Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

i liked the blic control system. although allowing the player to choose to swing the ball away or in up the last moment was unrealistic, it meant multiplayer was better. If this couldnt happen, the batsman knows where the ball is going to pitch and adjust according making it harder to bowl. if u added custom swing, it could only be available on multiplayer on the same pc. in other cases, it wudnt really be necessary.

Control system

no_remorse28 said:
i like your idea inzi

Well thank you very much.....but still its up to Legend_master if he likes my idea then I think there is a slightly chance of adding cricket 97 controls into The cricket project. Well that was my opinion about gaming controls people will post their different views but its entirely up to LM to choose the controls for his cricket game.

p.s= and I like to hear his comments on this one. (about controls)

Inzi- Your system has one fundemental problem - how do you control the pace from what i see of that you can only bowl 2 speeds, fast and slow.

IMO The key is simplicity - That's were the rotating ball idea comes into play. Theres no need to select your delivery, you just let the ball do it's thing and worry about getting the speed right.

OK, I've been close minded b4, lemme just go through the bowling system to make it most realistic, this is what you can and cant do in real life.

PS I've only played EA 2002-2005 and BLIC

You can't control how late the swing is or what direction is goes after the ball is bowled...BAD BRIAN LARA INTERNATIONAL CRICKET

Trying to bowl really fast doesn't make you bowl fast all the time...its all bout rhythm...BAD EVERY CRICKET GAME EVER.

A no ball doesn't always happen when you try and bowl fast too much. However, bowling far from the line makes you bowl slower than normal...BAD EVERY GAME THATS INCLUDED NO BALLS.

Its hard, and impossible to bowl the ball exactly where you want it all the time...BAD EA 2002-2005 AND CODIES AND OTHER GAMES? The odd ball is completely random and horribly placed in real life.

The shortest anyone ever bowls is usually halfway down the pitch or 3/4 at the very most...BAD BRIAN LARA INTERNATIONAL CRICKET

Hoop swing like that in C2K5 should be rare and very very hard to play...BAD CRICKET 2005.

It must be harder or impossible for some than every other game to swing an ball no matter how old in either direction under 100% accuracy control

Although i have not many ideas on how swing should actually work i think my ideas are mostly all true...What do you think?

Last edited:
Good ideas there manee. 2nd one isn't all true though, if i'm out of rhythm I often just pelt a few as fast as I can and it can help me get into a rhythm

I've got only got 2 things I want in the bowling system-

The only way swing should be controlled is by the position of the shiny side.
No Arrows!

good idea inzi bhai.. but as other said it will have and pace problem. not alwys a bowler can bowl fast and accurate.

i think the best way to implant the bowling system is: a 3d bowl rotational in the graphical user interface for the user to see. and let it choose which way he want to hold the bowl. swing will vary from the ball and climate condition. so the swing is not upto the user, user wont have any any control over swing.

accuracy: the only way i can think of is having s
imilar to batting system L.M. has got which is having a zonal. red, green and blue.

instead have 5 zone

red for full including beamer
orange for half volley
green for good length
yellow for short of good length
blue for shorth length

it will work like this. a line will go up and down quickly and player has to stop that line on time to bowl in that length. good bowler lini will go sloly where as for the other part time bowler it will go up down quickly son it will make harder to choose the length.

then bowler will not have any control over line he will pitch in the area but where will depend on his accuracy statistics.

after choosing length the only control bowler has to do is pace how fast he wants to bowl and not go over the line for no ball.

wha say guys yes it may be wrong but thats what i think it should be like. give ur feedback

srk121 said:
instead have 5 zone

red for full including beamer
orange for half volley
green for good length
yellow for short of good length
blue for shorth length

it will work like this. a line will go up and down quickly and player has to stop that line on time to bowl in that length. good bowler lini will go sloly where as for the other part time bowler it will go up down quickly son it will make harder to choose the length.

then bowler will not have any control over line he will pitch in the area but where will depend on his accuracy statistics.

after choosing length the only control bowler has to do is pace how fast he wants to bowl and not go over the line for no ball.

wha say guys yes it may be wrong but thats what i think it should be like. give ur feedback
The bowler should be able to decide what line he bowls, just it will depend on his accuracy stats as to how close the bowled ball is to his line. Also, make it easy to move that marker around, because in C2004 it just goes crazy and you bowl 4 wides. How about for pace the meter gets re used, but if it goes into the red it's a no ball.

