Tamil Music/Movie Thread

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Saw Vadacurry! Wanted to put this message some time back, didn't feel like then.
A very good serious theme made as a mockery!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Songs of "Ai" (AR Rahman-Shankar-Vikram) has released in iTunes India (should release a day later in iTunes USA)!

On first hearings, most of the songs are good, though the typical ARR trait of "like on more hearings" seems to be true. Instant picks - "Ennodu Nee Irundhaal" by 'Adiye' Sid Sriram; "Pookkale Saetru Oyivedungal" by Haricharan and Shreya Goshal and "Mersalaayiten" by Anirudh Ravichander and Neeti Mohan.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Listened to I songs. Totally different from ARR's previous album Kaaviya Thalaivan. This is more of a modern day music. Songs are good as usual but not anywhere close to the ARR standards.

PS: I probably did not like it much as there is no romantic duet or a sad love song of my taste.

Abishak11

International Coach
^got the songs of I.only duet songs will not say it is better album.IMO'Merasalyiten' song is the best.The special album by ARR

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Listened to I songs. Totally different from ARR's previous album Kaaviya Thalaivan. This is more of a modern day music. Songs are good as usual but not anywhere close to the ARR standards.

PS: I probably did not like it much as there is no romantic duet or a sad love song of my taste.

There are three of them in there. "Pookkale Saetru Oyvedungal" and "Ennodu Nee Irundhaal" (two versions of it). Quite a few are even criticising in twitter that the songs are too slow for a Shankar film.

Here's the official teaser/trailer of the film! MIND SERIOUSLY BLOWN!!! SHANKAR, TAKE MY MONEY NOW!

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, songs are good. But nothing close to the heart as his love songs generally will be. The latest love song of ARR that stayed in the heart was Moongil Thottam from Kadal.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Love the songs of "I", especially "Mersalaayitten" by Aniruth Ravichander, "Pookkaley Satru Oayvedungal" by Sid Sriram and "Ladio" by Nikita Gandhi.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
"Kaththi" songs are excellent. Anirudh has rocked it completely! "Selfie Pulla" by Vijay and "Aathi" by Vishal Dadlani are the best among the songs. Both theme songs are superb.

@MadhavanGovind: There is no love song in Kaththi. Try at your own risk. Its a completely hip-hop/techno/kuthu album.. The only slow song is a pathos song by KJ Yesudas.

Hariharan.

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yeah this kaththi album was much hyped as Anirudh is MD
But the album is not so impressive
Even Jigarthanda album was better
And Vijay's singing is much worse than his previous Google Google

Looking forward to Ai
And I echo @abishakprabu
Chiyaan Vikram Rocks

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Yeah this kaththi album was much hyped as Anirudh is MD
But the album is not so impressive
Even Jigarthanda album was better
And Vijay's singing is much worse than his previous Google Google

Looking forward to Ai
And I echo @abishakprabu
Chiyaan Vikram Rocks

Comparing Jigarthanda with Kaththi is ridiculous. Kaththi is a purely commercial album designed to entertain. Jigarthanda is a more classier album in line with the film's style. Santosh Narayanan's music has never been about commercial elements.

Hariharan.

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Jus' heard Kaaviyathalaivan album's 3 songs
Sollividu: Good tune great lyrics portraying the life of Karna I think so
Vanga Makka Vanga:Very much close to mind blowing
Alli Arjuna:Track of a musical drama that only a highly talented composer can attempt Very Very good Consists of 4 ragas and u dont know that the song has just end

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ya u r right @SaiSrini
However to sum up I simply dont like Kaththi Album

Fair enough....

I love the Kaththi album. Its Anirudh's 2nd best work after his first album '3'. This one is definitely better than Vanakkam Chennai, Ethir Neechal, Maan Karate and VIP. In fact, I have stopped hearing I and Kaaviyathalaivan due to Kaththi.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
Saw an awesome Comedy/ Horror( They said it was Horror :p) movie "Aranmanai" starring Vinay rai, Rai Lakshmi, Hansika Motwani, Andrea Jeremiah, Sundar C and Comedy King Santhanam. Movie was a laugh riot from start to end( Excluding one or two "horror" scenes :p). The songs were a drag though( except "Petromax Lightu than Venuma" song). Apart from that everything was just awesome, a total entertainer from Sundar C. A movie that could be helluva fun if watched with friends in a theater. I would definitely give this a 3.5 on 5. Definitely worth a watch for sure!

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Aranmanai - Totally loved it. Nice comedy sequence. Total comedy. A very good movie to see with friends or family. Only drawback is mistimed and bad songs. Screenplay, graphics, story, pace at which the movie travels everything in general is totally amazing. Must watch at least a couple of more times in the theater. Wow! Will rate it 4.2/5.

Users who are viewing this thread