Symonds racially abused vs India 5th ODI

he didnt deserve it sorry. he needs to stop sooking. get over it and play some gud cricket.

"Play Some Good Cricket" Are you jooking :rolleyes: Cant u see what he has done with Indian lineups :rolleyes: Do u understand cricket :p

How the crowd meant it doesn't have much importance. It is shameful behaviour. There is no place for racism in sport regardless of whether the perpetrators of the offence meant it in a racist way or not.

well i guess you can also look at it like the aussies getting a taste of their own medicine

maybe now the aussie fans will stop too
Stop doing what? Booing Murali? Because Iam pretty sure thats what your going to bring up. Its not racial, its because he throws.

Jeez, some of you Indian fans are just so jealous - I love it;)

I hate Indian Cricket fans. Some of them are absolute twats, idiots and some of them are thoughtful smart people who love the game. But its the people like these at the game that get to me. I hate racism, I have experienced it, I know what it feels like and its not acceptable. Its disgusting and something better be done - this is just not acceptable at all.

And any Indians who say "Shut up Hooper, Australian crowds are just as bad", are wrong, we may sledge opposition players on the field but we aren't racist - Monty Panesar is an example.

Haha. You know what? This is the first incident of racism you have heard come out of Indian crowds. We have heard several cases come from Aussie crowds and Australians themselves vouch for it. If racism is the criteria, Aussie crowds aren't just as bad. They are far worse.

Maybe you should stop your biased hatred towards Indian crowds for the reasons you talk about and direct it towards Ausse crowds if you really do stand by the reasons you have mentioned.

Cheers.

Haha. You know what? This is the first incident of racism you have heard come out of Indian crowds. We have heard several cases come from Aussie crowds and Australians themselves vouch for it. If racism is the criteria, Aussie crowds aren't just as bad. They are far worse.

Maybe you should stop your biased hatred towards Indian crowds for the reasons you talk about and direct it towards Ausse crowds if you really do stand by the reasons you have mentioned.

Cheers.
What cases of come from Australia? That are "Racist" Go on... name some since they are "far worse". I would like to hear them and a good detailed post of what happened. Do that and I will close my mouth about Indian fans. This will be interesting.

What cases of come from Australia? That are "Racist" Go on... name some since they are "far worse". I would like to hear them and a good detailed post of what happened. Do that and I will close my mouth about Indian fans. This will be interesting.

Link.

You have not heard of racism issues in Australian crowds? WOW. Obviously the South African cricketers were lying and so was James Sutherland:

"It's embarrassing for Australian cricket that we are put in a position where this review has been implemented,".

Another link.

During the Test series with South Africa and the current one-day VB Series that also features Sri Lanka, every single one of Australia's major grounds has experienced similar racial abuse.

Sri Lanka did not formally complain at the Adelaide Oval when their players were abused, but five offenders were identified and swiftly ejected from the ground.

Maybe you will shut up now? Or will you come up with some new twist darling?

Haha. You know what? This is the first incident of racism you have heard come out of Indian crowds.

A while back in the Wisden cricketer they had English players with an Indian/Pakistani background, Min Patel, Bopara, Shah, Mahmood, etc. And about 3 of the 6 or so interviewed said they'd recieved racial abuse out in India/Pakistan.

Racism happens all over the world, not a single country isn't affected by it. Some places are worse, some are better but all have it.

How about this or this or Monty Panesar being called a Stupid Indian?
Just a few I found with a quick search.
You must be obviously joking if you are saying that there hasn't been a single racist incident from Australia. I still maintain that although it was bad behavior by the fans and they should have been banned and arrested but being racist wasn't the intent of the Indian fans.

Last edited:
A while back in the Wisden cricketer they had English players with an Indian/Pakistani background, Min Patel, Bopara, Shah, Mahmood, etc. And about 3 of the 6 or so interviewed said they'd recieved racial abuse out in India/Pakistan.

Racism happens all over the world, not a single country isn't affected by it. Some places are worse, some are better but all have it.

This is the first time I have heard of racism from Indian crowds. In my 16 years of watching cricket, I haven't seen or even heard one incident of racism in Indian crowds before this. Doesn't mean if and when it does occur, even in India, it shouldn't be dealt with firmly.

Just to clarify Hooper, no one (well almost no one) is saying that Aussies should cop racial abuse just because their crowds dish it out, rather Pratyush was pointing out your (seemingly) hypocritical post that lambasted Indian fans for one incident and then going on to defend Australian fans vehemently when they have much worse track record.

How the crowd meant it doesn't have much importance. It is shameful behaviour. There is no place for racism in sport regardless of whether the perpetrators of the offence meant it in a racist way or not.

I still maintain that although it was bad behavior by the fans and they should have been banned and arrested but being racist wasn't the intent of the Indian fans.

Pretty much agreed with Pratyush's post there. Regardless of whether they meant it or not the fact of the matter is that it was offensive to black people. I once called a black person a negro when I first moved here in the US. It was ignorant of me because I didn't know it was racist but it doesn't make it less racist.

Last edited:
I wasn't basing it all on skin colour, I said "facial features".

Which is hardly any different. Facial features are as much a phenotypical trait as anything else. Some Indians have what are 'stereotypical' Africanized traits. Still I don't think it's fair to use that as an argument.

Hooper, as poster I respect you, but some double standards are definitely in play here. I don't really feel Symonds was racially abused, as much as he was abused by unfair taunts. That should be the real argument IMHO.

He does deserve an appology for that, but not on 'racial' grounds.

Last edited:
How old are you? 11? 12?

...Anyways, it's my opinion. Don't like it, ignore it.

It's my way of saying Symonds shouldn't sweat over what a few subcontinent fans say. At the end of the day, his the man on the field and their the ones behind a fence.

Cricketman93

Figure it out.
What does my age have to do with anything, even?
Just because i'm young it means I can't be hurt if my country gets put in a lower light then yours? What is that if not a racist post?

And we shouldn't really care what Symonds says. If Symonds doesn't like it, he should ignore it. Follow Ben's advice, eh?

My opinion. Don't like it, ignore it.

Last edited:
I think it is sad that in our PC (politically correct) society, one can make abuse acceptable by saying it was not on prejudicial grounds.

Why does racism have to come into sport eh? Aussies give banter on the pitch, not abuse. That is what the Aussies are best known for. Sledging. Sledging is not as bad as "Racial abuse"

Users who are viewing this thread