Bowling System

well, some excellent ideas here on bowling...

Inzi, I do like your ideas, but i wanted something a little bit different...and srk121 good stuff also, but not exactly what i had in mind...though certainly on the right track...Manee also made some great points which i agree on most...

here is my proposed bowling system...

if you are bowling:
---------------

Pace bowlers:
there is a graphical icon of the 3d ball which has a shiny side etc. - user can rotate this ball icon to how they want it orientated when it is bowled - as suggested, the resulting movement of the ball is randomised, influenced by various stats and other factors. There will be a bowling marker which you will position where you would like it to pitch. You can choose which kind of delivery you intend to bowl (if your bowler has a zero stat for a type of delivery then it will not be available) - normal straight, leg cutter, off cutter...then you will have a powerbar similar to the batting power bar which will determine how much 'intended speed' you want the ball to travel at. So while all of this is controllable, it is only 'intended', nothing is guaranteed...also, if you can spin and do pace then you will be offered an option of which kind you want to choose before you start...Push the button for the bowler to start runup then push again to make him bowl. If you are too late then the foot will go over the line and no ball will be called.

Spinners:
spinners will be slightly different. You will choose what kind of delivery to bowl(based on what is available to you - determined by stats over zero) - again, if you can spin and do pace then you will be offered an option of which kind you want to choose. You will then choose where you want to position the marker - this is the intended spot for where the ball will land. Push the button for the bowler to start runup then push again to make him bowl. If you are too late then the foot will go over the line and no ball will be called. A powerbar will come up and this will decide how much 'rip' you want to put in. Better bowlers will have a slower rising powerbar so you have more control over it. If it goes to the max of the red zone in the bar then the ball will be a 'loose delivery' and will be easily sloggable...this is an incentive to avoid going for too much...same applies for the pace bowlers too..basically the rule of thumb with the powerbar - for batting and bowling, is the more power/rip etc you put in (i.e. the deeper into the red zone you go) the more wayward the delivery - the more it will be NOT what you wanted or expected...

If you are batting:
--------------

when batting you will only see the marker very late (marker can be turned off in the options as well) and you will also get a 'best judgement' icon of how your batsman thinks the ball will turn, swing or seam...you wont know exactly what kind of ball the bowler is bowling or exactly where it will land..

there is always 'chaos' in all of this - nothing is ever 100% - so even Glenn Mcgrath wont get the ball in exactly the spot he wants 100% of the time.

Comments welcome, though i really like this system hehe... ;)

LM

Sounds like a great system LM. Much better then C2005 or BLIC :clap

Just one question, When we are bowling will we see more tentative pushes and prods towards swinging and seaming deliveries when the ball is new? So far in most cricket games the batsmen either blocks it or leaves.

:cheers

Cricket_60 said:
Sounds like a great system LM. Much better then C2005 or BLIC :clap

Just one question, When we are bowling will we see more tentative pushes and prods towards swinging and seaming deliveries when the ball is new? So far in most cricket games the batsmen either blocks it or leaves.

:cheers

yes..excellent suggestion..in all the cricket games..the batsman while playing
test..leaves the ball if its either pitched outside the line of the stumps and blocks it if pitched in-line..

tentative pushes will result in more edges and a bowler like mcgrath can take
advantage of his seaming ability :)

How is it going to work though for a 2-player game,i.e where both players are human.The batsman is always bound to know what sort of a delivery a bowler is bowling.

Hey LM instead of leg cutters and off cutters selection u can place wrist postion for a leg cutter and off cutter + the grip of the ball ,(just like in real cricket)
as for multiplayer question u can turn off the bowling marker as LM said

Users who are viewing this thread