Story South Africa Vs The Barmy Army

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
bbc-logo.jpg

The squads have been announced ahead of South Africa's tour of England. The venues for the series are :

1st Test - Edgbaston - SA win by 8 wickets
2st Test - Lords - ENG win by 7 wickets
3rd Test - Old Trafford - ENG win by 319 runs

England's team for the Series :

South Africa's team for the series :

Last edited:
who are you going to be mate? its looking like a good series, two close intense teams!

1st Test Teams

bbc-logo.jpg

1st Test, Edgbaston

07:00am

With play ready to begin in roughly two hours, the ECB announced their line-up for the 1st Test, here in Birmingham.

England Team :

08.30am

South Africa left it late, but here is their line-up :

Last edited:
Playing as...

Well since I support the Barmy Army, I will be playing as England!

[Pls note, this isn't C07 or BLIC, it is International Cricket Captain, the Ashes Edition.]

kiwi_macca said:
who are you going to be mate? its looking like a good series, two close intense teams!

I'd imagine he is being both as it looks like a two player series.

Good luck for the story.

Day 1, Morning

bbc-logo.jpg

Commentator :

" Hello, and good morning, here in Birmingham, for Day 1 of the 1st Test between England and South Africa. The pitch today is very dry and brilliant for spinners. I expect this to be a tight one, but here we go. England to call the toss. And England lose the toss. "

Graeme Smith :

" Well the pitch is dry, good for a bowl, so we'll have a field. "

Nightmare Start!

bbc-logo.jpg

NIGHTMARE START FOR ENGLAND!

Within just three overs for England, Ed Joyce was bowled by Shaun Pollock. It was a brilliant yorker which left Joyce dazzled..

ENGLAND - 12/1

Lunch - Day 1

bbc_logo.gif

England Slump To 117/3

A spirited fightback from Andrew Strauss and Kevin Pietersen wasn't enough as South Africa wrecked havoc at Edgbaston. Ed Joyce was the first to fall, for just 1 run. Then Ian Bell followed for 7. A good partnership of about 90 wasn't enough as Andrew Strauss edged to Smith for 43, from the bowling of Nel. The only highlight was 56* from Kevin Pietersen, who is currently at the crease with Paul Collingwood.

Pietersen celebrates his 50.

The scorecards at Lunch :

Did you think of byes?

Anywhoo, good story, rare to see a newcomer wrapping images as well as you.

England All Out!

bbc_logo.gif

England All Out!

England have been bowled out 27 minutes before Tea, with Andrew Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen and Paul Collingwood making half centuries. England began the afternoon at 115/3, where Pietersen and Collingwood shared a huge stand, before Pietersen fell for 77. Collingwood soon followed for 57, but Flintoff worked with the tail scoring 80, leaving England on 285. Shaun Pollock was the pick of the bowlers, finishing with 6/72.

In reply, South Africa reached 8/0, although Graeme Smith edged to Chris Read, but the umpire gave Not Out.

Thanks for your comments so far. The reason I'm wrapping so well is because I have wrote loads of FM07 stories.

Users who are viewing this thread