Warm up matches

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good to see Gambhir getting few runs,he got to 50 yesterday...he needs to get his rhythem back before actual WC starts...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Taking Sharma away from the middle order could weaken it when they need the hitter but his form is hard to go past. Sehwag probably will have to slot in the middle order now. Gambhir finally hitting some form so that part of the puzzle is sorted.

Funny enough India's first 3 bowlers were their weak point. I'm guessing they are saving Sharama for the group stages as he should definitely get a bowl.

Zaheer should slot back into the team whenever he is ready. Ishant Sharma by virtue of his performance in the warmup games is a SURESHOT starter. The other bowling slot should be fought between Irfan, RP and Praveen (Irfan might win it seeing the pasting RP has got in both games and I am more confident about Irfan because he gets the wickets these days in T20's and he is more than a handy hitter at the bottom). I think our bowling should be good enough.

This would be the team

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Rohit Sharma
Yusuf Pathan
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma

I pushed Rohit back down because I feel he will be really handy in tense situations. His IPL experience would do him a world of good at such situations. I prefer him there.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Nothing to rejoice about just a practice game, hope this continues and we Bring back the cup!

Gauti :hpraise

AANE DE !! :happy

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Zaheer should slot back into the team whenever he is ready. Ishant Sharma by virtue of his performance in the warmup games is a SURESHOT starter. The other bowling slot should be fought between Irfan, RP and Praveen (Irfan might win it seeing the pasting RP has got in both games and I am more confident about Irfan because he gets the wickets these days in T20's and he is more than a handy hitter at the bottom). I think our bowling should be good enough.

This would be the team

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
MS Dhoni
Suresh Raina
Yuvraj Singh
Rohit Sharma
Yusuf Pathan
Irfan Pathan
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma

I pushed Rohit back down because I feel he will be really handy in tense situations. His IPL experience would do him a world of good at such situations. I prefer him there.

Can't complain with that lineup. Possibly move Sharma back up if Sehwag fails.
Ishant has improved majorly compared to his IPL performances, just a shame for KKR who could have used this Sharma

Gurjot95

National Board President
Again Ind and Pak meets in WC and again India wins:happy. I hope the same continous in future. India are now back in form of winning and I hope they pass the group stage matches easily. "Yeh Cup Kahi Nahi Jayega"

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Again Ind and Pak meets in WC and again India wins:happy. I hope the same continous in future. India are now back in form of winning and I hope they pass the group stage matches easily. "Yeh Cup Kahi Nahi Jayega"
You reckon it will stay in England?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
One of the reason I hate watching England, extremely inconsistant. We struggle to beat Scotland one day then convincingly beat the West Indies another. I think England have a chance of being the black horses of the competition or shall lose to the Netherlands and crash out which one is any ones guess.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
:p

Feeling a little nervous now KP.

Not anymore. :D

We'll beat the Netherlands with ease now I reckon, and if Pakistan continue to play like they did against India, we'll beat them as well. Just a shame we're not going to get through the Super 8's, be an absolute miracle if we do.

deerkick

Club Cricketer
Not anymore. :D

We'll beat the Netherlands with ease now I reckon, and if Pakistan continue to play like they did against India, we'll beat them as well. Just a shame we're not going to get through the Super 8's, be an absolute miracle if we do.

Stop being such a negative nancy!

I think Bopara can single handedly play an amazing innings which could thrust England into the semis.

Arunava

Club Captain

don't agree with this theory at all. Rohit is not that sort of player. this is exactly what was done to him in ODI's and he failed consistently and every member was so annoyed with Rohit, many calling him Nohit, etc. when I always said the only reason he is failing because he is batting so low. You are expecting something against his style of batting.

Now suddenly so many fans of him. . though it is for T20s and I know he is not criticized in this form but still Rohit needs to play as early as possible. He would be gud as an opener but we already have good opening combo and put rohit at 1 down in all short forms of cricket.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
It wasn't a world cup match ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah, but India and Pakistan don't do warmups, do they? ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Stop being such a negative nancy!

I think Bopara can single handedly play an amazing innings which could thrust England into the semis.

Agreed! Bopara is in the form of his life and Lukey boy isn't far behind either.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Not a bad display by the Irish. SA have their opening combo well and truely sorted. And JP was very handy with the ball.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
don't agree with this theory at all. Rohit is not that sort of player. this is exactly what was done to him in ODI's and he failed consistently and every member was so annoyed with Rohit, many calling him Nohit, etc. when I always said the only reason he is failing because he is batting so low. You are expecting something against his style of batting.

Now suddenly so many fans of him. . though it is for T20s and I know he is not criticized in this form but still Rohit needs to play as early as possible. He would be gud as an opener but we already have good opening combo and put rohit at 1 down in all short forms of cricket.

Rohit has been very useful in T20's lower down the order. He finds it tough in ODI's because he doesnt know how well to accelerate. In T20's, he knows that the ultimate goal is to get as much runs as possible in the short time.

He is a cool head, and he can hit the big shots very easily. He should bat at No.5 or 6 in T20's. Maybe he can bat at No.3 in ODI's if possible.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
'Complacency India's biggest enemy' | Comments | Cricinfo Talk | Cricinfo.com

:rolleyes:

Ian Chappell sounds like a idoit during that interview. He goes on about how good Australia is and pretty much says that don't have any faults, then quickly snips in the bit about how there batsmen haven't been playing spin too well.

If you can't play spin too well in 20/20 cricket your not going to have a very good team. Then he starts going on about India and how players like Raina and Sharma are such good 20/20 players and if Sehwag picks it up India will be unstoppable, which sounds like a fair statment except Sharma hasn't really done anything at the international level.

And to finish it off he says New Zealand are lucky to be in the easy pool becasue we don't look to flash, he says McCullum :eek: and Vettori are our only consistent players......McCullum consistent you say. :rolleyes:

Chappell then goes on too say players like Guptill, Ryder and Taylor should be able to support McCullum and if he comes off we could be alright. Does this guy actually watch cricket, Taylor is our best 20/20 player by a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread