TAOC Discussion

holmie said:
well i think i read somewhere that you can use copyrighted material in your product as long as you dont sell your product. and tcp is going to be using alot of copyrighted material wether its at release or after release. and if you wanna buy the licence, it might cost a bit. it is totaly reasonable to have a price tag on tcp but im sure if you were to give it to the public for free and asked for donation, you would get alot of it.

just a second thought in my mind.

This might not be a bad idea. Have the game 'free', but to download, you have to 'donate' :D

I'll happily donate/pay either way. If the game turns out half as good as it should do, $100AUD wouldn't phase me. Heck, if the game is $50AUD, I'll pay $100AUD!

daleroy said:
This might not be a bad idea. Have the game 'free', but to download, you have to 'donate' :D

I'll happily donate/pay either way. If the game turns out half as good as it should do, $100AUD wouldn't phase me. Heck, if the game is $50AUD, I'll pay $100AUD!

wow, thanks guys! great support! :cheers

But if there is a charge it would be affordable for everyone...

I have a massive vision for TCP, hopefully it will turn out as great as we all hope. I for one will certainly do my best to ensure it does ;)

legend_master said:
wow, thanks guys! great support! :cheers

But if there is a charge it would be affordable for everyone...

I have a massive vision for TCP, hopefully it will turn out as great as we all hope. I for one will certainly do my best to ensure it does ;)
I thought those things would cost upwards of like $1000

daleroy said:
Even though this game will be worth it, I would never pay a forced 'donation', if it is of your own free will to donate for something, you get a lot more out of it. Besides that would be very bad legally, and you don't want LM to be sued.

whitehornmatt said:
Even though this game will be worth it, I would never pay a forced 'donation', if it is of your own free will to donate for something, you get a lot more out of it. Besides that would be very bad legally, and you don't want LM to be sued.

yeah, i agree, there would be no 'forced donations'. If there's a charge then it will be a mandatory cost to buy it, or else it would be donate whatever you like, but no 'forced donations'.

LM

yeah forcing is like paying. but im sure there will be alot of people donating for this project. LM if you are ever planning to give the game out for free, dont ever think that people wont donate. people at planetcricket are loyal and would love to have this game wether they pay for it or not.

holmie said:
yeah forcing is like paying. but im sure there will be alot of people donating for this project. LM if you are ever planning to give the game out for free, dont ever think that people wont donate. people at planetcricket are loyal and would love to have this game wether they pay for it or not.

exactly, plenty of ppl will donate as much as they can, even ill try to donate 40-50 US$, i dont have a credit card, but ill be able to persaude my dad for something

If you're certain about accepting donations, why not start now? It might smooth out the development process to a certain extent.

It wouldn't take me long to set up a PayPal donations feature on the website.

SkateBoarder said:
It wouldn't take me long to set up a PayPal donations feature on the website.

Yeah do it man...i know lots of people will donate...

Bilal91 said:
Yeah do it man...i know lots of people will donate...

guys, this is fantastic support - thanks so much, but please let's not do anything regarding money exchanges just yet...what would happen if it did end up being sold and people who donated would be like "hey, i donated, i dont want to pay again!"

what im saying is that its just too early to be doing anything like that, although i really appreciate the support! Please hold off on that for now, Skateboarder....I also think it's a bit too early for people to even know if they will like it - at least wait for a demo ;)

LM

update

quick little progress update..

- still working on improving batsman animations and adding transitions - this is gonna take a while, but will be well worth it! Also doing batsman idles anims as well - this includes practice strokes, standing still, looking around, padding down the pitch, taking guard etc.
- completed all running between wickets - looking really good now...very happy with this
- fixed the stadium turf so is now properly interchangable with ANY turf mown grass pattern e.g. stripes, circles, checks - grass more detailed (higher res) and overall look of field much smoother and more realistic. Pitch is getting a revamp too, being made to be much easier to interchange /edit and more compact in size without losing resolution
- all vests are now completed - great work JK and Hariz

LM

Excellent work as always legend master. Sensational efforts also from JK, Hariz and the rest of the team. This undoubtebly will be a great game! Cheers.

Well done LM reps to you. Living proof those who care win. we will ea wont ;)

Users who are viewing this thread