Tamil Music/Movie Thread

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jigarthanda is not in your horizon of the movies that you like. I am also not interested in it. I am just not a fan of movies like Pizza, Soodhu Kavvvum, Jigarthanda, etc. Most of these movies try the Tarantino influence, but I dont enjoy the Tarantino style movies frankly. But cant deny that such films have its audience.

Yeah, thats right, just wanted to see it for Sid but dissapointed.
Next Anjaan! I am a big fan of Suriya and Vidyut is good too but not sure how well i will like the movie excluding the hero centric influence. Lets see.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Thought of watching Jigarthanda, but real reluctant now. Any other good movies in the box office now?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Thought of watching Jigarthanda, but real reluctant now. Any other good movies in the box office now?

Heard that Sathuranga Vettai is good. Has got very good reviews.

@MadhavanGovind : I am not at all excited with Anjaan. Surya has completely turned me off with his recent "complete move to mass masala cinema". He is pretty much doing the same thing as Ajay Devgn is doing in Bollywood right now (Ajay Devgn started off as a critically acclaimed actor who did good story based films with ample scope for acting histronics; but now he has completely jumped into the crass commercial cinema bandwagon). And Anjaan is another attempt by Lingusamy to make his own version of his most favorite film 'Baasha' (Lingu has said various times that Baasha is his all time favorite). The references to Raju Bhai in the trailer, Mumbai don, etc all point to a Baasha spoof. And the songs (by Yuvan) dont have longevity. I have already stopped hearing them.

SK-ZC

International Coach
Watched Jigarthanda!
Unpredictable, thrilling, excellent screenplay, Simha's performance was terrific, BGM was beast and everything was neatly done. Its really Cold-Hearted. Its something different and a must watch movie.
My rating 4/5.

Last edited:

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Saw Vaayai Moodi Pesavum, a very good movie loved the comedies in it! You start the movie with a light heart and end it in the same way.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, VMP was enjoyable in most of the parts and Madhoo was really so beautiful, Roja and Gentleman days remembered!

SK-ZC

International Coach
Anjaan - Totally Waste :facepalm

Looks like director worked only on Hero's Look and Promotions. Unwanted songs, script, bad screenplay, story, dialouges was big letdown. Santhosh Sivan's cinematography and Yuvan's Music was ordinary, Editing was done well. Surya and Jamwal's stunts was superb.

Promos created huge exceptations, but it was a huge disappointment ....:facepalm

I would rate it 1/5.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
One of the worst meaningless movie i have ever come across! Total nonsense for 3 hours by Sangusamy, sorry Lingusamy :p

A very weak script, no story at all, Samantha was always running behind the car and was totally irritating. Vidyut, Soori no one had any role in the movie except Suriya, this looks like a 3 hour long program just to show case Suriya in different costumes, different style, thats it. I heard people say its a treat for Suriya's fans! My foot! I am a big self confessed Suriya fan and this is one big rubbish movie, Suriya is becoming like Vijay now, he has started to choose useless films which just has nonsense masala in it with no story. Total waste of time.Yuvan's music is horrible, BGM are worst, even the so called punch verse are very funny and makes a mockery of Vidyut and Suriya! Wrong placement of the noise ( read as songs). Samantha was totally irritating!

Dei Lingusamy, kaila kadache ne setha da nee ( If i see you anywhere, i will kill you)
:facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
One of the worst meaningless movie i have ever come across! Total nonsense for 3 hours by Sangusamy, sorry Lingusamy :p

A very weak script, no story at all, Samantha was always running behind the car and was totally irritating. Vidyut, Soori no one had any role in the movie except Suriya, this looks like a 3 hour long program just to show case Suriya in different costumes, different style, thats it. I heard people say its a treat for Suriya's fans! My foot! I am a big self confessed Suriya fan and this is one big rubbish movie, Suriya is becoming like Vijay now, he has started to choose useless films which just has nonsense masala in it with no story. Total waste of time.Yuvan's music is horrible, BGM are worst, even the so called punch verse are very funny and makes a mockery of Vidyut and Suriya! Wrong placement of the noise ( read as songs). Samantha was totally irritating!

Dei Lingusamy, kaila kadache ne setha da nee ( If i see you anywhere, i will kill you)
:facepalm

Can't really blame Lingusamy too much. The trailer itself told what kind of a story this is going to be (the typical Bombay don story).

In fact after reading all the terrible reviews, I watched the film today and felt it was not as bad as the reviews project it to be. Maybe the "reverse effect" (when you read too many reviews of the same nature, your expectations get influenced and you end up feeling the opposite about the film). I thought Surya did a good job in the film. The story was very weak and cliched, but these days the entire Indian film industry is moving towards masala films to make quick big bucks. North is no exception.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
To get away from the mind numbing defeat of the Indian team in England, AR Rahman's epic album "Kaaviya Thalaivan" is out!
Kaaviya Thalaivan - Saavn

Semma theri (Awesome)!!! Beautifully crafted album with rich classical music and melodies! Terrific stuff!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread