Super 8: 13th Match NZ v Ireland

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We should win, but you never know. Ireland are a pretty good team, they are easily the most consistant associate team in the world. There bowling shouldn't really be to difficult for our batsmen but if Vettori doesn't play then I would give them a decent chance. Our seamers have been very poor in the warmups and in the game against Scotland. If New Zealand were to make anymore then 160 then I would think the game would be over.

King Cricket

International Coach
NZ should win this. Upsets don't happen everyday, Ireland still remains a weak team, and the thing is, the Kiwis are a class apart from the Irish when it comes to cricket. Still, the game's name is T-20......

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The last time NZ played Ireland in an ODI was the game where McCullum and Marshall smashed 160+ each with Taylor also hitting a 24ball half century...A T20 shouldn't have a very different outcome...

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
New Zealand should win, even with their reserve players. But they really need to send in some players, otherwhile they might get in trouble with the other two major teams.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
This could be a tricky game for us with so many players injured, both Ryder and Taylor are not playing today and Vettori could also still be out.

nz0003

International Cricketer
I just read the preview for the NZ vs Ireland game on cricinfo and it said:

"while Ross Taylor's hamstring has forced the selectors to rest him"

But then it had him in the likely line up?:

1 Brendon McCullum (capt), 2 Martin Guptil, 3 Ross Taylor, 4 Neil Broom, 5 Jacob Oram, 6 Scott Styris, 7 Peter McGlashan (wk), 8 Nathan McCullum, 9 James Franklin, 10 Ian Butler, 11 Kyle Mills

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
God I hope Diremanti isn't playing, is there any chance Aaron Redmond can play tonight?

nz0003

International Cricketer
Wouldn't think so, they have to prove Ryder's injury is serious, I reckon we should bat Franklin at 3.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Why would they have to prove Ryder?s injury is serious, Australia was able to bring in White and Symonds wasn?t even injured. And to Franklin batting at three, NO

nz0003

International Cricketer
Why would they have to prove Ryder?s injury is serious, Australia was able to bring in White and Symonds wasn?t even injured. And to Franklin batting at three, NO

I dunno ay, I just read it somewhere else.

Who else should we bat at 3?

Users who are viewing this thread