South African Tour of India 2010

All we need is Amla. I have confidence we can take care of the lower middle order, we just need to knock a few over this morning session.

a draw.. or India winning. Thanks to the weather what could have been a good test, became a boring crap

So only South Africa winning could make it a good test rite? :sarcasm

When SA started Day 4, they had only 1-2% chance of winning this match. And only after that did the rain affect the test.

I dont think IND can win it from here. it should be a draw

i dont even care if its a draw. we've put SAF on the mat for the majority of the test and the way we came back hard on them after the nagpur debacle is in itself satisfactory. :)

So only South Africa winning could make it a good test rite? :sarcasm

When SA started Day 4, they had only 1-2% chance of winning this match. And only after that did the rain affect the test.

no thats not what i intended to say. i meant to say that its boring because there is only 1 way the test can go now. and its most likely a draw. SA will just sit there and block it out. there may not be a 4th innings. thats why its boring. not because whos winning or losing.

i dont even care if its a draw. we've put SAF on the mat for the majority of the test and the way we came back hard on them after the nagpur debacle is in itself satisfactory. :)

Thats the spirit. I agree with that too. I dont care if we lose that No.1 tag by drawing this match. Hope they try hard though to win.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

no thats not what i intended to say. i meant to say that its boring because there is only 1 way the test can go now. and its most likely a draw. SA will just sit there and block it out. there may not be a 4th innings. thats why its boring. not because whos winning or losing.

I dont think Indian win possibility is too low. I guess the stakes for draw are higher, but I would rate it as 60 for the draw and 40 for India win.

Edit: Karthik is fielding superbly since yesterday. Normally, he shows lot of styles but yday and today, he has been very effective. And so is Raina. The advantage of Gambhir and Zaheer not playing is that they are replaced by two brilliant fielders in Karthik and Raina.

Last edited:
I dont think Indian win possibility is too low. I guess the stakes for draw are higher, but I would rate it as 60 for the draw and 40 for India win.

i would say draw as 75% and win as 25%. especially since zaheer is not playing and sharma is woefully out of form.

we need a 1st day post-tea session kind of collapse to entertain any chance of an indian victory..

its a shame we lost close to 55 overs yesterday...:(

Users who are viewing this thread