain the success. This guy is good enough and if he can get to that record, he should.

Lara also scored those runs on flatbeds (in fact didnt some ppl criticise that 400 becoz he went for that record risking victory?).

Correct. Overall, Sehwag has been an excellent test batsman. He can play some strokes that Lara might not even think of playing. He doesnt go by the coaching manual always, but the way he innovates is amazing!

Also yesterday, I saw a lot of determination and patience in Sehwag to achieve what he did and to prove people wrong. After that double hundred when he came back for the post tea session, before the first ball, he had a prolonged talk with the heavens with his eyes closed and brought all his focus back to one place and then went about his task. He was so so determined yesterday to play that way and he achieved it. I see a change in his game. He is much more patient, punishes only the real loose balls and has reduced his 'playing on instincts' quite some much.

Lara gave enough overs to his bowlers to bowl england out but Pedro Collins who picked up 4 wickets in the 1st innings got injured and was unable to bowl the amount of overs that he did in the 1st innings which was a big blow to a already depleted bowling attack.

and nobody looked as good as Lara did when displaying the full range of stroke play.

Last edited:
Right, that's why he averages more than 50. Lara is of course an awesome batsman but there's things that Sehwag is better at. Lara was far more consistent and far more stylish, whereas Sehwag is far more exciting to watch.

mitchell johnson has an even higher average. only he deserves to break the record.:hpraise
Haha. To be honest Johnson has as many not outs as Sehwag in far fewer matches. Personally I do not like the current method of calculating averages.

Lara gave enough overs to his bowlers to bowl england out but Pedro Collins who picked up 4 wickets in the 1st innings got injured and was unable to bowl the amount of overs that he did in the 1st innings which was a big blow to a already depleted bowling attack.
I didn't realize this test match was already over... if anything Sehwag's brisk knock helps India's chances to salvage a win in a match that's basically a draw.

and nobody looked as good as Lara did when displaying the full range of stroke play.
That's really a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
I didn't realize this test match was already over... if anything Sehwag's brisk knock helps India's chances to salvage a win in a match that's basically a draw.

yea and Laras innings gave West Indies a chance to win the match because if it wasn't for his 400 they would have been bowled out for a far lesser score and would have probably lost the match.

That's really a matter of opinion.

yea true i guess.

I see I made a calculation mistake myself. I had to add 2.30 to the current GMT time instead of only 2 hours.

If Sehwag tries his best he can reach 400 runs before lunch, although that would be difficult.

RSA will suffer more if Sehwag gets in. He can destroy any attack on this docile pitch. Even Aussies with all their gun bowlers from past.

Look what I predicted. :p

I bet the Indian batsmen will try to make this match exciting. :(

That Indian batsman will be Dravid. I liked him even more than Sachin but for last year he has become a docile Wall. Somebody knock his head and tell him that its not a foul to hit ball over fielders. :mad

Look what I predicted. :p

That Indian batsman will be Dravid. I liked him even more than Sachin but for last year he has become a docile Wall. Somebody knock his head and tell him that its not a foul to hit ball over fielders. :mad

Dude.
ITS TEST CRICKET.

Users who are viewing this thread