TAOC Discussion

Thats not really needed tbh. I can't recall the last time I saw the batsman fall onto his stumps.

I think that's not really anything like 1 in 100. More like 1 in 1000 or more. Plus, I don't think the ball knocked him over. It was his, erm, rotund figure (read enormous gut) that caused him to topple.

I think that's not really anything like 1 in 100. More like 1 in 1000 or more. Plus, I don't think the ball knocked him over. It was his, erm, rotund figure (read enormous gut) that caused him to topple.

lol :D

Quick lil update. I have been trying to fix the 'loop' of the ball in the pace bowling as the ball travels from the bowler's hand to the ground. Seems there was a slight glitch in my calculations, almost unnoticable.

Anyhoo, i have almost fixed it, and i must say it seems MUCH much better now. Makes the pace bowling feel more like pace bowling lol. I didn't realise how much the 'looping' was wrecking it. But due to this i now have to fix up lots of other little things that relied on the old way. So good news is the pace bowling will be improved and much more realistic and fun, bad news is another couple of days lost in a (necessary) detour. I'll showcase the new fixed bowling physics in the next video.

Also if you see those most recent screenies, see if you can notice a slight difference in height/build between Ponting (non-striker) and the bowler ;)

LM

Last edited:
A couple of things I've noticed from those last two screens, only very minor though:
1. Adboard colours are too saturated compared to the rest of the environment. Consider making grass more saturated, or reduce saturation in ad boards.
2. Slips are standing in a slightly odd position for 1st and 2nd. 1st should be slightly finer (though keeper would be stood wider normally for LHBat RH OTW bowler), and maybe further back, and 2nd should be finer, and closer to the wicket. Also, 2nd's body needs orienting more towards to the wicket, rather than parallel to 1st.

Guys,

quick update - I have finally fixed the 'loopy' pace bowling. Looks and feels sooo much better now i have to say. The next video will show how much better it is now. Also improved the spin flight while i was at it ;)

Ok, so a bit of a necessary detour there (many complaints about the loop meant it was very important it was fixed) but now its back to the fielding

LM

hi LM mate any other update since some days has passed by and how is the fielding going mate

Monday update - fielding has stalled a little due to me fixing up all associated bugs that came about because of the fixing of the pace bowling 'loop' - it involved some drastic reworking of the bowling system and there were a lot of flow on effects like LBW calculations for example which had to also be reworked.

So bad news is fielding taking longer than expected and good news is new bowling system is much much better, with much more realistic trajectories and NO LOOPING :p

Monday update - fielding has stalled a little due to me fixing up all associated bugs that came about because of the fixing of the pace bowling 'loop' - it involved some drastic reworking of the bowling system and there were a lot of flow on effects like LBW calculations for example which had to also be reworked.

I think that above all, we have learned from you from The Art of Cricket that making a cricket game is a lot of hard work.

I think that above all, we have learned from you from The Art of Cricket that making a cricket game is a lot of hard work.
I think the lesson in the end will be if you put the effort in, you will get a good game. I think it is great that things aren't left buggy and are fixed even if it means delaying a new feature, in the end the game will be much better for that commitment.

The best thing about this game being made is that everything can be edited even after the game is released. And also new animations and stuff can be added if needed.

So bad news is fielding taking longer than expected and good news is new bowling system is much much better, with much more realistic trajectories and NO LOOPING :p

*cough* Ricky Ponting Cricket *cough* :D

In the long run this is better for the game becaue I don't think people would want to rush the game so they could play it only to find some dodgy loopy bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread