Sri Lanka in New Zealand

What will be outcome of the Test series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shake_12 said:
i bet 3 points on sir lanka hope the win
you are betting for no reason the tour might be canceled. and even if u want to bet, y dont u bet after it is comformed that the tour will do ahead

cause srilanka wants to go home and see what is left of thier home and stuff like that. this is because of the TSUNAMIS that has a death toll of over 56,000 in 8 countries

i reckon sri lanka will win this one.

the cancellation of this tour back in december hurt the new zealanders because they wanted practice before the aussies came.

and they never got any practice so we then got thumped by australia in ODIs and tests and because the new zealanders will be down and therefore we lose to sri lanka.

we need oram and styris back.

what ever happend to those days when we had shane bond

has anybody heard from him yet because i rember him saying last year that if he wasnt fit for the aussie tour this year he would retire and he wasnt fit for the tour so i dont know if he has retired or not. hope he hasnt :upray

Its going to be a close one
but I think NZ would have upper hand

NZ will def will have the upper hand. Sri Lankan players will def need to get used to the pitch conditions asap.

But would like to see SL win. Anyhow it will be a great contest.

Vettori is rested and Kyle Mills, a medium/fast bowler from the NZ ODI team comes into the team. I think he has deserved another shot after a great job for auckland in the 4 day domestic competition and because he will of change dsince his first tastes of test cricket.

Bond for the 837958729857th time is almost 100%, he just doesn't want to rush back into International Cricket. Hes playing provincially for Canterbury, hes taking wickets each match, broken some poor guys hand and even scored his maiden first class century, of course consisting of about 5 sixes, being the aggressive low order batsman he is. So next season, he will be good to go, along with Oram, Stryis and Harris, hopefully. I can't wait.

Now for my opinion, I feel that after playing the best team in the world, you come out of it learning a lot and can see your obvious weaknesses, etc. I think even though NZ will be tired and hurt from the Australian tour and have a lot of young and new palyers, I rekon we will win at least 1 match, but I would put money on 2, because we have been palying cricket lately and Sri Lanka havn't, after their game against NZ A was washed out.

this is excellent news hopefully bond will be back for us later this year when we tour south africa in atumn

New Zealand vs Sri Lanka - 1st Test

1st Test starts on April 4th 2005 at Napier.

Odds:

New Zealand - 9/5
Draw - 5/4
Sri Lanka - 3/1

Betting will be open until 3rd April at 22:00 GMT. Bets will be settled when the result of the match is known.

sachin said:
come on sri lanka!new zealand is aweful.

I beg your pardon? Stop putting teams down.

Heres the result after Day 1

New Zealand 1st innings
JAH Marshall - 52
HJH Marshall - 133*
NJ Astle - 37*
Total - 267/3 (84 overs)

Other 2 batsmen out are Fleming and Cumming with low scores.

Vaas, Chandana and Malinga are the 3 wicket takers.

Great innings out there by Hamish Marshall, who has formed a very nice partnership with Astle, great bowling by Malinga, his action is very strange and hard for batsmen to adjust to, he got the huge wicket of Fleming who played one on, he was really giving fleming trouble with the difficult angle. he was bowling lots of short balls and then some full ones, almost got an LBW but Fleming was onto it, only just, then 2 balls later Fleming played on, diddn't get his feet moving.

Play ended about 30 mins early due to bad light. The new ball wasn't taken yet.

Revise odds after Day 1

Odds:

New Zealand - 10/11
Draw - EVS
Sri Lanka - 10/1

Betting will be open until 4th April at 22:00 GMT.

Users who are viewing this thread