Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

For the 2-player (My suggestion)

Maybe you could give the bowler an option where nobody is able to see the marker and the bowler(with experience and a fair idea),puts the ball in the spot he wants to(partly by guess,i.e moving the keys)and the batsman then hasnt much of an idea on where exactly the ball is going to be pitched.As for swing and spin,those can be hidden to and via hotkey's the bowler can hide the ball that he is going to bowl.That's the best I can think of atm.

L.M. as i have said before in my post that, bowling markers makes the batting much easier.

look into my idea at let me know please.

i will go through again L.M.

a 3d ball rotating which allow the user (who is bowling) to grip the bowl how he wants. then a pitch meter comes similar to batting meter u got L.M. but insted of 3 zone have 5 zone

red = full that include beamer
green = good length
blue = short of good length
yellow = totally short of the length
orange = between full and good length

then a line goes up and down through this zone similar to batting and where ever the bowler stop in the area bowler will bowl the bowl, but line will be depend on the statistics so that will keep the batsman guessing. so bowler might bowl on the leg side or outside of stump. swing will depend on the statistics.

as bowler start he's run up you choose how fast you want to bowl then, you have to press button again to stop bowler going over the line.

LM, never answered my questions
:crying
slade said:
that would be good, but wont the game be really slow if u have to position the wrist and seam before each ball.

got a few more questions/suggestions

for spinners, how will loop be implemented?

will the game implement dirft, which i think is caused by the rotating ball. The more revolutions on the ball, the more it drifts. i think its the opposite way to the way the ball will turn off the pitch cos shane warne dirfts the ball into the right hander before turning it away. The more revolutions u attempt to put on teh ball, the more dirft and turn but less accuracy. The ammount of revs that could be put on by the bowler, before its becomes uncontrolableis determined by the bowlers quality.

I know you are busy, but could you plz answer my question from earlier...

manee said:
Do you rekon youll be using my pace list in the game cos if u are then ill keep updating it

Another idea...for the bowling marker not appearing till later, maybe...instead of just appearing it fades in, and when a batsman has more confidence is fades in quicker so that they see the ball better.

AND...

For the complications of the batsman being able to see where the ball is gonna pitch in 2 player mode...maybe have like BLIC where you can move the marker until the final marker appears however the marker disappears just like b4...

Thanks in advance for a great cricket game

Manee

Last edited:
srk121 said:
L.M. as i have said before in my post that, bowling markers makes the batting much easier.

look into my idea at let me know please.

i will go through again L.M.

a 3d ball rotating which allow the user (who is bowling) to grip the bowl how he wants. then a pitch meter comes similar to batting meter u got L.M. but insted of 3 zone have 5 zone

red = full that include beamer
green = good length
blue = short of good length
yellow = totally short of the length
orange = between full and good length

then a line goes up and down through this zone similar to batting and where ever the bowler stop in the area bowler will bowl the bowl, but line will be depend on the statistics so that will keep the batsman guessing. so bowler might bowl on the leg side or outside of stump. swing will depend on the statistics.

as bowler start he's run up you choose how fast you want to bowl then, you have to press button again to stop bowler going over the line.

I will take this into consideration...

slade said:
LM, never answered my questions
:crying

I will try to implement drift when i put in weather effects etc....can't make any promises though...what i can promise is that different bowlers will have different flight/loop styles...

manee said:
I know you are busy, but could you plz answer my question from earlier...

Another idea...for the bowling marker not appearing till later, maybe...instead of just appearing it fades in, and when a batsman has more confidence is fades in quicker so that they see the ball better.

AND...

For the complications of the batsman being able to see where the ball is gonna pitch in 2 player mode...maybe have like BLIC where you can move the marker until the final marker appears however the marker disappears just like b4...

Thanks in advance for a great cricket game

Manee

If i can get agreement from people that it is pretty definitive then yes i will use your list...can you post a complete list (maybe start a new thread?) and we'll get some feedback...

I will also consider your 2 suggestions here....pretty good...

