Tamil Music/Movie Thread

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally got to watch "Velayilla Pattathaari", good acting by Dhanush, average acting by the "amul baby", good screenplay and normal story. The last fight could have been definitely avoided though. I would give it a 3.5 on 5 since I was able to predict the story well.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Well I sort of liked it man :)[DOUBLEPOST=1408857632][/DOUBLEPOST]We can watch it once.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
You are probably very liberal in giving the ratings. 3.5 for that non sense?

What? Are you talking about Velai Illa Pattadhaari? What's nonsense about it when someone gives it 3.5? I would give it 4/5. VIP was an entertaining movie. Second half did lag, but it still had its moments in the 2nd half too (highlight being that long mass dialogue by Dhanush).The movie is a blockbuster, the first true blockbuster of this year 2014 in Tamil cinema.

To each, his own views.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
What? Are you talking about Velai Illa Pattadhaari? What's nonsense about it when someone gives it 3.5? I would give it 4/5. VIP was an entertaining movie. Second half did lag, but it still had its moments in the 2nd half too (highlight being that long mass dialogue by Dhanush).The movie is a blockbuster, the first true blockbuster of this year 2014 in Tamil cinema.

To each, his own views.

The love part was non sense. Amala Paul's mom says that he is a civil engineer, he got jobs in IT industry but he wants to work only in the construction field, Amala Paul forgets her anger, goes and talks with him friendly and falls in love. Is love such a cheap thing to do? Totally pissed off!

PS: In a non romantic movie, the only thing i look for is the love sequence! The romance! There was nothing here!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The love part was non sense. Amala Paul's mom says that he is a civil engineer, he got jobs in IT industry but he wants to work only in the construction field, Amala Paul forgets her anger, goes and talks with him friendly and falls in love. Is love such a cheap thing to do? Totally pissed off!

PS: In a non romantic movie, the only thing i look for is the love sequence! The romance! There was nothing here!

That doesn't mean the movie is nonsense. If you like only romantic movies or romance in films, you should not be rating films from other genre because your view/perspective is very narrowly restricted to romance. The film had a lot of other things - good acting, great music, good dialogues and more importantly pretty good time pass fun.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Finally got to see "Jigarthanda" and contrary to my belief that I wouldn't like it, I loved it, Whatte Script!!! Apt title for the movie, awesome acting by Bobby Simha as the "Jigar" and "Thanda" personality in the movie. One thing that I can say is that Kollywood has scaled a new height by this movie and it is very much gladdening to think that people have also welcomed this movie and made it a hit. A must watch for any movie afficianado. Karthik Subbaraj has once again proved that a movie with a good script and the right elements in it will make the movie a hit. Loved the movie and I would definitely give this first Tamil-Noir movie a 4.5 on 5. Karthik Subbaraj, I bow to you for giving us such a good movie, yet again!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Watched "Jigarthanda". Went in with the belief that I am not going to like it (violent movies are not my forte; and I thought Pizza which is the director's previous film was overhyped), but the FILM BLEW ME AWAY TO PIECES!!!!!! Stunning writing, want to stress on the word WRITING. What a film by Karthik Subbaraj! Absolutely sensational film. The first 30-40 mins deceives; and moves at a very leisurely pace to the point where you start thinking of moving away from the film, but just before the interval, that terrific block leaves you with goosebumps and speechless moments, and from thereon, the film kicks on and on and on to a very different level. Extremely well written script, and executed brilliantly.

Bobby Simha as 'Assault Sethu' delivers a National award winning performance. Seriously this guy deserve the biggest award that cinema has to offer. Menacing eyes, tremendous body language, the guy delivers a role that would be forever remembered. Siddarth was good, his role really sparkles towards the end. Karunakaran is superb as the hero's sidekick. Only blemish is Lakshmi Menon. She is part of a major twist in the film, but other than that, she is badly used. None of the songs register, but the background score by Santosh Narayanan is top notch. But the guy who wins massively in the end of Karthik Subbaraj. I liked the first half of Pizza, but the 2nd half dampened it. Here the first half was a slight dampener, starting 15-20 mins before interval, the film is a classic. Majorly satisfied! Best Tamil film of the year by miles

4.5/5

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Watched "Jigarthanda". Went in with the belief that I am not going to like it (violent movies are not my forte; and I thought Pizza which is the director's previous film was overhyped), but the FILM BLEW ME AWAY TO PIECES!!!!!! Stunning writing, want to stress on the word WRITING. What a film by Karthik Subbaraj! Absolutely sensational film. The first 30-40 mins deceives; and moves at a very leisurely pace to the point where you start thinking of moving away from the film, but just before the interval, that terrific block leaves you with goosebumps and speechless moments, and from thereon, the film kicks on and on and on to a very different level. Extremely well written script, and executed brilliantly.

Bobby Simha as 'Assault Sethu' delivers a National award winning performance. Seriously this guy deserve the biggest award that cinema has to offer. Menacing eyes, tremendous body language, the guy delivers a role that would be forever remembered. Siddarth was good, his role really sparkles towards the end. Karunakaran is superb as the hero's sidekick. Only blemish is Lakshmi Menon. She is part of a major twist in the film, but other than that, she is badly used. None of the songs register, but the background score by Santosh Narayanan is top notch. But the guy who wins massively in the end of Karthik Subbaraj. I liked the first half of Pizza, but the 2nd half dampened it. Here the first half was a slight dampener, starting 15-20 mins before interval, the film is a classic. Majorly satisfied! Best Tamil film of the year by miles

4.5/5

I still can't get over the movie, just loving it and to think that the tamil audience are finally supporting movies with good script is really really heartening. Yes most of the supporting cast starting from the shop owner to Karunakaran have acted well. And people did say that the movie is inspired from the Korean movie "A dirty Carnival" but I would say that both the movies are very much different, the similarity between the two movies end with the protagonist being an aspiring filmmaker who decides to take a movie based on a living gangster who is still at his peak.

Abishak11

International Coach
selfie pulla anirudh version

search this in youtube and hear it as i can't find it.but im sure this song is in u tube

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Anirudh rocks the floor with "Let's take a Selfie Pulla". Its incredibly confident of the team to let Anirudh release a version of a song that Vijay has himself sung in the film. It probably also says that the Vijay version of this song is going to be a bigger highlight. Pretty sure that this song is going to scorch the charts like "Google Google" from Thuppakki. Tune is very catchy, and the lyrics are super contemporary and smile inducing.

Also waiting for the music of AR Rahman's "Ai", releasing tomorrow. An ARR-Shankar audio is always hugely expected. This time, Kaththi clashing with it has put the focus on Kaththi, which "Ai" should not mind at all (normally ARR albums face the problem of massive expectations)

selfie pulla anirudh version

Kaththi (2014) - Selfie Pulla - Extended Version - MP3 - 320kbps -[Team TMR]

i got this in net and no piracy

Post the YouTube link. The link posted above is a downloadable one, and does come under piracy.

Song: Mersalaayiten (Remix) | Singers: Anirudh Ravichander, Neeti Mohan

Song from ARR-Shankar's "I" leaked! "Mersalaayiten" sung by music director Anirudh Ravichander and Neeti Mohan. Semma song! Sounds like the remix version. Waiting for the other version. This song boosts hype even more. A very 90'ish song (reminds us of Columbus Columbus from Jeans). Hype massive!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread