TAOC Discussion

People should understand that LM is just like us.He has a career which he needs to chalk out.The games that come now are made full time by professionals working on it continously for around 8 hours a day for over 2 to 3 years.But this is not the case with TAOC.Its a part time project taken up and the progress that has taken place is outstanding. You cannot expect LM to come and work on this game after doing a whole day's load of work at the office.

@MS Dhoni:You never believed in LM?

i now perfectly understand why people here flame at you!

LOL He says he never believed in LM, the guy who has done so much and has proven, yet he wants LM to trust him to give him his bowlers model for a few "animations" based on nothing.

Can you please take your petty attempts at trying to bully around here somewhere else?

1. You've not made a good rep of talking sense here.
2. You're only making it worse now.

If you're really incapable of thinking, then here's what you need to do. LM's carried this project in the programming side, alone for the past, 3 years or so? JK's always been there to help but as he's himself claimed in the programming side, LM's the sole rider all this while. You've got to give the man a bit of respect for doing all this for such a long while. The way you're talking is you've invested millions into this game and you want it to be completed, but the reality being you've only made 1 frigging stadium which is nowhere near the work LM has put in. I'm not dismissing your work, but just bringing you to some reality.

For LM, its not just a frigging piece of code, its his hard work he has put in, obviously he'll be careful of it, and a bit posessive, so I'd give him that.

Stop while you're at it now, and I can 100% assure you that shravi's being the far more intelligent than you here.

I don't know what you can do in MSN messenger but a lot is possible for me to do to you there, and I'm not talking insults here.

Stop trying to pick fights with people. If you said something wrong, then accept it and get on with it!

Look, I never insulted LM. I know that he has done alot for this game but on JK's post, he said "LM will give ANOTHER ATTEMPT at this for the fans" which means that he had given up on it. Also, he asked for just one week and he said it himself that if LM doesn't finish it in a week than it is called off. Isn't it better to give it to someone else to call it off?

If I had said something wrong then I would accept but I didn't. But if you say then ok I'll accept it but I can't just let shravi insult me. Atleast I got the capability of making a stadium, even if its trash. He can't even make a single pole in Maya or 3Ds Max.

yet he wants LM to trust him to give him his bowlers model for a few "animations" based on nothing.

If you ask me, its a bad idea for one person to go and join the team which has only one active JK and inactive LM. They have to wake up soon from idle state and recruit a bunch of active promising folks and cultivate the trust in them. There can't be a team if LM or whoever is not going to trust the members. It's upto the smartness of a manager to extract the work from the team and is not like, " How can I trust you?, I don't trust you etc etch blah blah "! If you have such doubts the current situation is what it will result, i.e a team of 2 men where one is manager and other is co-manager. :rolleyes: I stressed the point of recruiting a new active team and get the work done as much as possible, but I don't see those things happening sooner.

Team hierarchy and the team effort is the biggest drawback & unless they rectify it, this can't take a step ahead. I can only pity those hell a lot of efforts because it started off in a promising way and now this project is almost in out of scope.

Tough luck, is what I can say!

I would just like to put my offer down here:

I am prepared to take the work that LM has done in its current state, take the time to understand the code, and then begin work on it. I am happy to take instruction from LM with regards to what needs implementing next, and am happy to work with JK in any way he would like to work.

I will provide updates at significant points, not only on this board but to LM personally (if he would like that). At any point, I am happy for LM to take back over the project in any way he would like. If he wants to take over all the coding, then I will give everything I have back, and return my current capacity of doing the odd bit of art and helping out with the occasional bit of design.

No one can overestimate the amount of work which LM has put into this, and also the degree to which we are all (except MS Dhoni, apparently) thankful for this work. I am not attempting to take over the project for LM for good, unless that is what he wants. If he wants someone to try and breathe a fresh bit of life into it for a few weeks or months, then I am willing to take the reins, and hand them back whenever he wants.

I just want to help get this project back up and running in any way possible.

Tom, can you tell me the language on which the code is written?

It all depends on what LM says and i hope he responds positively!

offtopic:MS Dhoni banned? Why and by whom?(just asking out of curiosity!!)

I no this has nothing to do with TAOC, but i was just wondering, if you get banned, is that for good or for a limited period?

I thought that this is supposed to be a discussion thread and I see arguments here:noway
Mainly its MSD lol. Probably he was just giving his opinion and you all just attacked him. Shravi had no right to post his opinion to insult someone else. It just makes him look even more incapable of thinking. If he is that thoughtful then he should have made some patches for BLIC07 but he didn't and MSD owns that thread.

I no this has nothing to do with TAOC, but i was just wondering, if you get banned, is that for good or for a limited period?
Depends on the severity of the offence. The default length is 3 months.

ok, i didnt read all of the posts here but lets not jump the gun shall we....
LM has not officially given up or anything...hes just in a bad frame of mind and the main reason of him being so inactive is the lack of passion.....
hes not able to get back that fire....

hopefully, the current ashes series might do him a lot of good provided there
are no 5-0 results !! :rolleyes:

and he'll update me on the progress by today or tomorrow so lets hope for some good news ! :)

if he does finish that assigned target, i'll be more than happy to open 3DS MAX again ! ;)

jkartik added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Slightly worried about this line, by all means stop completely if it is impacting on his health.

LOL !! by condition i meant the overall day-to-day life and troubles of LM ! ;)

@LAZY - you are a programmer par excellence...no doubt....but unless and until LM officially gives up(which we'll get to know in a day or two), i cant
commit to you just yet.

I thought that this is supposed to be a discussion thread and I see arguments here:noway
Mainly its MSD lol. Probably he was just giving his opinion and you all just attacked him. Shravi had no right to post his opinion to insult someone else. It just makes him look even more incapable of thinking. If he is that thoughtful then he should have made some patches for BLIC07 but he didn't and MSD owns that thread.

Who the hell is this bloke? The alias of MS Dhoni?

ok, i didnt read all of the posts here but lets not jump the gun shall we....
LM has not officially given up or anything...hes just in a bad frame of mind and the main reason of him being so inactive is the lack of passion.....
hes not able to get back that fire....

hopefully, the current ashes series might do him a lot of good provided there
are no 5-0 results !! :rolleyes:

and he'll update me on the progress by today or tomorrow so lets hope for some good news ! :)

if he does finish that assigned target, i'll be more than happy to open 3DS MAX again ! ;)

will eagerly waiting for the updates!

sorry but i doubt on this bowled user,can you see the registration date.....

i highly doubt that this is MS dhoni,sorry if am wrong.....

Users who are viewing this thread