LM

L.M When like theres a bowling change or a new batsman etc. Do Similar Cutscenes to Channel 9 like you could do ones with the video or just the ones they used for the non Australian Teams how it has a picture of player/Team and their name in that cool looking font.

Then after that comes up put their Real Life statistics and maybe even their cricket project statistics

Here is a few things I would love to see in this game:
ONE: Australian Domestic Teams.
TWO: Contracts, (like ICC 2005)

This game is looking so good it's putting me off C2005 and I still have half a story to finish :)

If there is no limitation on how many shots u can put in, put all these in...i know its probably impossible but i think they might help.

PS. All are right hander bowling to right hander.

Defensive

Front foot straight - to an off stump or off and middle ball pitched up.
Back foot straight - "..........................................." short
Middle straight - to same line as previous two, however there is less foot movement and more chance for an edge(shot performed when you do front foot straight defensive to a shortish ball).
Front foot off side - to a ball on off or just outside pitched up
Back foot off side - (use ur common sense)
Front foot on side - to a ball on middle and leg or leg pitched up
Back foot on side - (use ur common sense)
Front foot lunge - lunge outside off and can be hit for four if it is a half volley but edges are frequent.
Back foot lunge - (common sense)

Attacking

Front foot;
Straight drive from BLIC
On drive from BLC 98
Leg glance from any EA cricket game
Sweep from any EA cricket game
Late cut from, i dont care.
Side slash from EA cricket 2005
Cover drive from EA cricket 2005

Back foot;
Straght drive from Cricket 2005 (but easier to time)
On drive from Cricket 2005 (but easier to time) with the pulls with that button press from BLIC.
Leg Glance from Cricket 2005
Hooks from Cricket 2005 (but easier to time.)
Late cut from Cricket 2002
Off drive from Cricket 2005 (but easier to time)
Cut from Cricket 2004
Cover drive from Cricket 2002

Power Boost

All I shall say is have several different
PULL SHOTS
HOOK SHOTS
LEG SIDE HOIKS
LOFTED DRIVES
IN THE AIR CUT SHOTS

Batting Meter

Instead of a confidence meter maybe just a 5 point meter as to how "in" a batsman is...bouncers and play and misses will lower this bar and any timed shot that could go for four if hit into the gap will increase it by a point.

After these five points are reached

1. Timing the ball will become alot easier

2. When the 5 points are reached then a confidence bar like from Cricket 2005 should come up.

3. The "in" bar will disappear

4. Stamina bar will come up this is 75 points.

Facing a ball will -1/4 a point
A single will -1/4 a point
Running two will -1/2 a point
Running three will -1 point
Play and miss will -1 point

It should restore by:
30 at the end of a day.
15 at the end of a session.
5 at drinks.

When this bar has no points in it the confidence bar shall deplete by any of these above points.

AND

A much more simple suggestion: A planetcricket squad that a career mode can be based on, this could really bring realisticity (love that word) to the game...nice cutscenes...all the small details will be right...itd generally just be great...IMO a planetcricket squad career mode will be better than any other suggestion I have made

Manee

Last edited:
I like ur batting meter idea
GOOD
same could be use for balling and when it fill the accuracy of the ball increase and computer its self give us hint to pitch the ball instead of special balls and if we pitched on that position the ball moves or jump etc

Last edited:
personally i dont like the idea of special balls because it not happen so we can use that idea of computer hints 2-3 positions to pitch the ball and if we pitched the ball moves or jump or stay low ,so eliminated unrealilty of special balls and provide realistic bowiling

manee said:
A much more simple suggestion: A planetcricket squad that a career mode can be based on, this could really bring realisticity (love that word) to the game...nice cutscenes...all the small details will be right...itd generally just be great...IMO a planetcricket squad career mode will be better than any other suggestion I have made

Manee

I love that idea! Perhaps we could go a Pro Evo-type way, you could choose to -
a Start in the Planetcricket team
b Start in a real domestic side
c Start in the PC side but buy x (probably 2/3) real players

And in the PC team if e.g. JK16_4 is doing well we get more bats to use :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Small details like that would make the career mode wicked

Users who are viewing this thread