TAOC Discussion

legend_master said:
yes, absolutely... From the moment the bowler starts his runup to the moment the ball reaches the batsman (including AFTER the ball leaves the bowler's hand) you can move left, right, forward and back. I was considering allowing the batsman to be slightly rotated left and right too which would allow full spectrum of movement but i think that may be overkill and overcomplicate the batting.

That annoys me so much in EA how you cant move after a certain stage in the bowler's runup...the whole point of movement is to get into a good position for the ball that's going to be bowled. If you dont even know what the ball is going to do then how can you prepare by guessing in advance?

that sounds awesome, its a key part of ODIs and test matches really, how often do we see batsman walking at the bowler - so maybe a good idea would be a charge option or a walk option (like a shuffle down), pietersen would definately be one, if we could do this to shorten the length or give room late for a off side shot or even the mal loye where we go offside and sweep. it is going to make more shots available to more deliveries, its pretty limited in other games when they bowl way outside off, theres no chance of hitting legside, but with your plans for movement and of course late movement any shot will be possible. great stuff. :cheers

Hey, I have a question, which i'm sure that has been asked before...

I know the game is for cricket fans, but what is in place to stop EA and Codies suing you for using the likeness, names, stadiums, kits belonging to the ICC and ECB or have you some kind of formal agreement.

I'm sure this must have been discussed.

But if you are planning to charge anything, just to cover costs of making and maintenance surely you need the licenses?

Kieran

Mierosoft said:
Hey, I have a question, which i'm sure that has been asked before...

I know the game is for cricket fans, but what is in place to stop EA and Codies suing you for using the likeness, names, stadiums, kits belonging to the ICC and ECB or have you some kind of formal agreement.

I'm sure this must have been discussed.

But if you are planning to charge anything, just to cover costs of making and maintenance surely you need the licenses?

Kieran

It has been answered as you guessed ;) If he charges a small fee, then it will have no official licences, and it will get patched by users instead. If it's free it will come with real player names etc... And then get patched by users anyway :p

Last edited:
puddleduck said:
It has been answered as you guessed ;) If he charges a small free, then it will have no official licences, and it will get patched by users instead. If it's free it will come with real player names etc... And then get patched by users anyway :p

haha genius, cheers for the quick answer.

Also in Lamens Terms, how far along is the project, percentage wise?

No idea on that front I'm afraid, have a look through some of the threads in this part of the forum, generally LM posts a few times to let people know how he's going, he's put a lot of mechanics into place, but I would imagine there's still a bit of work to do yet.

Hey LM, most of the duckworth lewis equations are done, i hav done every over from 50 to 0 (450 equations) with using the latest versions of the over by over table posted on the main icc site. - but the problem is to calculate the score for the game i need a ball by ball version (total of 2250 equations) as its pretty common for games to get rained off in the middle of an over, i have been looking everywhere for this with no luck, i found one site where i have to buy it for a small fee (which is fine i am more than willing to buy and still donate to the fund for the game and buy a mug etc..!), but will take a while as i have to pay with postal order. im hoping that its the same table as the one ive started too or ill have to start again!!

If anyone has a copy of the D/L ball by ball table please could they forward it to me or LM or post it here so i can work out ball by ball equations. :cheers

cricketer112 said:
Hey LM, most of the duckworth lewis equations are done, i hav done every over from 50 to 0 (450 equations) with using the latest versions of the over by over table posted on the main icc site. - but the problem is to calculate the score for the game i need a ball by ball version (total of 2250 equations) as its pretty common for games to get rained off in the middle of an over, i have been looking everywhere for this with no luck, i found one site where i have to buy it for a small fee (which is fine i am more than willing to buy and still donate to the fund for the game and buy a mug etc..!), but will take a while as i have to pay with postal order. im hoping that its the same table as the one ive started too or ill have to start again!!

If anyone has a copy of the D/L ball by ball table please could they forward it to me or LM or post it here so i can work out ball by ball equations. :cheers
Can you point me to the link about how excatly its calculated and I might help, I am pretty decent with Excel.

theres no point having two of us doing it - all the calculations need to be on one sheet, besides i have already started the spreadsheet like i said with more than 400 algorithms on it.

All i need is the profesional ball by ball table, only cricket authorities are allowed it, its not available for general public like i said - unless you buy it, so i was just checking in case anyone had it before i go on to buy it.

travder92 said:
its a bit surprising .. however not illegal, since the art of cricket isn't a registered trademark and can be used by anyone.

what the?? Is that a joke or a typo??? wierd....

travder92 said:
its a bit surprising .. however not illegal, since the art of cricket isn't a registered trademark and can be used by anyone.
Actually 'The Art of Cricket' is a trademark, because of the Bradman book, we are using the name with permission however.

whitehornmatt said:
Actually 'The Art of Cricket' is a trademark, because of the Bradman book, we are using the name with permission however.

From whom?

Users who are viewing this thread