South Africa vs Zimbabwe & Pakistan, October-November 2010/11

angryangy

ICC Chairman
South Africa could easily have played like India and NZ, but I think it's novel that they considered winning it.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
haha, Pakistan have a great chance to win this test, they really should take it with both hands and should register a win against proteas. Lot of batting still to come.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
haha, Pakistan have a great chance to win this test, they really should take it with both hands and should register a win against proteas. Lot of batting still to come.

18 overs to score 124 runs? Not a chance. They'll settle for the draw.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
18 overs to score 124 runs? Not a chance. They'll settle for the draw.

I'd go for it, you got 2 set batsmen with Umar Akmal (who is capable of anything) to come in. They should at least take a risk, and if they lose 2 or 3 quick wickets they can block it out. Send Gul in at 7?:p Looks as if they'll play it out for a draw.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It seems it's going to be a draw. A bad end to this Test actually.

Last edited:

cricketmad09

International Coach
I think it was this feedback:

Derek Hebbert: "Pity Pakistan dont have Afridi and Razzaq to finish this off in style - go the underdogs!!!" A win looks highly unlikely given the way they are going

This was the recent one that appeared on Cricinfo.

Anyway it seems it's going to be a draw. A bad end to this Test actually.

I wouldn't say something like that. As some members may have picked up when it comes to discussion or feedback I'm quite cynical. If i'm happy and content I don't feel the need to voice my opinion. Just happy to chill and relax.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
You could sense that Younus was up for it, but his partner was not only very much against it, but also the captain.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Disappointed we didnt go for the win, but I would have taken the draw at day 1. Pleasing performance from Younis, shows us exactly what we missed. Misbah and Ali played vital knocks and really impressed that we didnt crumble out. Its pretty obvious Younis had a major role in that.

Users who are viewing this thread