Sri Lanka in England 2011

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
quite possibly, but are they any better than lakmal and perera? my question is where is kulasekera?

i think the point i'm getting at is that this test was a complete freak,and can't really be blamed on poor preparation,or a percieved lack of preparation.
Sri lanka still have a top notch batting line up.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
It was pure opportunism and pretty much a fantastic piece of decision making and psychology. When England came out to bat, Sri Lanka must have thought they were in for the long haul again but the sudden declaration meant Sri Lanka were in no man's land. They just had to try and bat out the day and were not sure whether to attack or defend.

England attacked from the offset and after the first 2 wickets obviously knew it was game on, it was an incredible bowling display by a 3 man attack!

There was no way England could lose and it was an incredibly ruthless decision which you would expect from an Australia of old.

----------

Not sure if anyone knows this, but England's last 5 test wins have all come by an innings. Ruthless.

ferg512

International Coach
I just woke up and saw the result wtf happened?? Congratulations to England, I might be creating a bit of a stir but this makes me wonder whether a fix was in. Those odds would have been crazy, I haven't really seen any of this last day so I shouldn't really be commenting was it good bowling or poor batting like I'm suspecting.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
That?s why I don?t blame BCCI and IPL only, cricketers must be more responsible for their actions,?. And ICC is doing nothing at all, how ever mark my words.,, India will be responsible for killing cricket for their personal gains

today a proud nation lost and was embarrassed, and it millions of fans got hurt!!! Thank you India

Ya, it's the IPL fault you have a sorry ass team.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
You can't blame the IPL for the players' lack of preparation. It's Jayawardene's Sangakarra's responsibility to be there early and acclimatise.

I thought England bowled well and Sri Lanka were very poor. They have only themselves to blame.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
hope same thing would happend to india !!!! IPL is killing cricket.... and India will have to be resposible for killing this beautiful game :facepalm

Don't players play county/domestic cricket ahead of big series? how is IPL a problem then, just because its run by BCCI and India is dominant it has to be wrong? :rolleyes I guess you guys already found a reason for the embarrassment you're gonna face ahead.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
IPL may be responsible for many of other problems around the cricket world, but blaming this loss on it is unfair. It was Sanga and Jayawardenes decision not to come to England early on, but its important to realize its a team of 11 not just 4 players.

I think Englands abrupt decision to declare, clearly got Lankans confused. They probably thought the game was a draw, England to bat till they get a 200 lead and then play for a draw. The attitude from England clearly shocked them, and I echo Ollie when I say they really didnt know what to do. I wouldnt really blame it on the IPL or the lack of preparation but on some brilliant decisions by England, and some fantastic bowling.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Ya, it's the IPL fault you have a sorry ass team.

Yes my team is sorry ass thanks to IPL. And BCCI?

a) all the best sri lankan players, played in IPL and when SLC ask them to come home on the 5th of may, and get ready for England; IPL and BCCI demanded them to stay, and if not they would not pay them at all.
b) every body knows what happened to malinga who became a MI from SL cricketer for money., thanks to IPL again.
c) Our next best find Nuwan Pradeep, who could ball 150kmph was used as a practice bowler for one IPL team. he bowled 2 hours everyday, without playing a single IPL game and got injured.
d) Main team was not allowed to play the opening warm-up match thanks to BCCI and IPL.

I can go on and on !!! ?if your smart do not reply? I don?t care if admin kick me of the site, but il let you know what I really feel about you and your IPL?.

----------

Srilanka is just a warm up for what will happen to India

YES, its "karma" and indians know whats that is

International Coach
Yes my team is sorry ass thanks to IPL. And BCCI?

a) all the best sri lankan players, played in IPL and when SLC ask them to come home on the 5th of may, and get ready for England; IPL and BCCI demanded them to stay, and if not they would not pay them at all.
b) every body knows what happened to malinga who became a MI from SL cricketer for money., thanks to IPL again.
c) Our next best find Nuwan Pradeep, who could ball 150kmph was used as a practice bowler for one IPL team. he bowled 2 hours everyday, without playing a single IPL game and got injured.
d) Main team was not allowed to play the opening warm-up match thanks to BCCI and IPL.

I can go on and on !!! ?if your smart do not reply? I don?t care if admin kick me of the site, but il let you know what I really feel about you and your IPL?.

----------

YES, its "karma" and indians know whats that is

STOP whining.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great victory for the England team, a three man bowling attack but still managed to take 10 wickets of a team for just 84 runs. Magnificent work really from Tremlett, Swann and Broad. :clap

I don't see how IPL is responsible for this, I mean it's not like that every international player must play in the IPL. If any player thinks that he needs to practice for any important tour that has to take place after IPL, he can obviously do so. In this case, Jayawardene and Sangakkara didn't do this, so I really don't see how IPL is at fault and not these two. As far as Malinga is concern, it was completely his decision to retire from test cricket and the no. of matches that are played these days it was always gonna happen.

puneet28

Club Captain
Nobody Should blame IPL for pathetic performance by Lankans esp Lassana Dias..

Dilshan Left IPL early but Sanga and Jaya didn't, so its not the fault of IPL or BCCI.

Plus You Board should have control over your players like Malinga and those who left IPL late, Don't Forget BCCI hasn't allowed Any of Indian player to play in Big-bash due to Domestic cricket and Team Which is going to play in WI is selected on basis of domestic..

Remember you had a pathetic bowling attack, you don't have any cover for Malinga and Vaas (after him you didn't got any quality bowler) and Mendis is not that threatening now...

So You should look into you domestic structure before blaming IPL. It's Okay that IPL can be Problem for International Cricket but it's the responsibility of Player to think where they are meant to be played. by the way why you are starting SLPL and asking Some Of Indian Players to Play in it, If all these leagues are not good for future of International cricket ??

Users who are viewing this thread