TAOC Discussion

Interesting.

:D

LM make it happen.

:p

I agree, another excellent idea. Can you imagine the tension if your playing a test match and there was a bomb scare? I think that would add something different to the standard cricket games that are already out.

enough of the trash talk people....lets get down to some serious business !! ;)

am finally back after over a months hiatus....bought a new widescreen monitor(old monitor almost abt to die :p)...sorted all my stuff and already working on the animations......

LM too will be back in a couple of days....and hopefully, we can make some
serious progress by the end of JAN...:D

cheers

JK

Will these features still be included?

Attention to detail

* Record and replay your favourite moments
* Save the match and resume it later.
* Autoplay to skip the boring parts
* The new One-day International rules and Twenty20 matches.
* The events in a match are expressed through a range of statistical graphs.
* You can choose the people that will umpire your match from the official ICC panel.
* Awesome batting includes many different strokes on the front and back foot.
* Play against friends online!
* Stadiums from all over the world.
* Dew factor in the sub continent. It would favour the side batting second under lights
* Realistic light changes, no sudden change from day to night.
* Rain dependant on conditions, more chance of rain in England than in Australia;
* Player likenesses. Tall players look tall, short players look small, like they should
* Statistics. Statistics will reflect real life in the video game. Each batting stroke and bowling delivery will be graded for each player! Tail end batsmen will be worse than top order batsmen, and the same for bowlers. Different bowlers will have different speeds that can be customised easily, so you could have a blindingly fast bowler but then it would be difficult to bat against!

Realism

* Realistic physics. The cricket ball will move realistically. Many bowling deliveries will be possible, including reverse swing!
* Realistic collisions. Perfect collisions allow you to know when you have hit the ball!
* Realistic bowling. You can tell when different balls are bowled, for example, a Flipper will come on quicker than a Leg Break.
* Realistic celebrations for milestones, like centuries and wickets.
* Realistic gameplay.

Unbeatable Gameplay

* Players aren't invincible. Includes a pioneering stamina system for batsman which recreates the fatigue which is part of a long innings and being hit with the ball will affect the batsman's abilities. Injuries will occur and players can retire hurt.
* Mutiple Delivery Types. Some players don't bowl just the one way, a bowler might do medium pace and spin, now you can recreate that.
* Awesome batting includes many different strokes on the front and back foot.
* Duckworth Lewis system

The most customisable cricket video game ever

* Totally free camera can be used to select any default camera angle view and also in replays, no restrictions to angle or zoom.
* Modify nearly every part of the game. Including AI, Bats, Ads, Faces, Teams, Competitions/tours and Sounds
* Design and play in your own competitions.

Would it be possible to allow remodelling of players, bats etc or remaking of the animations? So that we can remodel stuff that we might want differently. Also will this game run on bottom end PCs? The last game my PC could run was BLIC 05! It's a 2.4 GHz P4, onboard graphics and sound, 512 Mb RAM.

I'd really like to have as much tweaking available as possible. Can you post some screenshots of the work in progress?

Also, although it's a bit late in the day, I can do modeling in 3DSMax, so is there anything I can do for TAOC?

Last edited:
OMG!! You really need to get over the random crap you say LC. Seriously...if you don't want to see a feature in the game, just don't talk about it. Its on LM to decide if he is going to add those features or not.

Ease down on him, he has a point. The ludicrous idea of having animals slaughtered has nothing to do with Cricket...

Ease down on him, he has a point. The ludicrous idea of having animals slaughtered has nothing to do with Cricket...

It's not that ludicrous, I've seen birds killed by a cricket ball before!! I would see it being quite rare that one would actually be killed in the game though, maybe 1 every 3/4 games (unless of course you try to kill them them by purposly aiming your shots at them).

I wouldnt have thought there would be any need for anyother animals to appear in the game though, I think birds grazing on the outfield should be sufficient for a cricket game, certanly for now anyway.

Thats Enough !! no birds or seagulls or anything similar will be implemented...(atleast in the initial release).

so as of now there is no point in discussing it.
any further posts relating to birds or seagulls will be deleted.

I had a look at the stadium list and I personally think there are too many Indian and Pakistan stadiums and not enough England stadiums.

LOL !!! that post was more than 2 years back when we actually thought we would complete it by 2008 !! :p

as of now, the priority is to get atleast 1 stadium per test playing country...:(

Users who are viewing this thread