Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Agreed, that would be nice. I think there should be diferent aggression levels for every batsman and then a multiplier for the different formats of the game. Like Give some one like Sehwag or Dave Warner like "90-100" aggression and someone like Simon katich or Rual Dravid "30-40" then for a test have it x1, for a one dayer x1.5 and for a T20 x2. Then Different batsman would have there own "style" more or less. If that is possible. But it is true you some times in BLIC get someone playing like its a T20 in a test match. its lame. TOAC For the win! keep up the great work guys

Eon I think thats a great way of showing the different aggresion levels for each player and I think it will really add that extra layer of authenticity. Just wodering if you guys can put up some more videos on the website to give us a good idea of the game at this time. Keep up the good work:p

I had an idea regarding the way in which the batsman's ability to judge the spin/cut on a ball can be shown.

The pitch point marker could have a segment showing the expected direction of the ball after the bounce (a bit like the arrow in BLIC) but the section could be made a different size depending on the ability of the batsman.

Example attached.

Attachments

• judgement.jpg
    judgement.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 39
And you could develop that idea so that the section gets smaller as a batsman gets in (e.g. Pietersen can be nervous at the start of an innings but can reverse Murali for six when on form).

i like this idea guys, though it may be hard to see the whole pitch marker due to the angle of the camera - i would need to test it out - but love the idea of combining that...much better than the 'arrow' system i have in place at the moment...

Yeah I did think that as I was making it. I guess you could make it a bit more garish:

Attachments

• other version.jpg
    other version.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 23
I wonder if the system could include batsmen misreading the delivery and introduce 'inaccuarcies' to the meter.

e.g for a spinner the marker indicates a big leg break but in fact the amount of spin imparted at delivery was significantly lower (assuming we can tweak the amount of revolutions at delivery!).

This could add a bit of realism, a batsmen playing for turn that wasn't there or not picking a googly?

The ball indicator could be a great tool for tweaking gameplay.

Could a similar system be introduced for line and length?

Maybe the main marker can be the larger blue circle with the angle and size of the red wedge indicating movement and the position of the origin of the wedge indicating where the ball will pitch (or the batsmen's guess as it were)....

Lots of potential in this system...

Yeah I did think that as I was making it. I guess you could make it a bit more garish:

Perhaps you could have a ray across the field. I think that's how it was in BLIC. However, this time, the ray will be smaller for better batsmen, meaning they can hit it exactly where they want to.

But that was to do with batting, not bowling like we are talking about.

I don't really think that there is any sense in having a cone marked out showing the intended direction of the shot like there is in BLIC, as any shot can pretty much go anywhere, unless it is absolutely perfectly timed, which often shots aren't. For example, an attempted off-drive can easily be turned into a shot that goes to mid-wicket if the ball hits the inside of the bat. Similarly, an on-drive that hits towards the outside edge will likely go to cover or point.

Also, with defensive shots, they rarely go in any intended direction. You don't often see the ball get patted straight back to the bowler when a defensive shot is played. More often it will drop towards the line of cover, point, mid-wicket, square leg, etc. Obviously you can deliberately drop a ball down into a certain direction (if the ball is bowled on your hip, knock it down to square leg, for example), but for a true defensive shot (blocking the ball which is going to hit off stump) the ball isn't often hit straight back towards the bowler, like it pretty much is in other games that I've played.

hey legend,i would like 2 kno whn thiz xciting game is relezing on ps2.:help
my suggestion would b 2 make this game 'lively' so tht the player feels tht this game iz very realistic!!!:)

Lazy chestnut loving the idea;)
I think it would be great especially if batsmen had different stats between spinners and pace bowlers
This would really add to authentism.
Say for example this would work by introducing a spinner early in the innings to confuse a opener who is better against pace bowlers

Last edited:
Sounds good... but then have it different for every player maybe... or its dynamic in the way that after facing a few overs they start to pick deliveries much better... but if the batsman doesnt pick like a googly then their "confidence" (what ever it will be called) can be down etc. so they arent quite sure on the next few deliveries. making the judgment less accurate.

Also wondering, is a defensive push going to be included. I hate the fact that in cricket 07 you cant play a defensive push into the gaps for a single.

cheers

stats and everything are already in place for all of this 'reading the play' stuff - but i will most likley go with some form of Lazy's suggestion in implementing the direction with the bowling cursor...

Annd yes, you can have defensive pushes.

I found some stuff I started doing ages ago with regards to getting stats off Cricinfo to update into the game. I know that this is easily implemented using some Rapid Application Development software, like Visual Basic or RealBasic, but I'm looking into a C++ implementation that could find its way into the game itself rather than being an external app.

If I were to write it in C/C++ (knowing what I currently do about your middleware choice) would it be possible to 'drop' the code in, or would it require a good amount of 'porting' and rewriting from you, LM? If the former is true, I'll get on it - if the latter is true, I'll just do it in RB/VB.

awesome work LM
keep up the great work. This will no doubt be the best cricket game out. cause i cant see codemasters or ea making one so in debt and based around creating an accurate feel of cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread