Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Maybe you could have a pes style system. Every match, you get points depending on your performance and these can be spent on a shop to unlock items. Maybe have a password to have unlimited points. In the shop, you could have:
classic teams, players, kits etc. I think there should be classic/all time greatest team for each test nation which could be unlocked at once or player by player.

If you want LM, i can start collecting data and possible line ups for the classic/all time greatest teams

slade said:
Maybe you could have a pes style system. Every match, you get points depending on your performance and these can be spent on a shop to unlock items. Maybe have a password to have unlimited points. In the shop, you could have:
classic teams, players, kits etc. I think there should be classic/all time greatest team for each test nation which could be unlocked at once or player by player.

If you want LM, i can start collecting data and possible line ups for the classic/all time greatest teams

BTW I think that classic sides would be better than all time because its weird seeing Botham playing with Compton etc. :cool:

It would be good to see more from the umpires with things like whether the balled carried and such. It would also be nice if each country could have the sponsored screens which say not out or out.

Drewska said:
It would be good to see more from the umpires with things like whether the balled carried and such. It would also be nice if each country could have the sponsored screens which say not out or out.
And their own stumps, pitchads etc!

Also l.m Will there be a feature as when you play exhibition to choose which umpiries you want?? and when playing comp it says which umpires you have.

Like when you do faces do different umpire faces like the ones on the ICC cricket website.

Last edited:
FROM the BBC website regarding the LBW rule to help LM implement it

BBC said:
Question One - Was this a Fair Delivery?

It is easy to overlook this question, but if the answer to it is 'no', the umpire can call a no ball and not bother to ask himself anything else. If the bowler was within his ground5 when he released the ball and had his arm straight throughout, chances are that it was a fair delivery, and the umpire can move on to question two.

Question Two - Would the Ball Have Gone on to Hit the Wicket if the Batsman's Legs Hadn't Got in the Way?

This question is truly the nub of LBW. If the ball wasn't heading for the wicket, then it can't have hit the leg before the wicket. It wasn't going to hit the wicket at all. Thus a ball that was going to the left or right of the wicket is not out, as is one that hit the batsman in what are, in polite cricketing circles, known as the batsman's goolies, because the ball would have gone over the wicket.

Incidentally, if the ball actually did hit the wicket after the pads (provided it dislodged a bail), then not out LBW. Not that this matters in any real terms, since the batsman is out 'bowled'. Bowled always takes precedence over LBW. It follows from this that the 'before' in LBW means 'in front of' rather than 'and then'.

Question Three - Did the Ball Hit the Batsman's Legs on a Line between the Two Wickets?

One might think this to be a rather irrelevant question. Its purpose is the same as that of the LBW rule itself - to prevent negative play by the batsman. If he moves away from the wicket area, he isn't likely to be batting too defensively, and so is offered an incentive for positive play as it decreases his chance of dismissal.

This question cannot stand alone. Just moving one's legs does not, on its own, constitute positive play, so in the event of a 'no' answer to question three, the umpire must ask himself question four.

Question Four - Was the Batsman Attempting to Play a Stroke at the Ball when it Hit Him?

This question only needs to be asked if 'no' was the answer to question three. If the umpire thinks 'Yes, he was attempting a stroke', then not out. If he thinks 'No, he wasn't', then the umpire must carry on with his questions. Again, encouraging positive play is the intention.

Question Five - Did the Ball Pitch (bounce) outside the Line of Leg Stump?

Most of the LBW rule is to discourage negative play among batsmen. Question Five's purpose is to discourage it among bowlers. The wicket, not the legs, is the bowler's target, and is all he must aim for. So, if the answer is 'yes', then not out. If it is 'no', then one final question remains. (The leg stump is the one nearest to the batsman's legs (given that he stands sideways). It is sometimes referred to as the on stump, as the one furthest from the batsman's legs is called the off stump.)

Question Six - Did the Ball Hit the Bat, or Gloves Holding the Bat, before Hitting the Batsman's Pads?

The bat must be the first line of defence for the batsman. But it does not have to be his second. If the batsman has hit the ball, but it appears to be heading for the wicket, then he can kick it away if he wants, or even tap it away with his bat6. So a 'yes' answer here means not out, and a 'no' answer completes the list of questions. The umpire can raise his finger (the index finger), and give the batsman out.

A Recap

The batsman may be given out if the string of answers is:

Yes, yes, yes, no, no.
Or:

Yes, yes, no, no, no, no.
The potential for borderline decisions is great. The bowler could have been just outside his ground. The ball could have hit the batsman just outside the line of the two wickets, pitched just outside leg stump, or glanced the faintest edge of the bat on the way through to the pads. Questions two and four are subjective. They depend on what the umpire thinks, not what he knows (or even thinks he knows).

Hawkeye

Modern technology can now make umpires look stupid. Replays have always been able to show that some decisions were obviously wrong, but we can now know that more are wrong than ever before. Channel 4 took over cricket coverage in Britain in the mid-1990s and immediately introduced a number of innovations. The 'red area' can be imposed on a pitch to show precisely where the line between wickets is. A shot of the wicket can be imposed on the image of the batsman to show whereabouts on the wicket the ball was heading.

Since the path of the ball is pre programmed into the game, then wouldnt a HAWKEYE system be easy to implement

BTW I think the human reaction time is 0.7s, that might help with the bowling pace.

The furthest short EVER a bowler bowls it is 3/4 down the wicket even at extreme pace the most that would do is be a moderate bouncer and thats only at extreme pace.

A new proposed feature is a throw speed-o-meter to see how fast the throw is aswell as maybe implementing:

Super slow mo
Run out ruler
Snicometer
Hawkeye
Dartfish.

