TAOC Discussion

guys, progress is happening and happening at a good pace both from me as well as LM. cant report to you guys every couple of days as we've moved on to some really serious stuff and theres so many bugs / obstacles which you guys will fail to understand :p....

cheers

JK

Hi all,

just dropping in to say hi (im at work ;) )

As JK said, progress is still happening, just picture me walking through a mire of mud, but i can see the river bank up in the distance.. :sarcasm

Yeah, we are in some really yucky stuff at the moment, but certainly moving forward, just pretty slowly. Looking to have some solid updates in the next couple of weeks.

Just wanted to add also that one of the reasons things are moving so slowly is because of our ambitious feature list and our attention to detail. If we had not been so strict on ourselves with regards to quality then we would be so much further on in production. For example, having the ability for all players to have short sleeves, long sleeves, vests, all different types of headwear (removable) etc. adds another whole layer of complexity to everything. This is just a small example of what i mean. I dont believe other games yet have the feature set we have.

We are also extremely strict on the quality. So many times i have thought something was **** so i had to redo it. Really painful, but i believe the end result will be worth it.

cheers,

LM.

Last edited:
No one is going to be like "WHAT IT HASN'T GOT LONG SLEEVES" because people know how much effort you put into it. People are just greatful we are getting a great game, anything else is just a bonus. ;)

we'r planning a few things right now which will be very critical for the game.
e.g including stuff which has never been done in a cricket game before....
ways to make the game simple yet standout from the rest of the lot..

and since AC2009 has received so much flak for the jerky anims...am making a conscious effort to make the anims look like mo-cop quality.....lets see how well i succeed....i have the whole week free to work on TAOC...so expect good progress soon ! :)

For example, having the ability for all players to have short sleeves, long sleeves, vests, all different types of headwear (removable) etc.

:clap

Like you said, this shows the enormous attention to detail you guys have put it in. Just a question, will you be able to remove the vests etc, during the game that you are playing? Because during the recent Ashes test, I've noticed that for example Clarke wears his vest whilst Hussey doesn't. So the point I'm getting that is, will all of the team wear long sleeves or will just a certain few?

Like you said, this shows the enormous attention to detail you guys have put it in. Just a question, will you be able to remove the vests etc, during the game that you are playing? Because during the recent Ashes test, I've noticed that for example Clarke wears his vest whilst Hussey doesn't. So the point I'm getting that is, will all of the team wear long sleeves or will just a certain few?

Yes. full sleeves and vests / sweaters can be assigned according to your liking....
e.g = during the ashes clarke is wearing his vests....so what do you do ?
simple, go to the player editor and set the Vests option to Yes !

Tour of india...this time clarke cannot wear his vests...too friggin hot out here...so go to the editor again and select No ! :D

Like JK said...

just to clarify though, each player has a stat saying whether they have a vest on, as well as long sleeves, short sleeves or 'seasonal' which means they will wear short sleeves in hot weather and long sleeves in cold weather automatically. Of course all these can be edited in the player editor. So you could have guys with all different combinations on the field at one time.

Tbh I don't care what type of vest they have. All I care about is if we can play the game with good gameplay/half decent graphics.

What if I say I want all the players in open necked shirts like the 1970s? Then what will you do? What?

Users who are viewing this thread