South African Tour of India 2010

Before people go all gung-ho on our new bowlers, Tyagi has been rotting on India's bench for ages, and his pace has dropped too, usually is around the 140 mark. And, Mithun averages 45 in List A cricket - clearly shouldn't have been picked for ODIs. He bowls fabulously in First Class games, and therefore he should get opportunities in the longer format. Plus, the pitch had almost nothing for them. Even bowling straight after a while wouldn't got them hit.

Anyways, disappointed in Vijay really. Should really take hold of some opportunity, he's had quite a few now. Although, not as much as Rohit Sharma, who I'm secretly hoping fails along with Yusuf Pathan.

Don't really see what Rohit and Virat are doing. The RR required is almost 8.5 and these two are still taking singles with strike rates in the sixties. If they press on and get big scores, then fair enough, but if they just suddenly try to accelerate and get out, then that'll be crap.

Don't really see what Rohit and Virat are doing. The RR required is almost 8.5 and these two are still taking singles with strike rates in the sixties. If they press on and get big scores, then fair enough, but if they just suddenly try to accelerate and get out, then that'll be crap.

I'd fancy India's chances if we require 90-100 runs in the last 10 overs and have 5-6 wickets left.

Wow, great job Rohit. :facepalm Build your innings for absolutely nothing. Why he gets picked again and again over some other guys is really mind boggling.

I`d send the slogger in next and give him one final chance. If he cannot show his worth today, I`d not pick the guy for some time. This is the kind of situation where people think Yusuf would come in handy. If he cannot do something of not in a situation like this, there is very little utility of the guy in the Indian ODI side. He surely is`nt one who`ll rescue you from a 20/3 situation. The only reason he is in the side is because of his reputation as someone who can be dangerous in a situation like today.

aditya123 added 8 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Kohli, I feel has cemented his slot for the WC unless he goes rapidly downhill from here. He has looked good against all the sides he has played against, be it Australia, SA today and SL. I also think Karthik has almoost done enough to get into the WC squad as a 2nd wicketkeeper as well. Ravi J looks like the allrounder which might be handy in the subcontinental conditions. Although he is`nt that swashbuckling as a batsman, I`d trust him to not throw away his wicket in a tough situation (20/3) unlike Yusuf and he could do what Sanath/Aravinda did with the ball in the 1996 WC. So, the batting is almost settled. Remember, there are`nt a lot of ODIs between now and May/June.

So Sachin,Sehwag,Gambhir, Yuvraj,Raina,Kohli,Dhoni,Karthik, Jadeja, Zaheer, Harbhajan(:p),Praveen would be pretty much certain to make it to the WC squad at the moment. The rest of it will be fought between the bowlers.

Raina seems to have made his mind up, he's trying to hit a 6 off every ball. Not much he can do though, he's lucky to still be there. It went pretty high to Amla and he's got a bandage on his hand.

That should be the end of Yusuf for a while, technically he was out on both balls.

That should be the end of Yusuf for a while, technically he was out on both balls.

Not bad for India at all. Dead rubber and a kind of situation where the selectors thought Yusuf would be of use. I don`t think he is coming back anytime soon to the Indian team.

Users who are viewing this thread