And just for reference for any stats or photos...http://www.cricinfo.com is really good for all that stuff

Update: Check my pace list, its now a roster for almost all teams...

LM, what about a 20-20 world cup...it seems like it is going to happen in England in 2009.

cricinfo said:
Twenty20 cricket is set to become an official part of the ICC international calendar from 2007 onwards - and England could be named as hosts of the inaugural world championship in 2009 - after a deal was struck on the second day of the ICC executive board meeting in Dubai.

There had been much scope for disagreement before the meeting, with the powerful Indian board especially sceptical about a form of the game that has drawn massive crowds across the globe since its inception in 2003.

But with India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh keen to make a belated submission to host the fifty-over World Cup in 2011, the opportunity arose for a compromise to be reached. As a result, the Asian bloc have been given until April 21 to make their hosting submission for 2011, and England in the meantime have set their sights on hosting the first mandatory Twenty20 tournament in 2009.

"There was potential for an impasse on these two issues with several of our members holding strong views," admitted Ehsan Mani, ICC's president, "but this approach has allowed us to map out a way forward on these important topics to try and reach consensus. The programme of ICC events from 2007 to 2015 will now be considered again in April."

The deals were put forward as the ICC thrashed out its package of events for 2007 to 2015. Under the new arrangement, there will be a major event every year, with a shorter eight-nation Champions Trophy set to take place on a biennial basis from 2008.

An invitational twenty-over tournament has been pencilled in for next year but, as a demonstration of their willingness to host the Twenty20 tournament, and to win over the Asian bloc, England have proposed to withdraw their application to stage the 2015 World Cup, and will instead bid for 2019. Australasia and Asia are now the two regions in the reckoning for the forthcoming World Cups in 2011 and 2015.

? Cricinfo

Last edited:
I dont know if anyone's mentioned these.

1. Will there be proper sledging, not like the attempt of sledging on cricket 2005. I mean like when the bowler throws the ball back at the batsman after a delievery is defended back to the bowler. I hope you know what I mean, it happens a lot in cricket.

2. What will be the Tv Overlay, will you be able to have sky sports if it is a match in England and Channel 9 if a match in Australia and so on.

It would be cool like in the sub-continent in the morning it's hazy and hard to see and clears up after a few overs.

PhilD123 said:
I dont know if anyone's mentioned these.

1. Will there be proper sledging, not like the attempt of sledging on cricket 2005. I mean like when the bowler throws the ball back at the batsman after a delievery is defended back to the bowler. I hope you know what I mean, it happens a lot in cricket.

2. What will be the Tv Overlay, will you be able to have sky sports if it is a match in England and Channel 9 if a match in Australia and so on.
1 Not sure, don't think its been mentioned before. It would add some extra realism into the game though

2 There will be a default overlay and you can change between different ones.

Drewska said:
It would be cool like in the sub-continent in the morning it's hazy and hard to see and clears up after a few overs.

yeah, i plan to have this ;)

RabbleRouser said:
1 Not sure, don't think its been mentioned before. It would add some extra realism into the game though

2 There will be a default overlay and you can change between different ones.

1 - sledging is not out of the question...not a massively important feature IMO but it would be cool to have...

2 - yep, that's 99% likely how it will be

Why not Use Commercial Game Engines to Create TCP

hey legend_master

i had a small question?

why aren't you using commercial game engines like Renderware to develop TCP,
maybe i suppose that by using Renderware you can create Stadiums & player models quickly coz this engine is used by big corps like Rockstar Games to build GTA Series & was used by EA Sports for Cricket 2004,

is the reason that it is a commercial engine & will be expensive to buy? is that the reason u are refraining from using or is that a Custom Created 3D Game Engine offers more options for tweaking & Customization rather than a commercial engine so is it the reason why u have build a custom engine from scratch...

Pls dont be offended, i am just asking this out of curiosity....The Custom Engine & overall look for TCP Rocks....when compared to the earlier Cricket Games released by EA Sports & Codemasters.

-=Maverick_12210=-

I am not sure if anybody suggested this earlier.There must be white pegions sitting on Australian Grounds like Perth.When the ball is hit towards them they must fly away.

maverick_12210 said:
hey legend_master

i had a small question?

why aren't you using commercial game engines like Renderware to develop TCP,
maybe i suppose that by using Renderware you can create Stadiums & player models quickly coz this engine is used by big corps like Rockstar Games to build GTA Series & was used by EA Sports for Cricket 2004,

is the reason that it is a commercial engine & will be expensive to buy? is that the reason u are refraining from using or is that a Custom Created 3D Game Engine offers more options for tweaking & Customization rather than a commercial engine so is it the reason why u have build a custom engine from scratch...

Pls dont be offended, i am just asking this out of curiosity....The Custom Engine & overall look for TCP Rocks....when compared to the earlier Cricket Games released by EA Sports & Codemasters.

-=Maverick_12210=-

yeah, good question. The reason is simple...Commercial engines cost a lot, Renderware is not free ;) Second reason is if i did choose one of those id be limited to their constraints. Doing my own way gives me the total freedom i needed to achieve the results i was after.

LM

kuttakumar said:
I am not sure if anybody suggested this earlier.There must be white pegions sitting on Australian Grounds like Perth.When the ball is hit towards them they must fly away.

hmmm...not too sure just how essential this one is lol ;)

One more thing.I do not know if anyone posted this before.There are some cricketer's like Andrew Symonds and Sachin Tendulkar who bowls both medium pace and spin.So there must be peovisions in the game for them to bowl both types.

kuttakumar said:
One more thing.I do not know if anyone posted this before.There are some cricketer's like Andrew Symonds and Sachin Tendulkar who bowls both medium pace and spin.So there must be peovisions in the game for them to bowl both types.

yep, this is catered for.

Users who are viewing this thread