Sri Lanka in New Zealand

Peter Fulton on the verge of what will be a well deserved century. Great start to his premature ODI international career and hopefully he can continue his good run.

Fulton has been splendid touch, though against a mostly lacklustre Sri Lankan bowling attack. Who do the Black Caps play next?

blackcaps are versing west indies after this series which is a month away.

SL finally win a game. This shows that they can win games and Vass is still a force to be reckon with. I wouldn't write them off in the VB series just yet.

I think if they get a few players firing together, they could pull off a win or two in the VB series, especially against the Aussies. However, I don't see them making it to the finals.

The taill muddled this one up for the Kiwis. Once Marshall fell, everyone collapsed around him.

This is why I think had Vaas not bowled that terrible over the other day, Sri Lanka may have come back into this series.

Good win to SL. I would of liked to see a clean sweep but Sri Lanka after the last match mabee deserved a litlte more then 5 losses.

We were in a good position to win but blew it at the end. Vaas finished us off very well with great bowling but the tail definatly didn't contribute enough which put pressure on Cairns who did a great job trying to take us through. We needed McCullum to contribute more really. Supersub skrewed us a little, another showing that the rule sucks ass because the toss winner won the match, like ALL of the other game sin the series.

We experimented with the powerplay, it didn't work. Franklin and Martin who were trialed with each other were too expensive. At least Martin got a few wickets. They bowled too wide at times. Bond was surprisingly expensiveish, he does have a thigh strain but his last over was probably the best bowling I have seen in the last over. 1 run would you believe. A wicket, then an almost caught and bowled then an almost run out after a mix up all after each other to start.

Fulton is looking like a fantastic part of the team. It was a shame he got run out, it would of been fantastic for him to have gone through til the end.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread