T20 World Cup 2012

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yuvi's return will be a strength for our Indian cricket squad in WC T20.

Yeah. But at the same time I am wondering - Is Yuvraj fully fit enough to meet the demands of International Standards of Cricket?...that too here it is the slam-bang version...

A couple of months back when he appeared for the training sessions....he felt tired after 15 minutes itself & had to walk off.....however he told that he would be increasing his training sessions by 15 minutes everyday so as to be fully vitalized to meet the demands.....

Dont know....how is his stamina,strength,power now.....

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Yuvi's return will be a strength for our Indian cricket squad in WC T20.

I hope he is fit enough to thrash the bowlers and field for 20 overs.

----------

Cameron White is a welcome inclusion to the Australian team but I've no idea why the selectors choose Bailey over much better players like Finch, Birt and Quiney to name a few. Players that I mentioned are very good at hitting the ball and I see no reason why they should not be in the team.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah. But at the same time I am wondering - Is Yuvraj fully fit enough to meet the demands of International Standards of Cricket?...that too here it is the slam-bang version...

A couple of months back when he appeared for the training sessions....he felt tired after 15 minutes itself & had to walk off.....however he told that he would be increasing his training sessions by 15 minutes everyday so as to be fully vitalized to meet the demands.....

Dont know....how is his stamina,strength,power now.....

I am confident that Yuvraj should be fully fit enough to perform at close to his full potential. That was a couple of months back. 2 months is a long time to get the energy and strength back to perform at international level.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Its not easy to come out of cancer and get back into professional cricket. As I have mentioned earlier, the selectors seem to have erred in his selection. I still feel, he should have gotten into some form in the domestic arena and only then should have been welcomed back into the fold.
No matter whether he has hit 6 sixes in an over or it matters not whether he has turned many a match on its feet. I would have wanted him to show some form and then be selected meritoriously.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
With that said, he still does have an opportunity to 'find' his form, 2 T20s against NZ. You could argue that it's T20 and he'll only bat 10 or so overs combined, but it's still better than nothing.

S

Satan666

Its not easy to come out of cancer and get back into professional cricket. As I have mentioned earlier, the selectors seem to have erred in his selection. I still feel, he should have gotten into some form in the domestic arena and only then should have been welcomed back into the fold.
No matter whether he has hit 6 sixes in an over or it matters not whether he has turned many a match on its feet. I would have wanted him to show some form and then be selected meritoriously.

Its a good decision by the selectors, he is a class act and team India need hom more than he needs them for this T20, with him playing India may have an outside chance to make it to the final atleast.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Cameron White is a welcome inclusion to the Australian team but I've no idea why the selectors choose Bailey over much better players like Finch, Birt and Quiney to name a few. Players that I mentioned are very good at hitting the ball and I see no reason why they should not be in the team.

You're not the only one wondering dude...:facepalm They should have just left White as captain (or made Watson captain) rather than promoting a guy to captain who'd never played an international before! Bailey is just taking up a spot that should have been Shaun Marsh's for example or Finch as you say. All that said, I hope George does well, he's copped a lot of crap from fans and it would be pretty tough on him and his career if he failed at the World Cup. Lot of pressure on him to justify his spot.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Its a good decision by the selectors, he is a class act and team India need hom more than he needs them for this T20, with him playing India may have an outside chance to make it to the final atleast.

So from your prediction, when Yuvraj wasn't in the squad, India were not going to win a single match but now when he is in the squad India will make finals? Brilliant prediction :clap

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
So the Kiwis have named their 15 man squad:
ICC World Twenty20 2012 : Adam Milne and Daniel Vettori in New Zealand World T20 squad | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

New Zealand squad Martin Guptill, Rob Nicol, Brendon McCullum, Ross Taylor (capt), Kane Williamson, BJ Watling, James Franklin, Jacob Oram, Nathan McCullum, Daniel Vettori, Kyle Mills, Doug Bracewell, Tim Southee, Ronnie Hira, Adam Milne.

Looks about as good as they could do. I was hoping Colin de Grandomme might be in there, he's got that explosiveness about his batting.

War

Chairman of Selectors
ICC World Twenty20 2012 : Adam Milne and Daniel Vettori in New Zealand World T20 squad | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

Looks about as good as they could do. I was hoping Colin de Grandomme might be in there, he's got that explosiveness about his batting.

Ye De Grandomme is a good shout actually. But yea this is probably the Kiwis best squad, especially considering Ryder can't be picked for obvious reasons.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Haha, yep, sadly enough. I mean Kane Williamson as good as he is isn't a 20/20 batsmen whatsoever and yet he'll probably walk into this team, zero depth whatsoever. Daniel Flynn perhaps could've been picked just to have a left handed batsmen up the order but then.....

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Australia have not put any thought into their squad at all. On paper it looks mighty weak and maybe the presence of a strong middle order[read Husseys and Whte] may help them salvage some pride.

A surprise option of choosing the second left arm spinner over Steve Smith baffles me to the core. I can totally say that Aus will not filed both Hogg and Doherty in the same match . So, why go for the option of picking them both ?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
My guess would be to try and some kind of depth to the spin department. I don't know if you noticed, but India have basically done the same thing by picking Ashwin and Harbhajan, both can't play together, but if one goes down with an injury or an illness they'll have another fit and ready to go.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
New Jersey...

WTF !!!

My guess would be to try and some kind of depth to the spin department. I don't know if you noticed, but India have basically done the same thing by picking Ashwin and Harbhajan, both can't play together, but if one goes down with an injury or an illness they'll have another fit and ready to go.

We did it for the World Cup as well. However, we can play them both in one game. My point revolved around the presence of two left arm spinners, whose styles are very much similar.

For the Indian team, Ashwin is more like a Mendis sort of bowler who can surprise a few with his carroms.

Users who are viewing this thread