Sri Lankan Tour of Australia, October-November 2010/11

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sri Lanka deserved to win, Australia obviously had no bowling plan, unless it was to bowl ████ and in that case they succeeded. That partnership was lovely to watch.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Well unless the aussies have at least 4 of their 5 pacemen (Dougie,Lee,Tait,Harris,Mckay) starting during the WC , i dont think they stand a chance against the top 5 teams especially against the likes of RSA and IND

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Sri Lanka played well and put up a great fight no two ways about it.
I though it that Sri Lanka might just plod along for a bit but then when Xavier Doherty was brought on and Sri Lanka fell into a heap. I thought that was it. Only for the Sri Lankan tail to wag.

What Australia need is a bowler who can clean up a tail.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
My 5-0 prediction in England's favour looks more possible every day.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The flaw in your plan is that England will foolishly stack their side with batsmen, not tailenders.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
What Australia need is a bowler who can clean up a tail.

Lee is the solution available for that part. Just cant forget the way he demolished the English lower order batsmen during the ill fated natwest series in 2009 where the aussies won 6-1

Steven Smith's batting is definitely not up to an international stand, and to bowl four overs was shocking from Clarke. Surely could have gotten a wicket, how many tail enders score 70's against aggressive leg spin?

Well according to cricinfo text commentary, steven smith had developed a back pain after his 4 overs

TumTum

International Cricketer
When SL were 8 down in the 20th over needing another 140 runs, Clarke should have put in close fielders and attacked Malinga.

Doherty was in a great spell and Clarke didn't even have a silly point or short leg for him. I mean WTF?

What did Doherty get on his hat-trick ball? Just 2 slips :rtfl

Fail captaincy.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Looking at the performance it seems that its going to be easy for in form England to win this time around the Ashes

War

Chairman of Selectors
Firstly this defeat will have no effect on the outcome of the Ashes. Unless crazy selections by these dumb AUS selectors continues.

Firstly with Ponting out. I found it quite weird that Marsh didn't open with Watson. What kind of selectionw as that??

Secondly. The balance of the bowling attack with Watson & Hastings as the 1st & 2nd change bowlers made the attack very weak. Although they almost won.

3 strong seamers have to play & again Nannes should be in this squad to back up Johnson & Siddle.

I saw it again, these selectors will be reason AUS lose the Ashes. They keep doing crap *sighsssssss*

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Exactly the bowler I was thinking of. Add Peter George and McKay in there too...

Hilfy has never been a stand out in ODIs and Peter George likewise. McKay would be the one of that bunch. With Bollinger and Harris out hes the next best we have. Siddle is too inconsistent for ODIs, has been relatively ineffective in most of his performance.

Users who are viewing this thread