West Indies tour of New Zealand

Taylor is the key man he goes we should be in a good position. Should have been out once already, could have been out twice if we could actually hit the sticks.

He was home for that run-out.

I can see them going off n0ow and us losing. I get that bad feeling that we're going to get screwed by D/L. Even if Taylor goes for a big shot and gets out, it's because of D/L.

Great game...really good final..New Zealand still require another 92 runs with 5 wickets and 16.2 overs remaining,Required RR 5.63..interesting last phase of match..

nikhil_99 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Its difficult to predit the winner,its evenly balanced...

Great game...really good final..New Zealand still require another 92 runs with 5 wickets and 16.2 overs remaining,Required RR 5.63..interesting last phase of match..

nikhil_99 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Its difficult to predit the winner,its evenly balanced...

Certainly...Taylor should be there till end..

Sweet, going off!

Taylor and Elliot have done a great job! Flynn screwed us up big time but they recovered us. Great timing on the powerplay. Now we're ahead. Hopefully we don't have to go back out there and bat but that's me being selfish and wanting to win it 100%.

Even if they go back on, Taylor and Elliot have done well to stick to the 2 different targets and keep it manageable and not get out.

It's simple, If D/L comes into it we're in trouble. If not we should get home with our batting depth and powerplay.

I think we're 5ish runs behind on D/L
No it's the other way around, with a run rate over 6 and half their wickets in hand (while well past half way in the innings), they are on top if the game is washed out. However, it would be very easy to lose the final 5 wickets for less than 80 runs.

I am surprised they were out there for as long as they were. Shame it was looking like a close finish as well.

Also Elliot's average is now up to 73 in ODI's

Last edited:
Delay - rain..once again there is rain...lets hope there is no D/W and we get proper 15 overs...i guess if we have D/W possibly WI will win (dont know,but NZ have lost 5 wickets)

No it's the other way around, with a run rate over 6 and half their wickets in hand (while well past half way in the innings), they are on top if the game is washed out. However, it would be very easy to lose the final 5 wickets for less than 80 runs.

That means NZ will win,according to D/W method...interesting...

I don't wanna jinx us, but since we're so far through the game, and they're not back out there yet, with maybe only an hour 20 absolute max left to play I'd say there's a good chance they won't go back out. They'll take probably an hour to get all the water off etc so fingers crossed that's the game and series for us.

hope they get to play and decide the match the way it should be because NZ doesn't deserve to win the match or the series. they haven't done anything special or better than WI.

sad way to end the series and for the WI to lose when they had a clear opportunity to win the match.

New Zealand gave a mighty start, so the game will be Kiwi's if rain persists.

hope they get to play and decide the match the way it should be because NZ doesn't deserve to win the match or the series. they haven't done anything special or better than WI.

sad way to end the series and for the WI to lose when they had a clear opportunity to win the match.

You're right. Your 3 man West Indies team -> Gayle and Chanderpaul and Sarwan totally deserved to win the series :rolleyes:

But if you think so then good on you. We would have got home had the game lasted anyway, I just don't like the idea of having to go back out and reach some calculated target probably at a totally different run-rate.

WI were lucky to escape only losing the ODI series. We're a better ODI side and about an even test side. Instead of having a 3 man side we have better all-round skills with Vettori, Mills, McCullum, Taylor and arguably Ryder though he hasn't really stamped his authority yet but we were pretty unlucky losing 2 of our top batsmen, Styris and especially Oram. 294 was a poor score on this pitch compared with recent other games where over 300 was par.

So go have a cry.

Last edited:
You're right. Your 3 man West Indies team -> Gayle and Chanderpaul and Sarwan totally deserved to win the series :rolleyes:

But if you think so then good on you. We would have got home had the game lasted anyway, I just don't like the idea of having to go back out and reach some calculated target probably at a totally different run-rate.

WI were lucky to escape only losing the ODI series. We're a better ODI side and about an even test side. Instead of having a 3 man side we have better all-round skills with Vettori, Mills, McCullum, Taylor and arguably Ryder though he hasn't really stamped his authority yet but we were pretty unlucky losing 2 of our top batsmen, Styris and especially Oram. 294 was a poor score on this pitch compared with recent other games where over 300 was par.

So go have a cry.

lol Shiv alone >>> the entire NZ batting squad.

Sure NZ are a better ODI side and they are so on paper but they haven't been playing their best cricket and WI had a fair chance. As the standings say WI are a better Test side so don't even try to go there.
New Zelands only advantage is Vettori other than that they don't have anything on the WI.

but its OK a poor series anyways, rain all over the place and too many delays. Go home and prepare for England.

Users who are viewing this thread