TAOC Discussion

great to see all this happening.. It seems when TAOC started 3-4 years back... LM and JK can't back with 3-4 years of hard work going to vein.. We know and trust you abilities, there is no doubt about superb work you have produced till date.

Some new work screenies or video will boost up all the members. That will create some interest too. I hope this time around there won't be any breaks.
all the best Jk & LM

Move on People.

regarding increasing the team, i have absolutely no problem but the main reason me and LM are skeptical is the lack of consistent development from the members.

for eg - lot of guys showed potential in making stadiums but not even one has finished their work. heck,lot of em lost the plot even for small things like kits and bats....

and animations and coding is such that they go hand in hand and is extremely critical to the development of the game.....!

but still, we are discussing this issue and will come up with some sort of plan soon..

Ya that right mate,
Regarding the stadium i am making, i have almost finished it just need to unwrap the textures and some perfection that's (it stopped because of some personal issues).

I have some suggestions ignore me if its not worth.
Mate try to team up members in different aspects with a team lead. So to avoid confusion of doing the same work, because of the team lead progress made will be noted. ( For example : Sound team with 5-10 members collect sound and commentary team lead will have the source).

I came across a this site were you ask for help in the Help Wanted section from members by representing the project and there are lot of them there to help in every aspect (programming, animation etc..)
I am not good at programming they also suggest solution for programming problems etc...

I know 3ds Max (not a pro), Photoshop, Flash.
If you need my help in any aspect i am here.

Last edited:
Move on People.

regarding increasing the team, i have absolutely no problem but the main reason me and LM are skeptical is the lack of consistent development from the members.

for eg - lot of guys showed potential in making stadiums but not even one has finished their work. heck,lot of em lost the plot even for small things like kits and bats....

and animations and coding is such that they go hand in hand and is extremely critical to the development of the game.....!

but still, we are discussing this issue and will come up with some sort of plan soon..

I don't agree with that. People were working on the stadiums but after they saw that the work is doing no progress, they stopped. If you look at the 3d models thread, Nabeel started on a stadium which looks somewhat close to a stadium and a brilliant(looks better than the ones he made before) Feroz Shah Kotla has been done by MSD.

I don't agree with that. People were working on the stadiums but after they saw that the work is doing no progress, they stopped. If you look at the 3d models thread, Nabeel started on a stadium which looks somewhat close to a stadium and a brilliant(looks better than the ones he made before) Feroz Shah Kotla has been done by MSD.

well, nobody gave me any stadium....so am gonna consider it incomplete for now.

yeah! I consider myself an beginner-intermediate coder and i am catching up on directx! I dont think i could handle any of the serious aspects of the game but if you require a short piece of code i.e any aspect for which there is no time to spare then i may be of some use! i'd try to give my best!;)

Well even if the game is released with one default kit and one stadium, I think that would be the impetus needed to get loads of development going.. Once people see a quality base product they will have an incentive to produce the rest of the game..

I think LM is married to a 500 kilos grizzly bear and has 10 screaming kids....thats why we don't hear from him much...:happy:hpraise:hpraise;):D

working on the following anims right now :-

- Running Between Wicket
- Grounding the bat and slowing down to a halt
- Cancel Run
- Turn For Another Run
- Dive
- getting into position

once am through with these then will work on the following :-

- Kneeling Slog over Mid-on
- Baseball Shot
- Scoop Shot

after this, ALL the batting anims will be officially completed ! :D

then will be doing the virender sehwag style off spinner action....
this will officially end the bowling anims too ! :D

after this, minor tweaks and finishing of all the batting and bowling anims
which will never be touched again unless there is some major change ! ;)

then will be the turn of the umpiring anims......

am planning to complete this goal by the end of july / early august....
lets hope i succeed !

cheers

JK

Users who are viewing this thread