Warm up matches

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yus yus we are cruising.

Leggie added 9 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

I've changed me mind on Rohit Sharma. I now think he's sexy.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Correction: Pakistan aren't even trying.

The Pakistani spin bowling Dep. looks ordinary to say the least.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Rohit is playing with the bowlers now.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well played England! From a stuttering, stumbling performance against Scotland to a magnificent, ruthless and devastating performance against West Indies, especially Luke Wright and Bopara!

God help Netherlands tomorrow if we play like that again...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well played England! From a stuttering, stumbling performance against Scotland to a magnificent, ruthless and devastating performance against West Indies, especially Luke Wright and Bopara!

God help Netherlands tomorrow if we play like that again...
Yeah, the Netherlands will have missed the game. :p The tournament starts on Friday. ;)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I thought that Key would open the innings for England. Why was Luke Wright opening? Does England need to see again how he fails? By reading the scorecard, the England win doesn't sound impressive. Maybe they will be better tested tomorrow by West Indies.

Netherlands will be playing tomorrow against Scotland. So somehow a comparison can be made with the England vs Scotland match.

And the Netherlands won by 7 wickets with 3 balls remaining: Neth 130/3 (19.3 ov, DLS van Bunge 4*, CM Wright 1/35) - Match over | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com They lost a wicket in the final over otherwhile it would have been 8 wickets.

And India really should stick with Rohit Sharma as opener. It's working out well for them.

I am surprised that England won that convincingly: Eng 145/1 (14.4 ov, LJ Wright 75*, KP Pietersen 4*, DJ Bravo 0/23) - Match over | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

But I am guessing now the openers will be Bopara and Wright.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Wonderful win for India! Such a big win (its a thrashing with 3 overs to go and 9 wickets in hand) will definitely help the team to get into their flow. The bowlers did a good job today although Pakistan really gifted us with the wickets. There is some kind of a mental block for Pakistan when it comes to playing India in a world cup match (warmups included).:p Anyways, I am happy that the usual cracking atmosphere for India-Pakistan cricket is back, which is very good news (although I think it could be because of the recent tensions which have surfaced again).

Gambhir has got back his form, Rohit Sharma is turning out to be a REVELATION! Where do we play him? Open with him, or revert him back to No.6? Sehwag cant be believed upon to consistently give these kind of starts. But a guy like Rohit would be terrific when we have to finish a tight game (where we might need 11+ runs per over). THIS IS A REAL DILEMMA! But I am very happy with it. Hope for India to retain the trophy! Jai Ho!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Rohit Sharma needs to open. Either Sehwag or Gambhir needs to open with him. I would say let Rohit Sharma open with Sehwag.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Taking Sharma away from the middle order could weaken it when they need the hitter but his form is hard to go past. Sehwag probably will have to slot in the middle order now. Gambhir finally hitting some form so that part of the puzzle is sorted.

Funny enough India's first 3 bowlers were their weak point. I'm guessing they are saving Sharama for the group stages as he should definitely get a bowl.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Fantastic knock by R Sharma...India achieved the target in 17 overs! Sharmais in good touch...

Users who are viewing this thread