Strongest team in the history of cricket

Which is/was the strongest team ever?

• Total voters

Ajit

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which team do you think was/is the strongest/best ever seen, since the game began?

I will go with Windies of 70s/80s

Last edited:
Australia of 1948, closely followed by Australia before Waugh retired.

South Africa of the early 70s could well have been in this list, had it not been for their expulsion.

I agree. and in those days standard of other teams was better than what current aussie team has to face as well..with players like Gavaskar, Kapil, Imran Khan, Hadlee, Botham...

Windies of the 70's and 80's for me too. What an awesome bowling line up, not to mention the likes of Greenidge, Haynes, Richards, Lloyd... :hpraise .

yeah those guys must still give nightmares to people who saw them in action :p

I don't say Aussie team when Bradman used to play or any team before the 80s because the rules were crap at that time.Cricket was easier.Those team now would have been nothing.

Current Aussie team is winning under difficult conditions and rules.

Easier?

No helmets, unlimited bouncers in an over, no fielding restrictions (prior to 1934), uncovered pitches...... sounds a lot harder to me.

I'd like to see Ricky Ponting face up to Shoaib Akhtar, when Ponting has no helmet and Shoaib can ball as many short balls as he wants.

certainly no comparison there..just look at how much noise they made after pitch did a bit at Mumbai.

Shailesh said:
certainly no comparison there..just look at how much noise they made after pitch did a bit at Mumbai.
Bloody hell, play another tune

I'll go for the 70's/80's Windies team

Bradman's Invincibles(rightly called so)...they ought to be the best - history books say so...for one they had Bradman himself, then they had a few fearsome bowlers and they had a batsman who when hit a double hundred - Bradman called to his teammates in the dressing room and said - "come here and look at this. you won't ever see batting like this."(donno that batter's name)...

about the cricket being easy then - well of course it ought to be easier when you don't have a helmet on your head, the overnight rain has made a heaven out of the pitch which was left to be watered, the opposition bowler can bowl underarm if he wants to, he can send down bouncers and beamers as he pleases and can stretch his front foot as far as possible(keeping his back foot behind the bowling crease)...

recordwise they may have been beaten by S. Waugh's Aussies and the WI under Lloyd but the fact that they didn't get to play against minnows(Zim and Bang for modern Aussies and teams like Ind, NZ and Pak which were fairly weak against the WI under Lloyd), the heavenly conditions they played under and perhaps sheer ability makes them better than all others...

Last edited:
sachinisgod said:
about the cricket being easy then - well of course it ought to be easier when you don't have a helmet on your head, the overnight rain has made a heaven out of the pitch which was left to be watered, the opposition bowler can bowl underarm if he wants to, he can send down bouncers and beamers as he pleases and can stretch his front foot as far as possible(keeping his back foot behind the bowling crease)...

now that's sarcasm..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread