Super 8: 16th Match India v WI

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Gayle struggles against spin and i wouldn't be surprised if Ojha or Bhajji or any spinners opens the bowling.

Exactly. Gayle really struggles against spin, and if Ojha and Vajji can get him early, ......I'll kiss them. :p Gayle gone- game over, specially if WI is chasing.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Don't be this sure. If Gayle gets to some start, then it can be dangerous for India. We all know how "terrific" our bowlers are when it comes to slog over bowling, and in batting- we are heavily dependant on Rohit Sharma and a few others which can work against us. If we fail to stop Gayle early today, if they post something huge, and in reply if we lose two/three quick wickets- it will be just doom for us.
Thats why I said 'If Zaheer strikes early' ;which means if Zaheer gets Gayle out soon.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
It is somewhat like that, as after Gayle...I'm not dis-agreeing, they have some extremely talented players, but apart from Bravo and Gayle, most of them aren't capable of "long-playing". They just go there, hit a few, then play some stupid shot and get back to the pavillion. And our bowling line up is a bit better than the West Indies. Zaheer has returned now, and he's simply on fire, then Ishant, Vajji, Irfan (if he plays), Yusuf- so many good bowlers. Just that we are leaking too many runs in the death overs and we need to check that. Otherwise our bowling is fine.

It's 20/20 cricket, of course some players aren't going to bat all day. I think you're forgetting about Chanderpaul, Sarwan and Bravo. They are all very capable of scoring quickly.

Oh and LOL at saying Yusuf Pathan is a good bowler.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly. Gayle really struggles against spin, and if Ojha and Vajji can get him early, ......I'll kiss them. :p Gayle gone- game over, specially if WI is chasing.

No he doesn?t, I?ve seen Gayle play some real good innings while facing top class spinners. In New Zealand he was able to deal with Vettori pretty easily.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Yusuf is more like a medium pacer bowling some turning ones.Hes quicker in the air and can bring in the yorkers at the right time.Hes quite a handy bowler imo.

King Cricket

International Coach
West Indies have more batsman than just Gayle. Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Simmons, Fletcher, Bravo, Ramdin

Sarwan and Shiv are a bit slow, and neither Simmons, nor Fletcher nor Ramdin is capable of "long-playing" as I'm continuously pointing out. Another thing, most of them are lack experience, it is the first "India-match" for most youngsters of the team- that too can work against them. Yes, they must have done some homeworks, they must have seen video-footages and everything, but seeing videos of your enemy and facing your enemy directly- these two are quite different. And India also has a long batting line-up. We have a very very strong opening pair as well. If they get to a start, then no target will look impossible. (There are some really big IFs though)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Sarwan and Shiv are a bit slow, and neither Simmons, nor Fletcher nor Ramdin is capable of "long-playing" as I'm continuously pointing out. Another thing, most of them are lack experience, it is the first "India-match" for most youngsters of the team- that too can work against them. Yes, they must have done some homeworks, they must have seen video-footages and everything, but seeing videos of your enemy and facing your enemy directly- these two are quite different. And India also has a long batting line-up. We have a very very strong opening pair as well. If they get to a start, then no target will look impossible. (There are some really big IFs though)

Why would playing India for the first time be daunting for the younger players?

King Cricket

International Coach
Oh and LOL at saying Yusuf Pathan is a good bowler.

Nothing to LOL. Yusuf can be a pretty handy bowler in the middle overs, when your other spinners are leaking a lot of runs.

Anyway, the game hasn't started yet. Instead of arguing now, let's just wait.

My ratings

A better team

1. West Indies- 7
2. India- 8

Chance of winning

1. India- 55%
2. West Indies- 45%

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Nothing to LOL. Yusuf can be a pretty handy bowler in the middle overs, when your other spinners are leaking a lot of runs.

Anyway, the game hasn't started yet. Instead of arguing now, let's just wait.

My ratings

A better team

1. West Indies- 7
2. India- 8

Chance of winning

1. India- 55%
2. West Indies- 45%

Yeah handy, not good. And btw where did you come up with those ratings?

King Cricket

International Coach
Why would playing India for the first time be daunting for the younger players?

Because of the pressure, and everything. If you play against, say Ricky Punter and Co for the first time, will you not feel anything? Also, most of them are not that aware of the style in which our batsmen play, in which our bowlers ball, or rather our approach towards the game. Yeah, they must have seen videos and done homeworks accordingly, but fighting with your directly enemy and seeing your enemy fight on TV- these two are quite different. Add to this pressure. Pressure to perform. Pressure because you are playing against such a big-name team. Pressure because if you lose, then you'll enter a do or die stage. Most of them are just youngsters, and it will be difficult for them to handle all these things. I hope you get my point.

Anyway, leave this.

King Cricket added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Yeah handy, not good. And btw where did you come up with those ratings?

My own ratings. I think like that. Any prob?

naresh091

International Cricketer
@King Cricket: Mate,if you go by that strategy, why wont the Indian youngsters feel the same pressure facing the Windies for the first time in a T20?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Most of them are just youngsters

Gayle, Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Ramdin, Taylor, Edwards, Bravo and even Benn have all played a lot of international cricket so you can't call them youngters. Actaully I would like to ask you this, have a look at the Indian team. How many of them have faced Edwards and Taylor on a pitch with pace and bounce?

Let's see how the youngters of the Indian team go on this pitch, because they wouldn't see too many of these back home.

King Cricket

International Coach
@King Cricket: Mate,if you go by that strategy, why wont the Indian youngsters feel the same pressure facing the Windies for the first time in a T20?

When did I deny that? They will, you can't do anything about it. That's the thing about cricket.

King Cricket added 8 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Actaully I would like to ask you this, have a look at the Indian team. How many of them have faced Edwards and Taylor on a pitch with pace and bounce?

Taylor I'm ont sure, but Edwards, well, thanks to the IPL, some of them have. Specially Rohit Sharma. :cool:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
When did I deny that? They will, you can't do anything about it. That's the thing about cricket.

King Cricket added 8 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Taylor I'm ont sure, but Edwards, well, thanks to the IPL, some of them have. Specially Rohit Sharma. :cool:

I didn't watch too much of the IPL, but from what I saw of it those pitches didn't have as much bounce as the one they will play on today.

Users who are viewing this thread