TAOC Discussion

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ABOUT_CRICKET/RAIN_RULES/DUCKWORTH_LEWIS_1999.html

This is a link to the duckworth lewis method, I thought it was really complicated, but upon reading this it seems simple...LM do u reckon this can be implemented into the game

legend_master said:
here is a couple of renders of the bat only...side on, top and bottom..

guys,

thought i should post this after all...this is the list of features i would love to squeeze in, maybe over several versions ;-)...not completely exhaustive, but a long and distinguished one...

Some are essential, some not...

- real physics - total random variety
- player stats that actually make a difference
- player can bat alongside cpu controlled player if they want to
- dynamic weather
- day/night dynamic changing for 1 day match
- several different stadia for each country
- run while lbw pending decision is being made
- different bowling actions for diff bowlers
- more cpu bowling to outside off-stump
- save replay / free cam during replay
- snickometer
- hawkeye
- retire hurt / injuries
- substitutions - 12th man
- custom game cams from free cam - allocate several slots for custom cams - overwritable
- match highlights - dismissals etc.
- manual appeal?
- man of the match / series / presentation
- players aging / retiring?
- custom comps / tourns
- different animations/shots for 6-hit slogs
- retain historical stats for players - can reset back to default or manually update or set to continuous tracking to overwrite defaults.
- pitch wear and tear over 5 day match etc
- pitch cracks having effect etc.
- charging
- save game between overs
- change default batting / bowling line-ups and save them
- 2d /3d spiders
- worms
- manhattens
- player portraits
- FE's for custom player / team / bats / comp editor / stadium turf editor?
- manual field setting + wide range of preset field settings
- cpu AI adjusts styles depending on situation of match
- duckworth lewis etc
- 20/20 rules / all new ICC rules etc
- multiplay over IP/internet and LAN
- drinks break buggy rolls onto field....?
- show highlights during drinks break...?
- realistic edges when batting / defensive strokes
- attention to detail - recognise (in game?) maiden half-century / century and debut for new players

This was posted on page two of the discussion thread, I wonder how many of these are being implemented and how many have been deemed impossible

manee said:
http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ABOUT_CRICKET/RAIN_RULES/DUCKWORTH_LEWIS_1999.html

This is a link to the duckworth lewis method, I thought it was really complicated, but upon reading this it seems simple...LM do u reckon this can be implemented into the game

This was posted on page two of the discussion thread, I wonder how many of these are being implemented and how many have been deemed impossible

Duckworth Lewis - essential.

out of that list, none have been deemed 'impossible'..i still plan to include them all...only time will tell.

well, everything's gone pretty quiet here...

ive been really busy nutting away at stuff...redone the running between wickets...much much better now...animations and the code is more robust. Test kits will soon be completed too...

next up i need to revisit/fix/add animations for batting...a diversion, i know, but will be so much better after it. Hopefully wont take me too long though. Once the batting anims are done (maybe 1-2 weeks?) we definately will start to see the bowler and umpires emerge....

anyhow, patience guys and keep up the support...

LM

sid_19840 said:
Actually you are a part of it imo,in the sense that you are helping in contributing ideas and suggestions and encouraging Paul and others to do a good job.
And I'll be supporting the project by buying the first copy. Yes I know its free, but I'll feel like free loading if I don't pay for it after the amount of work put in it.

@holmie, is it at all possible to make one of those cool avatars for me as well with Pakistani colors? Could you write 'The Cricket Project' on it instead of my name though?

You dont know if it will be free, i think it would be crazy to not ask for some sort of $$ for this great work

The plan at the moment is for the game to be freeware, in which case no licensing is required and everything will be real. However, if the game becomes commercial, all of the real items will be made anyway by the team and placed in one big file and sent to a random person. Then all the real stuff can just be installed by downloading the file.

holmie can u make avatar for me as well please. with indian kit. srk121

SkateBoarder said:
The plan at the moment is for the game to be freeware, in which case no licensing is required and everything will be real. However, if the game becomes commercial, all of the real items will be made anyway by the team and placed in one big file and sent to a random person. Then all the real stuff can just be installed by downloading the file.

guys,

just a note adding to the 'free' comments....

it has not yet been decided if there will be a charge or not for the game, or how it will be distributed. It depends on many things and wont be known till much later on...but i dont want everyone to get the idea that it is definately going to be free, in case it ends up not being free :)

im afraid i cant really comment any further on this just yet.

cheers,

LM

I think this game should not be free as lots of hard work is going on in making TCP.But this game should be sold at a reasonable price.

gaurav_indian said:
I think this game should not be free as lots of hard work is going on in making TCP.But this game should be sold at a reasonable price.

if there is a charge it certainly will be very reasonable. That is something i can say with assurance.

legend_master said:
if there is a charge it certainly will be very reasonable. That is something i can say with assurance.

The effort you're putting into this, about ?50 would be reasonable. But this price discussion is probably proving a distraction, so shall we leave it for a while? :)

FreddieFan said:
The effort you're putting into this, about ?50 would be reasonable. But this price discussion is probably proving a distraction, so shall we leave it for a while? :)

50 pounds!! That's very flattering but It would be waaaay less than that... ;) ... But yes, let's leave it for now...

well i think i read somewhere that you can use copyrighted material in your product as long as you dont sell your product. and tcp is going to be using alot of copyrighted material wether its at release or after release. and if you wanna buy the licence, it might cost a bit. it is totaly reasonable to have a price tag on tcp but im sure if you were to give it to the public for free and asked for donation, you would get alot of it.

just a second thought in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread